0 Thread(s)

Current Feature Discussion - USCM rank change

Current Feature Discussion
    Main Topic of Discussion
    USCM rank change
    Feature(s) in Question
    The recent USCM rank change
    Opinion of this feature
    I respect the effort to make the USCM ranks more in line with the Alien lore. However, it seems odd to me a mere Major is in charge of a ship. A captain of the UA Navy should be in charge of a ship.
    (Optional) Ways to improve this feature
    Keep the new ranks for the 4 squads. Revert to the old rank for the rest of crew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the lore itself USMC ships are comanded by marine captains or lieutenants not navy ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phenomsus, appreciate the feedback. If that is indeed the lore then ok. I think lore is wonkey but what can ya do. Thank ya again.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the entirety of command has to be promoted, along with the CO. LTs in charge of departments doesn't make sense in my head.
    Phillip Clap and Esther

Synthetic Technician

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s kind of silly to have positions that should be occupied by experienced officers are occupied by junior ones. You could have graduated college, gone through your platoon leader course, serve for two years without distinction, and be given the command over the entirety of the ships engineering staff and the health of a multi billion dollar vessel. No fucking way the government is going to trust a 24 year old to do that, sorry. Also the most experienced officer on board with law besides the CO (who’s just a major, primarily a desk position) is a 1st LT lol. I don’t know about the marines, but in the army a Provost Marshal (highest ranking MP on base) is usually an o5 or an o6. The entire officer corps onboard need their ranks readjusted.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting aside how dumb the new ranks are for reasons which are obvious. (The obvious being the Commanding Officer is now a 'Major', equal to a Lieutenant Commander so he's probably no older than 35 and anywhere else would be a Department Head.) Why are rank changes something that needed to happen?

People have been complaining about rounds being stale and certain jobs (Research, Liasion, Maint-Tech) having nothing (or more accurately having less) to do. So instead of this being on the top of the 'to-do' list, everyone gets a funny title change that barely makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >Fob duty is painful
    >Research gets nothing done almost every round
    >Maint techs get into bloodfueds with MPs because they have nothing else to do
    >Req a fucking snorefest to play and hellish to get money for
    >BUT WE NEED TO CHANGE EVERYONE'S TITLES
    You know what breaks my immersion worse than someone being a 'major' instead of 'rear warrant captain'? Everything listed above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I learned Mess Sergeant is now a PFC.

With no title change to "Chef" or "Steward" or something.

I have no idea how you somehow make an RP-focused update shatter peoples immersion even more.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the idea of the rank change was neat, but it doesn't really fit in to CM. Everybody has a really low rank even when their position should really be a more experienced officer. Also, medical being civilians was a lot more fun, especially for evac and stuff.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. I have an idea for updated officer ranks.

PO - 2nd Lt
    SO - 1st Lt
    MW - 1st LT
    RO - Captain
    CE - Captain
    CMP - Captain
    XO - Major
    CO - Lt. Colonel