Their BYOND Key
    solidfury7
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    13:48
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power.
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    Playing as CMP this round we (the MP department) arrested the SOs for not attending briefing NOD (a major crime we CAN'T IGNORE) which was handled without any staff intervention so far. The XO then handling the appeals failed to follow proper appeal procedure and just told us to release them over comms saying that he accepted the appeals. In turn I arrested the XO for FTFP (should have been NOD actually which is my mistake). After I took the XO into custody Solidfury7 spawned himself in as Provost and proceeded to BE my Warden for reasons unknown and then BE'd me with the reason being 'you killed all the marines', 'Spirit of the law'. After that he apparently told an MP that we needed to have a replacement ready but the XO already informed the CE over an announcement that she is to be the aCO.
    EvidenceWhat resolution are you seeking?
    Think he shouldn't spawn himself in to BE people and then teleport himself away.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs for this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MW was Morgan Cherry and Solidfury7 was playing as his character William 'Jester' Crimson.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent the majority of the round observing both the Military Police and the XO.

I was specifically keeping an eye on the XO because he seemed extremely rusty and it seemed likely he was going to make some mistakes, however as time went by, I found myself concerned with the actions of the Military Police, specifically the CMP.

My first cause of concern was watching the CMP walk past a dying marine being dragged out of the DS, the area covered with blood, to instead merely challenge the XO regarding SoP and warn them that they may be arrested.

This was followed up when the XO who admitted that he was mistaken and he was rusty, immediately amended the situation and held a briefing in the correct place. Briefing commenced, after this, the CO was made aware that the SOs were required within ML to attend briefing, the XO claimed he briefed them privately but announced a secondary briefing to be safe, also in the hanger, for the SOs after the 1st commenced, an obvious attempt to comply with the law. Despite this, the CMP after the 2nd briefing commenced, went to the CIC and detained the whole CIC, 3 SOs for Failure to Follow Procedure and Neglect of Duty.

This removed all but the XO from the CIC.

The XO attempted to resolve the situation, spending an extended amount of time trying to get the CIC back from the brig, attending in person. During this time the Warden had stated that the XO had to handle the appeals or delegate, multiple times. This shows that the MP department, specifically the MP department was aware that the CMP and the Commander can delegate, meaning that the CMP could have allowed any one of his team and/or other relevant crew members to handle the appeal, however instead they continued to push the XO to handle the appeal until he made a procedural mistake, after investigating in person, he deemed the appeals baseless over comms, all while monitoring what had been a near commandless round which was turning in to an evacuation. The CMP and Warden, immediately state they are going to arrest the XO.

The MPs reach the CIC, inform the XO they are going to arrest him, the XO orders an evacuation and states he is being arrested, by this time the mutiny ahelps began to come in, or shortly after. The CO also seemed to quickly tag on that the CE is to take Operational Command, no response is received. The MPs, during the most critical pivotal point of any operation, decided to completely empty the CIC, rather than waiting a minute or two for the CE to arrive, or if he did not arrive, organize a replacement.

Instead, the MPs took the XO into custody and left the CIC completely empty with no command for the rest of the operation, after previously crippling the department due to an XO who was clearly rusty with SoP/ML and while completely ignoring the spirit of the law clause, which is specifically here to stop these ridiculous attempts to catch someone out in technicalities.

Multiple staff members expressed concern with your conduct this round, the only reason I was spawned in was that no other staff were available, after checking(One other staff member returned after I was en-route to brig, and pardoned the XO via ARES after I used the pardon console). I spawned myself in, handled the prisoners to try to salvage the end of the operation, and BE'ed you and the warden from quite literally killing every marine on the surface due to your selective application of marine law.

Considering I watched this from start to finish and saw all that unfolded and, as someone generally considered one of the stricter MPs in the CM timeline and even I considered your actions to be a stretch, probably says something. Spirit of the Law was drafted to protect people from situations like this.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overview:
    XO does DS brief, MPs say that's not proper, XO does proper brief without full CIC staff in attendance. MPs arrest CIC staff, XO appeals improperly, MPs arrest XO, Solidfury7 BEs MPs and pardons CIC staff as per Spirit of the law.

Who:
    Prosecution: derpymcderpderp / Alfred J. Collins / Chief MP
    Slapdog247 / Morgan Cherry / Military Warden

Defense: solidfury7 / William 'Jester' Crimson / Admin
    Teafortwo / Finnian Cottier / XO

Briefing
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Proper briefing
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Solidfury arrives
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Solidfury pardons CIC staff

Spoiler Spoiler:

BE's Morgan Cherry (MW)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

BE's Alfred J. Collins (Chief MP)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Spirit of the Law
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discussion
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Spirit of the Law 2
    Spoiler Spoiler:

DM me if there's anything you'd like me to add. lunarflu#4812

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can by now tell that I have actually made a genuine mistake and that this report doesn't really have any grounds I was simply a bit upset that he spawned himself in to BE the Warden and me. I would like to retract this report.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9. Reports may be withdrawn at the original poster’s request, however once logs have been posted the report is final, and will need to wait for a manager to resolve. A manager only may make an exception to approve the request to withdraw the report after logs are posted.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the report I'd mostly agree with Solidfury's reading on the situation.

You were correct in that the Staff Officers are required to attend briefing (which has since been updated to state "Unless performing other essential duties", which would need investigation) but given the XO had made numerous attempts to comply with the law I do think this would fit under the "Spirit of the Law" clause, especially when attempting to hold a second briefing. Either way, I think that could have been handled by staff at the time making an ARES pardon or similar at the time as the update to ML had not been made yet.

The main issue would be spawning self in as provost and BEing you. I've been a bit conflicted on "self spawns for IC resolutions" but other management are fine with it so I'll let that slide on the provision that no one else was able to at the time.
    I'm not super happy with BEing you over it as I think just the pardons would have worked, but arresting the Commander during an evacuation seems a bit on the off side without a replacement and falls under this ruling.

"Military Police may, at their discretion, ignore Minor Crimes unless they are ordered to enforce one. However, they should never break Marine Law themselves - Minor or Major crimes.
    If the life and limb of a ship's crew or other personnel are at risk in a situation, personnel may act in a manner reasonable to preserve them even if such action would otherwise violate marine law.
    Gaining entry to a room the person normally has no access to due to a person's life is in danger - for example.
    Breaking a window, door, or wall where there is a clear belief a person is either dying or mortally wounded on the other side - for example."

You are within your rights to hold off on arresting someone if doing so would literally cause danger to the marine force. If you're unsure on this, please ahelp. Otherwise, I have no major issues with what occurred.

Report Denied.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)