Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RP in Hive is dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RP in Hive is dead.

RP in the Hive is dead.

Both Xenos and Higmind use the human terms. Or for example I saw today how Lurker says how much HP he has, just like that and says "I have 5 hp" and it turned out to be an admin.
    Luckily there are people like Lunraflu who are fighting it but RP in the highways is dead

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oof rip your forum account

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ZAAAMMMNNNNNNNNNN RP IS DEAD STILLL, Who'd have thought

At least "UWU MOMMY GIVE ME PWASMA PWEASE" is banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are you talking about. warrior and lurker is the epitome or roleplay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure what you want. Were you looking for a conversation like:

"Fellow sister, how is your health?"
    "My psychic powers telling me my exact health is saying I have 5 health points, haha."

Seriously, outside a change of the form of what is typed, not much RP can be done on xeno side. It is like trying to add RP to a TF2 match. What exactly are you looking for in RP? What is this ideal world you are trying to revive?

This post is pretty much the same post somewhat near the top in the hive topic so I will just put what I said there.

Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    One of the biggest pillars of good RP is that you sacriface "powergame-y" mindset by letting yourself being a bit inconvinienced, or at a disadventage.
    This. This is the heart of the problem when you want more RP inside a TDM game. Creativity goes out the window when all you do is strive for being the best at the current meta. Some examples:

-A drone wants to make heart shapes using walls that the talls from space can see and be tricked by.
    -A T3 thinks it can "Kill talls with kindess" so it tries its best to help intent talls while bullet sponging.
    -A larva wants to roleplay as a larva, being a sneaky spy against talls, and if given the opportunity, take a ride up.

If the queen at the time knew of a perma larva, a T3 that doesnt attack, or a drone that isn't spending all its time weeding and building defenses, I would not be surprised if the queen banishes the xeno.

You need a game similar to a normal game of space station 13 to roleplay. In the normal...well you know what I mean...station, there is no winning, only losing. Therefore there is no need to meta. For instance if aliens started weak and got stronger over time, and could never lose. The marines could spend their time on wacky solutions that may or may not prolong the match, and aliens would be more lax to spend time doing what they want til they are powerful enough to just stomp over the marines and start a new round.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Havoc View Post
    Seriously, outside a change of the form of what is typed, not much RP can be done on xeno side. It is like trying to add RP to a TF2 match.
    It is possible. Friendlies show that it is fairly common. Not true RP in itself, but surely a foundation, where you stop fighting the other team and instead just have a fun with them.

You need a game similar to a normal game of space station 13 to roleplay. In the normal...well you know what I mean...station, there is no winning, only losing. Therefore there is no need to meta. For instance if aliens started weak and got stronger over time, and could never lose. The marines could spend their time on wacky solutions that may or may not prolong the match, and aliens would be more lax to spend time doing what they want til they are powerful enough to just stomp over the marines and start a new round.
    That is not entirely true. Even in vanilla SS13 you still have objective and you can win. Major winning as a crewmember is when you beat antagonists. Minor winning is when you survive. There is a reason servers have rules against valid hunting, needlessly arming themselfs, powergaming, murderboing as antags and stuff.
    I would say it's more about lack of pressure, uncertainty and a bit of boredom, where you either RP, or do nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines can be held to higher expectations, communication is an important part of them winning, and IC they would act like normal humans. Xenos are a hivemind, OOC their words are automatically translated to actual hivespeak, who cares if they use netspeak if it gets their point across, they are aliens speaking telepathically in english. Making RP fun requires a lot of balancing, in my experience highRP servers that give their players a good amount of freedom tend to be the most enjoyable, and you can end up having interesting interactions with other players(Even if rare), on the other hand if you limit a player's freedom you have servers that are just discord with sprites. If CM wants to encourage higher standards for roleplay, then they should firmly take a stance on it, punishing players at the whim of an admin is going to scare off new and old players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucif View Post
    RP in the Hive is dead.

Both Xenos and Higmind use the human terms. Or for example I saw today how Lurker says how much HP he has, just like that and says "I have 5 hp" and it turned out to be an admin.
    Luckily there are people like Lunraflu who are fighting it but RP in the highways is dead
    imagine rp in the hive it would just be "kill" "impregnate"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cut
    2 of the things you mentioned are just straight up grief and the drone is just beeing himself.
    Normal SS13 is a TDM too (source and citation me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BazookaBoy View Post
    imagine rp in the hive it would just be "kill" "impregnate"
    It's better than the LRP phrase In Hivemind