User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 97

Thread: Nerf Warrior

  1. #71
    Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    missing half their shots and going "clearly it's too tanky!"
    Nine missed rounds out of forty is "half their shots"? Those were armor-piercing rounds, so it would likely take a standard forty-round magazine to kill ONE warrior.
    Believing both this and
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Xenos wouldn't die from 8 (slugs).
    is fucking wild. Unlike you, my suspension of disbelief isn't so devoid of sanity that this makes sense.
    There are better ways of balancing outnumbered Aliens than by making warriors' power ceiling so high that
    Quote Originally Posted by Usnpeepoo View Post
    images of warriors getting 30-60 kills
    is normalized. If ravagers or praetorians were able to reliably kill nearly as many, it wouldn't be a problem.
    No amount of mental gymnastics can justify a T2 with enough capability that outperforms all T3 on such a scale.
    Sixty is sometimes the entire Marine groundside; you're delusional if you think it's fine to be solely responsible for killing half—or even the entire—Marine force.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Posting a clip of you getting BTFO'd by a boxer as a Pred isn't a measure of balance, Preds exist outside of the game's balance and are never accounted for, nor will they ever be.
    Nice strawman. Balance in regards to Predators was never mentioned. Being one in the clips just made it easier to showcase a warrior's no-delay attack and forever stun.
    If you weren't either schizo or autistic, you'd have seen that.

    It's ridiculous to be given an attack—one that doesn't punish for missing a click—with no delay and say it's fair because you can only destroy one Marine at a time.
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

    Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR


    Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  2. #72
    Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    544
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRWasHere View Post
    Nice strawman. Balance in regards to Predators was never mentioned. Being one in the clips just made it easier to showcase a warrior's no-delay attack and forever stun.
    If you weren't either schizo or autistic, you'd have seen that.

    It's ridiculous to be given an attack—one that doesn't punish for missing a click—with no delay and say it's fair because you can only destroy one Marine at a time.
    Resorting to personal attacks over a forum thread is very unbecoming of a councillor, and lends no credit to any of your points.

    Do better in future.

  3. #73
    Senior Member Decker100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Resorting to personal attacks over a forum thread is very unbecoming of a councillor, and lends no credit to any of your points.

    Do better in future.
    I don't really blame him, I feel the same way about MPs except fifteen times more furious. I understand the rage against the woyer.
    Commander Decker Alsimia
    UNITED STATES COLONIAL MARINES
    4th Colonial Marine Brigade
    2nd Battalion "Falling Falcons"
    USS Almayer (REGISTRY NOT FOUND)

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chainsaw and decker you are both english put your differences aside and stop arguing.

    Personlly think Warrior ahould be buffed tbh.

  5. #75
    Senior Member Usnpeepoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRWasHere View Post
    Nine missed rounds out of forty is "half their shots"? Those were armor-piercing rounds, so it would likely take a standard forty-round magazine to kill ONE warrior.
    Believing both this and

    is fucking wild. Unlike you, my suspension of disbelief isn't so devoid of sanity that this makes sense.
    There are better ways of balancing outnumbered Aliens than by making warriors' power ceiling so high that

    is normalized. If ravagers or praetorians were able to reliably kill nearly as many, it wouldn't be a problem.
    No amount of mental gymnastics can justify a T2 with enough capability that outperforms all T3 on such a scale.
    Sixty is sometimes the entire Marine groundside; you're delusional if you think it's fine to be solely responsible for killing half—or even the entire—Marine force.


    Nice strawman. Balance in regards to Predators was never mentioned. Being one in the clips just made it easier to showcase a warrior's no-delay attack and forever stun.
    If you weren't either schizo or autistic, you'd have seen that.

    It's ridiculous to be given an attack—one that doesn't punish for missing a click—with no delay and say it's fair because you can only destroy one Marine at a time.
    I don't know what you're talking about, its never been normalized. In fact, when shep got his 60+ kills on a solaris round warrior got hard nerfed a week later. Thankfully, we're far gone from that kind of dev mentality of punishing good players for the sake of worse ones. Like i said, its in the weakest states its ever been since release. Its not even mental gymnastics, it just means the warrior has killed a lot (and most of the time the same) marines, those marines did not manage to kill them, the warrior was a better player. And most of the time, those insane amount of kills are because its a long round, or the marines basically just walked into the warrior for kills. I've done it too, and it's clear from both when you're tryharding to get all those kills, to when marines are just feeding themselves to you. It's a player and skill issue unironically and can be fixed by simply getting good. It could be the same on most other castes like runner, lurker, ravager, but obviously not on other less hardhitting castes like prae (except dancer, but its been nerfed since a guy got 83 kills with it in its high time). Its literally just better players, and no good (or killed, capped, not even online) marines on the other side.

