1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludox View Post
    We love the marine meta of

Somewhat okay guns (10%)
    Extremely good guns (2%)
    Noob bait don't ever take this (88%)

What guns do you consider dogshit right now besides the M39?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    What guns do you consider dogshit right now besides the M39?
    Smartscope L42A
    Smartpistol
    M4A1 AP (Debatable)
    HIDP
    HEFA
    HEDP (Without UGL or GL)
    M44
    M4A3
    MOD88
    Throwing Knives
    M4RA
    M42A
    M79
    HPR (Debatable)
    Flamer (Non-Spec)

Ofc the actual percentages in my previous post are all hyperbole and aren't accurate at all but I wish I could play marine and actually feel like I'm doing something to xenos without having to use the MK1 at all times.
    Probably just a skill issue tho.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludox View Post
    M4A1 AP (Debatable)
    M44
    M4A3
    M42A
    HPR (Debatable)
    Flamer (Non-Spec)

Ofc the actual percentages in my previous post are all hyperbole and aren't accurate at all but I wish I could play marine and actually feel like I'm doing something to xenos without having to use the MK1 at all times.
    Probably just a skill issue tho.
    I agree with most of those honestly, though I don't personally think grenades and knives should ever be viable "primary" weapons, aside from the case of specs. The ones remaining in the quote I feel perform well in circumstances they are designed for (flamer excels at its job but can feel irrelevant if there's several ravagers or brave warriors who trust their slashing abilities, and M42A serves as an extreme annoyance to any xeno targeted by it - which couples with its IFF to put down some nasty support in the right hands), or have a strong niche that justifies their use over other available options (such as M44 loaded with heavy to utterly demolish the sanity of warrior and lurker players) when the chance is presented.

Honestly, I feel the main issue with marine weapons feeling weak is just the lack of feeling like you're really doing damage. Injured sprites were a good step towards easing that feeling, but coupled with how many shields are available to the xeno faction it's a net neutral overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I feel the main issue with marine weapons feeling weak is just the lack of feeling like you're really doing damage. Injured sprites were a good step towards easing that feeling, but coupled with how many shields are available to the xeno faction it's a net neutral overall.
    Yes I agree so much with this. The only reason I feel like I'm doing something as marine is because of the injured sprites (Whom have made me overconfident, and subsequently charging into my death) but it's FUN because it feels like I'm doing something.

In the case of the sniper yes it is a huge annoyance, but it's just so easy to make it irrelevant. Walls are put up super fast and weeds put up even faster. It can't even crit a fucking runner for fuck sake.

The flamer is only good if you're alone and off-weeds, otherwise it's just basically useless. Warriors with their shield are pretty much fire-proof, ravagers and queens are fire-proof, and fire barely does any damage to anything unless you direct hit and give chase, which, spoiler alert, will almost never happen unless you're specifically hunting for runners and lurkers 50 km away from weeds.
    And let's not forget the fact that flamers deal an absolutely comically large amount of damage to marines if you god forbid FF a single time in this 2 dimensional top-down game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with most of those honestly, though I don't personally think grenades and knives should ever be viable "primary" weapons, aside from the case of specs. The ones remaining in the quote I feel perform well in circumstances they are designed for (flamer excels at its job but can feel irrelevant if there's several ravagers or brave warriors who trust their slashing abilities, and M42A serves as an extreme annoyance to any xeno targeted by it - which couples with its IFF to put down some nasty support in the right hands), or have a strong niche that justifies their use over other available options (such as M44 loaded with heavy to utterly demolish the sanity of warrior and lurker players) when the chance is presented.

IMHO if you take sniper its kind of a throw. You just do the scouts job way less good and the other 3 like just kill xenos way way better and way more consistently. Damage sprites are a huge boon though. Honestly one of the most underrated QOL / artistry added to the game. Also believe it or not the M4A3 is semi kind of viable in some weird loadouts due to the reversal of the fall off nerf. Please add the custom back to RTO options and the HP ammo to the vendors. I want to use my shitty funny burst weapon more consistently. At the moment you might as well take the mou.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    IMHO if you take sniper its kind of a throw. You just do the scouts job way less good and the other 3 like just kill xenos way way better and way more consistently. Damage sprites are a huge boon though. Honestly one of the most underrated QOL / artistry added to the game. Also believe it or not the M4A3 is semi kind of viable in some weird loadouts due to the reversal of the fall off nerf. Please add the custom back to RTO options and the HP ammo to the vendors. I want to use my shitty funny burst weapon more consistently. At the moment you might as well take the mou.
    imo if sniper ammo was more common it would be great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tails of Akira View Post
    imo if sniper ammo was more common it would be great
    Probably. Honestly one of the reasons sniper sucks is
    A. Bullets are insanely easy to dodge by just ducking into cover and getting hit by one incind sniper round isn't the worst in the world

B. He really is only good when the marines are on the defense / at FOB. Which as it stands now doing a FOB defense is basically impossible / has a super low chance of success due to boilers and just how the game works

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make it into a weapon that performs well while held with one hand for support classes.

I used to use the m39 and the 1hand brace when I first started playing medic; until I realized how dogshit it was.

I would happy use it again while dragging stretchers and bodies, or welding Cades; if it was buffed.

Seems like you have a niche in one handed weapons.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.