User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "He did the math" an introspection on the state of the M39

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would anyone who isn't a dev like to attest to how this thing is still useful and how much they understand how necessary the nerf with 0 reworks was? : )

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    would anyone who isn't a dev like to attest to how this thing is still useful and how much they understand how necessary the nerf with 0 reworks was? : )
    I'm a whitelist maintainer on RUCM and I assure you. the m39 fucking suck.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the M39 cannot be balanced in HVX, it'll only either be dogshit/a worse M41, or a CQC satanizer that's better than all the other weapons because practically every battle is fought in CQC (xenos main weapon are their claws which can only be used in CQC)

just save the headaches and balance MRs and remove it from regular gameplay since it fills the same role of a chase weapon and a CQC weapon at the same time and cannot be effectively balanced against xenos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrodes View Post
    the M39 cannot be balanced in HVX, it'll only either be dogshit/a worse M41, or a CQC satanizer that's better than all the other weapons because practically every battle is fought in CQC (xenos main weapon are their claws which can only be used in CQC)

just save the headaches and balance MRs and remove it from regular gameplay since it fills the same role of a chase weapon and a CQC weapon at the same time and cannot be effectively balanced against xenos
    bro you're just mad because this is the only weapon (previously) that gives you the possibility of making a play on a t3 by yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently out of town and away from my computer so I cannot edit my post with corrected calculations at this time, will do so on Thursday. Seeing as Nanu clarified that all balancing is done with base weapons I will be updating as such. Until then keep the conversation civil guys. I actually wanted to post this in the previous post but it was locked down, let's keep this one clean so we can have an actual discussion yeah?

Until then it's be curious if anyone could post accuracy calculations or movement speed numbers with slow down percentages, spread calculation would be lovely as well. Also does anyone know the calculations for xeno dodge and how accuracy effects it? I do so love my pros and cons so would also appreciate if anyone list any m39 pros I may have overlooked. Thanks guys
    Last edited by Santiago Delgado; 01-11-2022 at 12:31 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @doomvrk
    get to work slave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scatter reduces DPS too, as a quarter of shots go haywire and hit adjacent marines.

The M39 in its current state is next to useless. Probably worse than useless because of how much it contributes to uncontrollable FF.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago Delgado View Post
    snip
    You can download CM code and run a private server for tests that aren't pure math. Then you will be able to factor in recoil, accuracy and stuff.
    Pulse Rifle vs M39 against beno at 4 tiles with single fire, then with bursts, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. You don't need to lose a leg to lose speed. Slight injury will slow you down enough.

2. Lots of people use auto clickers as they come with the mouse. I can do max DPS if I want to by holding mouse 4. Also it's more convenient than getting my finger destroyed.

3. When I'm engi I don't want to kill anything. If I have to fire my gun, something went wrong. 95% this means a lurker/runner jumped someone. I don't care to do as much damage as I can, as I won't be able to kill it in 1 sec if it has more than 10 IQ. All I want to do is scare it away. Slugs, M44 heavy and m39 is perfect to 1 hand close the distance and scare off the harassers as 90% of time I will have something in both hands so 1 handed is better and I don't want to spray and FF everybody with an inaccurate heavy weapon.

4. M41 could use some better attachments in you example if you are minmaxing the m39.

5. You underestimate movement speed. There is a reason armorless survs who run just a bit faster get so much kills. Your assumption of 100% hit rate is not real. I know you are just making it 100% to calculate DPS but it's so far from truth. Sadly it's impossible to calculate probability of hit with movement and distance included so meh.

Overall I agree though. If you play a lot of xeno if not for spec or SG, skyfires, most most common death is due to M41 and not just because that's what most marines use. You know exactly what marines are shooting at you. But this will kill you the most reliably.

M39 is a niche for robustos with flamers. Sames taking 2x MOU with 6 slugs that to this day bugged and fires 6 shots in 0.8 seconds than use third shotty or M39 to finish. But those are powergamers not average marines. So nice math.

Now do one for pistols! I do think service pistol could beat it to kill a runner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightbearetard View Post
    M39 is a niche for robustos with flamers
    dude you have no idea what you're talking about with that sentence. Only like one robusto uses the flamer (still bad) and now 0 robustos use the m39.