User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf Warrior

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    You clearly don't understand what Chi is saying, because you got it entirely wrong. If you step back during a Warrior's lunge, they will not be able to grab you. Lunge works like this: You target a human, and when you use the ability on them, it will jump you adjacent to them and grab them. HOWEVER, the tile you jump to does NOT change after you use the ability, so if they move before you arrive at the tile, it disrupts the ability and you will miss your Lunge, landing on the original "adjacent" tile with the ability on cooldown. It is not a lie, and you've only exposed how little you know what you're talking about by saying it is.
    The defining point is, whether if it's stepping back during THE LUNGE or erratically moving to make the woyer's lunge HARDER, it's not what comes through in CHI's post. In their attempt to simplify a counter they blatantly leave out the fact that it's DURING A LUNGE, which ultimately takes some skill and quick ass reflexes. I'm not a bumbling marine main who doesn't know anything about xeno gaming, I just didn't know what CHI was suggesting as an easy counter was to dodge a lunge mid air.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    The reality is this: Most players are bad at the game. A startling majority of people cannot play the actual gameplay portion of CM very well at all. This is true for Xenos as well, but it is more true for Marines because that is where most people in a round will be - there is objectively more bad players on the marine side than the xeno side in any round. That is an objective fact, it is something I have observed for a long time as someone who plays both Marine and Xeno, and it stuck out like a sore thumb when I played Pred.
    Well that depends on what you define it as. It should be taken into account that playing as marine (proper trigger discipline, aiming, moving in GENERAL) requires a lot of trial and error. The same goes for xenos but ye, due to the majority of players at round start being marines, the majority of players are marines trying to perfect their play or improve in general. HOWEVER, ya know what this doesn't apply to? My entire post as to why you guys are labeling all marines sour about woyer lunges as unskilled dumbies. Also I don't look down on xeno players, I'm a drone main if that means anything. I did make a mistake conflating all xeno players as having the same opinion looking down on marines. Mains aren't a bad thing in itself and each is an individual player with individual opinions.
    Last edited by Aligote; 01-12-2022 at 03:08 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you're forced to mostly stay in a situation where the warrior can't lunge you because it'd either get them killed or force the warrior out of corners and hiding hole with incendiary grenade or something like that

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There can be no possible solution. Warriors are simply too dangerous to be left alive. The only tactic that works against them is an offensive wall tactic, orchestrated by a robust squad leader. Cock those M41As and switch to burst fire. Stand next to your bud and get ready to blast some xenos. Only way to win. Maximum wall robustness strategy. If anything attacks anyone just shoot it.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're overpowered. If Marines had a role that could get a single person 30–60 kills in a round, Alien players would be clamoring for its removal, too.

The only counter to lunge is don't get lunged. It does make them vulnerable by stunting their speed, but that vulnerability is moot by how quickly they can fling you into the Aliens' side: a 100% assured death.
    They can tank—able to withstand nearly an entire magazine of armor-piercing rounds at close range—while also having a strain that has an attack with no cooldown (or click delay) combined with a get stunned forever ability.

If you think, "yeah, an Alien shouldn't even be half dead from this," then you're out of your mind.
    Last edited by CCRWasHere; 01-15-2022 at 11:56 PM.
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR

Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRWasHere View Post
    They're overpowered. If Marines had a role that could get a single person 30–60 kills in a round, Alien players would be clamoring for its removal, too.

The only counter to lunge is don't get lunged. It does make them vulnerable by stunting their speed, but that vulnerability is moot by how quickly they can fling you into the Aliens' side: a 100% assured death.
    They can tank—able to withstand nearly an entire magazine of armor-piercing rounds at close range—while also having a strain that has an attack with no cooldown (or click delay) combined with a get stunned forever ability.

If you think, "yeah, an Alien shouldn't even be half dead from this," then you're out of your mind.
    a lot worse than what it used to be able to do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once watched an OB kill 8 Xenos in one hit.

I've used CAS to get rid of every T3 in a Hive.

I once rested as Praetorian only to realize the error of my ways when I was reading in Dchat "killed by 80mm HE Mortar Shell".

I agree. Warrior is pretty powerful. Just like Lurkers are. So let me run you through the 'how 2 kill woyers' checklist.

1. Are you attacking them alone? If the answer is yes, say hi to Dchat. Otherwise, proceed to step 2.

2. Are your teammates shooting the woyer? It might not be as simple as "shoot the xeno guys", you might be fighting in a 1 to 2 meter wide gap making support impossible. Consider using grenades or incendiary.

3. Can you just get the RPG or GL spec to blow them up or stunlock them?

4. If all else fails. Yell at your local CAS pilot to drop missiles on it until it stops being a problem either by killing it or retreating.

Devs will always make Xenos OP because their idea of 'balance' is dice loaded with semtex. Your only option is to use the immense firepower you wield as a team.

Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Decker100 View Post
    I once watched an OB kill 8 Xenos in one hit.
    And I've seen orbital bombardments kill dozens of Marines. Almost as much a threat to Marines as it is to Xenomorphs.
    With all the warnings (both textual and audio) dying to an orbital bombardment as an Alien is difficult: xenomorphs are just too fast; only those with severe tunnel vision die to bombardments.

I've used CAS to get rid of every T3 in a Hive.
    Yell at your local CAS pilot to drop missiles on it until it stops being a problem either by killing it or retreating.
    While possible, it suffers from the same problems as orbital bombardments: easily avoided, and just as dangerous to Marines.

OB and CAS are not only limited in use, but they can be just as destructive to Marines as they are to Aliens.
    Regardless, if you honestly believe a SINGLE warrior should equal in threat to OB and CAS, your bias is making you delusional.

Can you just get the RPG or GL spec to blow them up or stunlock them?
    Because Marines have one demolitionist and grenadier, this justifies each warrior being powerful enough to reach
    This reasoning is laughable.
    Last edited by CCRWasHere; 01-16-2022 at 03:26 AM.
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR

Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reasoning is laughable.
    Oh no I agree that Xenos are powerful, I'm just giving you tips on how better to counter them.

You seem to of ignored the whole "Move as a squad, use the things at your disposal" in favor for "marines can FF but Xenos can't this is unfair".

Been like that for along, long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    warrior is only "OP" when they're lunging u or you're getting combo'd by them
    notice how they aren't ""OP"" when you work together and manage to kill them??.... and don't forget if a warrior outplays you, it doesn't mean its OP either as in, they know you're in a group of 2 and switch positions, hit and runs, break a bone on one and focus the other, etc etc. That means the warrior is skilled. And CCR's images of warriors getting 30-60 kills are because the warrior is skilled. it means they are playing the caste to its peak and are not dying to stupid mistakes that kill 90% of warriors (or they just got carried by shield slash).

A warrior wouldn't be tanking AP if its 2 people focus firing on it. A warrior wouldn't be tanking PB's if its 2 people pb'ing or LRB'ing it. A warrior wouldn't be surviving lunges, or being able to displace (which takes a second) a marine enough to lunge if they are slugged, grenaded, LRB'd, sadar'd, m79 baton slugged, etc. A warrior cannot do jack shit if people don't over extend, they watch their corners, they flare, they stick in groups and don't FF, and know their firing lines. A warrior is really easy to not die to if you play well as a marine, but of course its CM and you will die whether you like it or not robust or not.

Basically, suck it up and just play. The caste has counters, it has a predictable moveset, its death combo only works if you manage to get hit by its only long range stuns (that brings them to you), and has never not been killable.

https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=12080 reminds me of this too you all should take a read of how older players were handling even more broken mechanics, xenos, etc. Warrior (aside from its shield) is in arguably the most balanced state it has ever been.
    Last edited by Usnpeepoo; 01-16-2022 at 06:05 AM.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't care about refuting the same tired-old arguments or people posting videos of them missing half their shots and going "clearly it's too tanky!"

But the Boxer clip. Boxer is literally ONLY good against Preds, it is absolute dogshit against marines because it can only 1v1, it has no utility, you will get DPS'd down in any fight that isn't a 1v1 before you can get a good uppercut off, even if you're a good player. Posting a clip of you getting BTFO'd by a boxer as a Pred isn't a measure of balance, Preds exist outside of the game's balance and are never accounted for, nor will they ever be.

Also slugs suck ass most Xenos wouldn't die from 8 of them.