User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf Warrior

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Havoc View Post
    EDIT: to the video: you had no allies ready to back you up going in. The area ahead was not lit. One ally was stuck behind some xeno wall. You stepped onto creep while the queen was building there (hence the wall). You went 4+ tiles ahead of any friendly. If you noticed, the warrior was able to drag you uncontested by any gunfire. He didn't even need to fling you. You didn't even have a weapon that could stun even if his mechanic was changed. Your allies were in the correct position to start to attack the choke. If you still couldn't proceed with grenades or at least flames then there is always CAS support, OB, mortar support, a SADAR to use you as bait, or just go around with the eastern forces as that is not the only choke on the map.
    I'll preface this again with the fact that yes I was baited and deserved to die (I was mostly malding at my pointing team mates) but you are completely wrong about CAS OB and mortar. Literally cant be used in the caves except ob which I actually already called in. Queen eye breaking LOS is bullshit and also I did have a shotgun but 0 chances to pull it out after lunge. also slow the video down when I get lunged. He comes from nowhere lol

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    I admit I was mostly mad about my team baiting me to get the corpse by pointing at it but come on. Slow the video and watch how that warrior grabs me from another zip code and then I have 0 chance after the interaction to interact and play the game at all.
    He was 3 tiles away when he lunged, 4 when you saw him. Also, only one of your teammates pointed at the corpse, the Survivor who ran down, threw a flare, and backed up when he saw the xenos was pointing at the Warrior around the corner. Of all the possible scenarios I expected to see in video form this is like the least offensive Warrior lunge I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are right obsidian about the OB, CAS, mortar. My bad, wasn't paying attention to location. Xenos do get a bit of an advantage in caves.

If you danced a bit in the video instead of full charge I think you actually would have seen him in time. It seems you could see him one tile before you were grabbed. In that tile he wouldn't have been able to grab you. Also chichi mentioning moving back stops lunges? Not sure how that mechanic works.

I thought in the video creep sticking out would have indicated eye was there, but it is not as obvious as I thought. I think a well prepared unga would have not been affected by it but nonetheless the eye does scare me as an unga.
    Last edited by Master Havoc; 01-09-2022 at 07:56 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bottom line of this thread? I'm good at warrior u should buff it so it's overpowered again DKD sucks and he has 0 game and bitches

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like skill issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    I admit I was mostly mad about my team baiting me to get the corpse by pointing at it but come on. Slow the video and watch how that warrior grabs me from another zip code and then I have 0 chance after the interaction to interact and play the game at all.
    Ah that's fair and hell yeah they baited the heck out of you. Didn't even move to try to pb as you got ywoinked. And the warrior is actually very close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiChii View Post

Skill issue. Use those brain cells, rub em together.

To counter warrior lunge you just have to step back a singular tile. That is all. Full stop. Step back instead of running forward at mac ten. I know. Baffling. "Stop walking forward is the counter to lunge?!?!?!1111!!!?!?!" Yes, that is your free tip from Chi, you have to purchase my eBook from a kindle store near you to get the rest.
    Its Honestly insulting how much xeno mains look down on marine players. I understand what your arguing, if you move erratically enough the woyer might just fuck up and miss. However, what you proposed is utterly untrue, a woyer can easily grab a marine who steps back. Woyers CAN MOVE THEIR CURSOR like any other player and their not as counterable like you make it out to be. In you're attempt to explain how "easily" woyers can be countered, you just fucking confused everyone with this LIE.

But don't act like something is "busted" because you don't want to do anything but take a boot knife and run forward. The protag syndrome is ugly as hell and hopefully devs don't continue nerfing xenos for marines that refuse to do anything to improve. Daaaamn.
    I dont know if your comments on charging with a knife refers to another source by the OP, but it should be known that most marines arent as moronic and "unskilled" as you think. Most marines are probably discouraged by the fact that fighting in the front (no matter how skilled) is always subject to a woyer booting them into the backlines, I'm sure the majority of woyer lunge fuckery isn't from suicidal marine pushes. MOREVER, IM SURE that most marines dont have a fucking "protag syndrome" which is pushing them to complain about woyers. Marine players aren't idiots who think their at the center of the game but players in love with the same game xeno players love. Why are players like yourself so inclined to label marines who want to nerf woyers as unskilled, stubborn, idiots. Stop lumping everyone you dont like into the same basket.
    Last edited by Aligote; 01-11-2022 at 07:49 AM.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aligote View Post
    Its Honestly insulting how much xeno mains look down on marine players.
    This goes both ways, a very good example of it is your entire post here.

I understand what your arguing, if you move erratically enough the woyer might just fuck up and miss. However, what you proposed is utterly untrue, a woyer can easily grab a marine who steps back. Woyers CAN MOVE THEIR CURSOR like any other player and their not as counterable like you make it out to be. In you're attempt to explain how "easily" woyers can be countered, you just fucking confused everyone with this LIE.
    You clearly don't understand what Chi is saying, because you got it entirely wrong. If you step back during a Warrior's lunge, they will not be able to grab you. Lunge works like this: You target a human, and when you use the ability on them, it will jump you adjacent to them and grab them. HOWEVER, the tile you jump to does NOT change after you use the ability, so if they move before you arrive at the tile, it disrupts the ability and you will miss your Lunge, landing on the original "adjacent" tile with the ability on cooldown. It is not a lie, and you've only exposed how little you know what you're talking about by saying it is.

I dont know if your comments on charging with a knife refers to another source by the OP, but it should be known that most marines arent as moronic and "unskilled" as you think. Most marines are probably discouraged by the fact that fighting in the front (no matter how skilled) is always subject to a woyer booting them into the backlines, I'm sure the majority of woyer lunge fuckery isn't from suicidal marine pushes. MOREVER, IM SURE that most marines dont have a fucking "protag syndrome" which is pushing them to complain about woyers. Marine players aren't idiots who think their at the center of the game but players in love with the same game xeno players love. Why are players like yourself so inclined to label marines who want to nerf woyers as unskilled, stubborn, idiots. Stop lumping everyone you dont like into the same basket.
    The reality is this: Most players are bad at the game. A startling majority of people cannot play the actual gameplay portion of CM very well at all. This is true for Xenos as well, but it is more true for Marines because that is where most people in a round will be - there is objectively more bad players on the marine side than the xeno side in any round. That is an objective fact, it is something I have observed for a long time as someone who plays both Marine and Xeno, and it stuck out like a sore thumb when I played Pred.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    You clearly don't understand what Chi is saying, because you got it entirely wrong. If you step back during a Warrior's lunge, they will not be able to grab you. Lunge works like this: You target a human, and when you use the ability on them, it will jump you adjacent to them and grab them. HOWEVER, the tile you jump to does NOT change after you use the ability, so if they move before you arrive at the tile, it disrupts the ability and you will miss your Lunge, landing on the original "adjacent" tile with the ability on cooldown. It is not a lie, and you've only exposed how little you know what you're talking about by saying it is.
    you're right but you missed one point. The speed of the lunge is completely un-reactable with even a little bit of lag. Even look at my shitter video. If you think you could have reacted to that lunge by stepping back you're completely delusional.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Le pillar de RP, mon ami, cannot just be nerfed
    Synth Gaming