    Also notice that you think the 40 AP rounds into the warrior didnt manage to kill it, was because they had shielding slash which i've been asking for a nerf to lessen the crazy survivability warriors have rn and be killable (but can do combos more often). I'd also like to remind you that warrior in its previous states had 25 armor, it only has 20 right now which is enough for normal bullets to do almost the exact same damage as AP (due to the ChainsawMullet buffing the normal bullets). Im not gonna list everything i've said previously in this thread but if you think that a player who is skilled and manages to play a caste so well that they are able to get so many kills is enough to deem a caste OP then you're plain wrong.

  6. #76
    Senior Member Decker100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derpymcderpderp View Post
    chainsaw and decker you are both english put your differences aside and stop arguing.

    Personlly think Warrior ahould be buffed tbh.
    I propose we remove all Xenomorph castes and strains except Larva, Drone and Queen.

    Drone gets a bunch of abilities and is buffed to the Nth degree. A 'Perfect killing machine' if you will.

    A perfect organism.
    Commander Decker Alsimia
    UNITED STATES COLONIAL MARINES
    4th Colonial Marine Brigade
    2nd Battalion "Falling Falcons"
    USS Almayer (REGISTRY NOT FOUND)

  7. #77
    Junior Member Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usnpeepoo View Post
    Also notice that you think the 40 AP rounds into the warrior didnt manage to kill it, was because they had shielding slash which i've been asking for a nerf to lessen the crazy survivability warriors have rn and be killable (but can do combos more often). I'd also like to remind you that warrior in its previous states had 25 armor, it only has 20 right now which is enough for normal bullets to do almost the exact same damage as AP (due to the ChainsawMullet buffing the normal bullets). Im not gonna list everything i've said previously in this thread but if you think that a player who is skilled and manages to play a caste so well that they are able to get so many kills is enough to deem a caste OP then you're plain wrong.
    Let me explain how balancing games works. Or at least, how most companies that don't huff glue do it. I know CM isn't a professional band of designers, but following these rules usually leads to better balanced games.
    You balance from the top down.

    Now, what exactly does this mean? It means you look at what the best players are able to do with the tools that you give them, and tweak accordingly. This is because those best players are able to break your game easier, and find flaws in your design. This is a strategey used by Valve, Riot, and god knows how many other studios because it works.
    Do you know what happens when you balance from the bottom up? You get overwatch. Nobody wants to be overwatch.

    This isn't to say you treat CM like it's an Esport. But having these ideas in mind makes it easier to balance a game. It's not "Punishing people because someone is good." If that person was good enough to do this, what stops anyone else from getting that good?
    Trey 'Bingus' Graham: Certified Deltard. Vehicle crewman/PO when blue tribe is full

  8. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Decker100 View Post
    I propose we remove all Xenomorph castes and strains except Larva, Drone and Queen.

    Drone gets a bunch of abilities and is buffed to the Nth degree. A 'Perfect killing machine' if you will.

    A perfect organism.
    unironically think it would be quite fun to be a hive of drones that are just terrifying

  9. #79
    Senior Member Usnpeepoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Let me explain how balancing games works. Or at least, how most companies that don't huff glue do it. I know CM isn't a professional band of designers, but following these rules usually leads to better balanced games.
    You balance from the top down.

    Now, what exactly does this mean? It means you look at what the best players are able to do with the tools that you give them, and tweak accordingly. This is because those best players are able to break your game easier, and find flaws in your design. This is a strategey used by Valve, Riot, and god knows how many other studios because it works.
    Do you know what happens when you balance from the bottom up? You get overwatch. Nobody wants to be overwatch.

    This isn't to say you treat CM like it's an Esport. But having these ideas in mind makes it easier to balance a game. It's not "Punishing people because someone is good." If that person was good enough to do this, what stops anyone else from getting that good?
    warrior isnt flawed

    nerfing a caste simply because you feel like its OP and you simply don't want to do any of the counters it has or want those counters to be a lot easier (against a t2 kek) is stupid.

  10. #80
    Junior Member Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usnpeepoo View Post
    warrior isnt flawed
    Lying is a sin, sir.
    The fact that warriors can often take more direct punishment than a ravager speaks volumes as to how shitty dealing with that class is. The fact that you can have up to five of the fuckers roaming around, chainstunning you into a wall is even worse. And the fact that in the previously posted videos, it ate *nearly all of an AP mag* and another ate *AN ENTIRE TUBE OF SLUGS* also speaks to how horseshit it is.

    You get hooked by a prae. Not so bad. You can at least try and crawl away from the frontline.
    A warrior comes along and slams you into a wall. You're now stunned for a good ten-ish seconds. The prae disarmspams you and devours you. You're capped. GG. Two new larvae for the hive.
    The fact is, people DO focus warriors. But the warrior doesn't fucking die.
    Trey 'Bingus' Graham: Certified Deltard. Vehicle crewman/PO when blue tribe is full

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •