User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "He did the math" an introspection on the state of the M39

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poopy gun that should have its niche looked at. An SMG’s purpose is to be a weapon with high ergonomics for moving and engaging in close quarters, usually having a small caliber, firing rapidly, and suffering at long range. Why would you make a semi auto SMG that requires an auto clicker (banned from my understanding) to function properly. Not including the nanu stealth nerf that reduced its fire rate (made no change because no one using it was using an auto clicker.) I don’t understand what this weapon is supposed to be. It wasinsanely overpower, like the PMC SMG is now, then was nerfed into oblivion, and instead of finding some middle ground its left to rot. Please give me a genuine reason to bring the m39 for CQB over another weapon, the 40 damage over the m41 is irrelevant for the m41s utility, and the shotgun (buck or slug) is far more useful and or deadly. Please either make it viable or change its niche.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All logic for weapon realism and balance has gone out the window.

Weapons are changed on a whim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn bro, i leave for a few months and the xeno cucker(tm) sucks now

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brecked View Post
    damn bro, i leave for a few months and the xeno cucker(tm) sucks now
    srry sir it do be like that ensive:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Decker100 View Post
    All logic for weapon realism and balance has gone out the window.

Weapons are changed on a whim.
    honestly I'm fine with the changes to the pistols because now they are fairly viable with the previous 4 tile range making them unusable but IDK why they buffed the m39 into being stronger and having no drop off instead of just leaving the 4 tile stats that were there previously and weren't an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys I'm back and i've edited the post with the updated firing rate. I've also added the spread and accuracy testing numbers I did. Funny enough it made the M39 look even worse and the M41 shine that much better. I'll admit 300 rounds is not a gigantic sample size when you are spraying hundreds of rounds in a matter of minutes but it's an absolute pain to click and have to wait for feedback before firing the next round for accurate tallies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanu308 View Post
    M39 In-game:
    Semi-automatic firerate: 461 RPM (7.69 per second), not 7.5.

If you are arguing that very few can reach/click that amount that is entirely different and i will not consider it in this reply as this can vary between each person.

Secondly attachments are very rarely considered for the balance of the base gun as they are limited by design to change/buff etc. due to their limited availability.

The M39 is meant to be used up close and personal, not at further range such as the rifle, and due to this, it has around 16% more dmg within its range compared to the rifle.

I also don't get why you are tying in injured marines as an example, the m41 still slows you down, the m39 does not, you just have a lower base speed due to the nature of your injury. The entire post you made is shifting the goal posts into what if's situations of "but in this particular instance the m39 is worse and m41 is better".

The matter of the fact is that the m39 is meant to deal more damage up close than the rifle, which it does, and deal less damage on further ranges compared to the rifle, which it does. You are entirely free to disagree in thinking the gun should behave this way but you will just have to deal with it.

Regardless of that, here is a snippet of the math i did back then when i tweaked the values around.
    Attachment 1961

Attachment 1962
    1st: I have edited the calculations with the proper numbers. Thank you.

2nd: I'll concede this point as you are correct that it is not possible to assume any kind of clicks per second standard. I have also included a minimum clicks per second needed to achieve more DPS than the M41 (around 6.4)

3rd: I have also edited the weapon stats provided to base weapon levels. I appreciate this consideration.

4th: Using base weapon stats and taking into consideration spread and accuracy we can see that this statement is not true. Depending on the armor value of the target this number varies rather dramatically. Also even with no spread and accuracy the M41 does more damage to Warriors and Defenders.

5th: I have provided an example where length of time engaging a target can affect the overall amount of DPS done to a target. I will also concede that the example does not cover instances of a xeno attacking and retreating around a corner thus possibly being within effective distance of the M39 the whole time which would make it the more effective option.

6th: The matter of the fact is that this is a false statement. I am disagreeing with your logic and would encourage you to do the math for warriors and defenders as well as perhaps look into how spread and accuracy also play a part in the damage inflicted.

7th: I am curious about your math being done 7.69 X 34 = 261.46 the snippit of math you provided shows 261.23. How is it that we get different numbers? Perhaps you are adding in more variables I am unaware of?

While I will certainly deal with it, you must deal with the fact that you are indisputably wrong in certain areas. You are free to disagree with me but for those of us who do the math the truth is obvious.

Again, I welcome any and all criticism and scrutiny about my thought process. If I am incorrect with any calculations or considerations, I will edit my post accordingly. If I am being too disrespectful by pushing certain points you don't wish to discuss I will drop further discussion of them.

Thank you for your time and I'd like to take a moment to thank you personally Nanu, I know this is a thankless job and you put a ton of effort into balancing a game that is free to play and virtually impossible to balance. You are a fucking LEGEND and don't let any rando shit lord from the internet tell you otherwise, me included. Have a good day my dude, and again thank you for being a part of this project which I deeply enjoy.
    Last edited by Santiago Delgado; 01-14-2022 at 03:36 AM. Reason: me no spell good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    dude you have no idea what you're talking about with that sentence. Only like one robusto uses the flamer (still bad) and now 0 robustos use the m39.
    Thank fuck I make my money IRL from people who think they know what they are talking about but facts don't care about your opinions.

To actually help you, not just bully you, you might want to observe some rounds. When you see certain people with or without random names 1v1 killing 3-4-5-6-7 xenos solo reliably, you might reconsider your approach to guns. Or don't. I'm not your boss. Keep talking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightbearetard View Post
    Thank fuck I make my money IRL from people who think they know what they are talking about but facts don't care about your opinions.

To actually help you, not just bully you, you might want to observe some rounds. When you see certain people with or without random names 1v1 killing 3-4-5-6-7 xenos solo reliably, you might reconsider your approach to guns. Or don't. I'm not your boss. Keep talking.
    literally who

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did he mean by this