User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf Warrior

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    I have been playing the game for the last month as both xeno and marine and have had zero issues with warriors, I've literally killed two at once with the L42 in the last few days. It's not difficult by any measure to kill a Warrior.
    did you have AP rounds and what rank were they.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    did you have AP rounds and what rank were they.
    Regular L42 ammo, Warrior's FO-E and ERM (who are both good players, but not super experienced at warrior). I've also killed a few of the primes in the same way, but for some reason HEX is never a warrior when I'm playing marine. :3

Oh also for your future reference, AP ammo doesn't increase your damage to Warriors, since they only have 20 armour and regular ammo has 5 AP. This is consistent among every weapon - L42 does 39 damage per shot to a Warrior with both regular and AP ammo, M41 MK2 does 33 per with regular and AP, M39 actually does 30 with HV and 28 with AP to warriors.
    Last edited by ChainsawMullet; 01-03-2022 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can y'all 'certified deltards' please scoop up your fucking brain stew from the floor and put it to use

The caste hasn't changed in 4 years - and if anything, it got nerfed.
    There's no more 4WD, no guaranteed bonebreak punch and you can't meatshield marines.

Stop larping as protagonists and actually get good at the game christ
    Last edited by gta5pedestrian3; 01-03-2022 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    M39 actually does 30 with HV and 28 with AP to warriors.

M39 Nerf - ROF down to 450 from 600
    M39 Nerf - DMG on AP down to 24 from 28.
    M39 Nerf - DMG on HV down to 34 from 40.
    M39 Buff - Decreased the falloff to 8 from 10.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    M39 Nerf - ROF down to 450 from 600
    M39 Nerf - DMG on AP down to 24 from 28.
    M39 Nerf - DMG on HV down to 34 from 40.
    M39 Buff - Decreased the falloff to 8 from 10.
    Riiiiight, HV and AP will do the same damage per bullet to warriors now with M39, and it still shreds (50 more dps than m41 still btw).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly, i might be retarded here (i'm kinda retarded), but the only nerf i see that would reduce salt and the general weirdness of Warriors would be the removal of being able to lunge around corners. personally, i've had too many times where i'm in the middle of an ungaball surrounded by friendly marines, just to see a warrior half-illuminated open a resin door while standing beside it rather than in front of it, and instantly grabbing and tailwhipping me past it. it's happened more than one time and each time i've basically been guaranteed perma because of it. however, with that being said, that's something that's gonna have to be tested because IMO the warrior is already in a fairly solid spot- and takes a decent amount of skill to use correctly.

i think the argument of 'just PB them lol' is retarded, because i rarely, if EVER, see that happen. i have seen the most robusto marines get woyer grabbed and they're pretty much guaranteed dead and gone. my only gripe is the saturation of Warriors, i see 8-12 at a time depending on the population and it's extremely oppressive to try and deal with them unless you have a mortar crew that's on point (lmao as if) or a good OB. but also, the belief that you should be able to solo a xeno- and a fucking T2 no less, is equally retarded. they're meant to be lethal, that's the point, we will never have a CM that's anything like the movies- and it's been like that from literal day one. to assume you should be able to solo a T2 by yourself is ridiculous unless you really are extremely robust, xenos already have twice to three times as less numbers as the marines, being able to solo T2's would bork their balance entirely and we'd get a ridiculous Marine winrate- which honestly sucks, in my opinion. i would rather lose and have fun than have a shitty 30 minute marine stomp round where the xenos get steamrolled.

with that being said, there's really no middle ground here, honestly, marine mains can be spoiled brats sometimes and i have literally never NOT seen them mald about every little change. this is coming from a marine main- in the last month of playing, i've played 70 hours of marine and 3 hours as xeno. let that speak for itself. as someone who's seeking to become a Mentor (with 4 +1's on my app as of current) trying to remain objective when everyone is so charged about this shit is hard- i will absolutely be playing xeno a lot more soon just to try and get an unbiased view from both ways, but, and this is mostly just me being retarded again and offering a differing point of view than my first claim, Warriors are the main causes of marine casualties because they're meant to be- there's a lot of them, they're like main footsoldiers of Xenos, and a few good warriors can turn the tide of an entire round as i have seen time and time again.

personally? i'd like to see T3's be more oppressive outside of Boiler, Rav, and Prae. i remember when Crushers were absolutely one of the most oppressive T3 to deal with and for good reason- they're walking fucking tanks, i feel like i've either just witnessed a lot of crushers that are extremely bald, or they really are that down bad.

tl;dr warrior is in a good spot but might need a tweak here and there- whether it's an outright nerf (unlikely) or just some tweaks to their overall gameplay, i would rather see T3's be the most scary (they already are)- namely the crusher, because i'll never forget the feeling of dread when a good crusher came onto the frontline and smashed through the first line of cades, and we literally celebrated when we finally killed them.

free to discard my opinion because it comes from limited experience, i'm honestly just rambling and are drinking. but half the fucking forums are schizoposts anyways so lmao. ya'lls opinions and viewpoints will help me on the road to being a good mentor if my app gets accepted.
    Last edited by Obscurify; 01-04-2022 at 12:49 AM.
    Joined the fight November 2015

A strange voice says 'F@c3 m3 1n m0rt@1 c0mb@t'.
    PFC Charles 'Ajax' Hayes says, "Nah."

Long time CM and forum lurker, change character names and appearances as often as putting on a new pair of socks.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surerly Warrior can seem OP, but not because he itself is OP (besides quantum lunge around corners, of course), rather other T2s don't have that appeal as jack of all trades swiss army knife.

If you plan on staying combat T2, your only option is warrior. Drone branch is support, spitter is ranged and that leaves only lurkerino who isn't that good in direct combat.

With T1 you have solid two combat choices atleast, either you go defender, or a runner. Both good at staying as T1, or evolving into something usefull. Honorable mention to drone, which isn't blocked by previous caste of choice, unlike his evolutions.
    T3 has whopping solid three combat choices, so there isn't really too much of one caste, they are fairly balanced compared to each other.

One interesting idea about warior overrepresentation would be to make him an evolutionary dead end. And by that I mean shuffling evolution paths, where warrior can't evolve into any T3.
    Then you put Prae into Drone branch to be more Alien lore friendly and either return crusher to the runner branch (Kinda stupid that crusher would evolve from lurker, but hey, its CM we talking about, stupid illogical shit is the bread and butter here), or put him as evolution from hivelord.
    This way you have to actually commit into choosing warrior, no freebies if T3 dies, while support drone branch castes get more popular.
    Last edited by CABAL; 01-04-2022 at 01:00 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you suck.
    git gud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe i am overeacting but can you guys at least admit that lunging around corners is bullshit and comboing off of other t3 abilites for free kills is bullshit?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idk i dont play CM anymore