Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Nerf Warrior

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyronedadwhisperer View Post
    warrior isnt op, i have some pretty good transmogs on them including some from the burning crusade and i still don't do as much dps as i want, these full set andy's are destroying wow and you might as well just jump to ff instead dude.
    can't believe warrior is bottom dps every patch blizzard is punishing all warrior mains just because off assmonbald

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sometimes im a warrior IRL and im lunging people and flinging them

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    can't believe warrior is bottom dps every patch blizzard is punishing all warrior mains just because off assmonbald
    Well said, I think the person that originally posted to nerf warrior are probably a t3 sub to McConnell and likely main rogue and like Sylvanas as a character

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xeno castes are balanced around particular roles. Sure, warriors are probably perma-killing and capping you more than most castes, but that's their role. It's what they're built and designed around. If they couldn't do it, another caste would need to have stronger offensive abilities to compensate and then they'd be the ones doing it. Warriors are relatively tanky compared to many T2s but they're by far the most fragile melee frontline caste. The skill floor on warrior is relatively high, and for every robust warrior who dominates a round there are several who just die immediately.

The question of whether warriors are fun to fight, or whether the skill ceiling is too high, is more interesting. But I don't think it's out of line with the rest of the game. I don't think the bell is fun to fight right now. I don't think the M2C is fun to fight, or the SADAR, or the grenade spec. There are plenty of things both sides face in this game which can feel cheap or unearned if you die to them. The fact is though, something has to kill people in order for the game to end. If every source of death was easy to counter if you knew how or stuck to some simple rules, then you end up with a situation where rounds are even more dominated by skilled players.

The skill ceiling on marine (or any human) is ridiculously high compared to any xeno caste. Robust marines or survivors can and do dominate rounds as much as any sweaty warrior main despite nominally having less power to compensate for marine numbers. I personally just don't see the huge balance issue with warriors. Is it annoying to die to them sometimes? Sure. But again, you'd have to die to something.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you play enough Osu! you can dodge warrior lunge. and I wish I was saying that as a joke.
    just did that unironically a few times yesterday.
    So, the moral of the story is. if you want to fight Xeno, play a rhythm game or some shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usnpeepoo View Post
    yeah daily reminder to do the turing test on every guy you walk with to make sure they arent an AI programmed to not help you when you get lunged/pounced/stunned.
    "you see a turtle on the ground. It's trying to flip itself over, but it can't. Why won't you help it?"

NPC FFs me immediately in a uncontrollable rage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eles View Post
    "you see a turtle on the ground. It's trying to flip itself over, but it can't. Why won't you help it?"

NPC FFs me immediately in a uncontrollable rage
    This reminds me of a round last night that I played as a PFC, a woyer lunged our medic, I walked up with an M41 with AP loaded, and started to plug them, by the time the woyer could get three tiles away they were gushing blood. They combod the medic, who then instantly stood up, PBd the woyer, and we proceeded to plug so many rounds in to it that it gibbed. In general, even if its two marines, woyers can, unless they have incredible presence of mind, be forced in to a panic just by shooting them, they make a mistake, get stunned, then focused down and blow up.

The real issue comes down to team play, which is what everyone seems to think shouldnt exist, which I guess is unga brain at its finest. Yes, if you fight woyers in a choke, dont put up folding cades to prevent lunges, let them drag your team after a lunge and dont slug them/heavy revo them, you are going to watch 90% of the lunges end up capping or braziling PFCs. But on the other hand, PFCs have tools at their finger tips that can allow them to completely negate a lunge. This is a team game, if you want to play like a protagonist and be the doom slayer, go play...um...mario kart on the SNES. Benos have currently one caste that can consistently engage fights, woyer, asking to remove them and the tools they have in exchange for nothing would break game balance, and cause basically nobody to want to play xeno, as killing marines would be an absolute fucking chore.