Nancok

Marine Name
    Puck "Petero" Robertsons

Other Whitelist Applications
    Mentor whitelist, if that counts

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Isaac

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    The unit model B207 is a synthetic developed to oversee and assist in mining operations of hazardous materials and other high value minerals.
    This unit comes outfitted with a large library of data about both raw and refined materials of all kinds.
    Sadly most of this library was removed or left unusable during preprogram as a military vessel unit. It is still capable of providing general info about many minerals and metals.
    The entanglement with military purpose coding and this library leads to this information to be dispensed during times of danger, like when entering a war zone, when the integrity of fortifications are under duress or anytime it might be relevant.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I just like support roles, i honestly prefer them over combat roles (altho some combat is always nice to break up 3 consecutive rounds of just support work)
    I also like roles that are lower in the chain of command since my leadership abilities are... lacking to say the least
    So i just thought "this role seems perfect for me"
    As to why i should be whitelisted? idk, it is rare to not get any synths so there doesn't seem to be a lack of them. So i got nothing to add in that part

Synthetic Character Story
    Isaac gets activated as the shift starts and is asked to present itself at the CIC.
    There it is given a face to face briefing about ensuring the safety of the FOB on an upcoming operation.
    With time to spare before deployment and no further orders, Isaac defaults to his usual behaviour checking the integrity of the ship, spots some dents that decides to leave alone due to shortage of resources and takes care of other more serious damages when capable.
    Some hours later it is finally time for deployment, an SO asks him to board the drop ship but Isaac is already entering trough the rear of the DS, giving a simple "Understood" as a response.
    Some flight time later the DS finally reaches the AO, as the door opens, Isaac surveys the enviroment for the most optimal ground in which to set fortifications as well as checking nearby structures to ensure they are suitable to incorporate into the fortifications. He relays his assesment to other engineers:
    "The southern side has very soft terrain, properly planting barricades may be difficult, make sure to position them no more than 10 meters from the edge of the landing spot, the walls of that bunker are still resilient enough, make it part of the barricade line as well as that small outpost, just make sure to cover up that window and to weld the door." As he also starts work himself

During construction some unknown life form attacks some of the defenses before backing away when a marine aproaches, materials are tight and repairing it would require leaving a spot uncovered. Isaac searchs the still to be sealed outpost for possible materials and realizes the table is of a similar hardness to the barricade's metal, he cuts out a part he can use to patch the damaged barricade and even keeps the rest of the table as spare material.

Before he has time to finish construction he is called by the XO
    "Isaac, we have damaged plating and pipes in the briefing room, all of our Technicians are in the infirmary due to an air filter malfunction, i need you here to fix it"
    Once again answers with an "Understood" and boards the DS, returning to the ship.
    Back in the Almayer the problem becomes apparent as soon as he gets to the affected area, there are cut cables and water in the briefing room, water piling up and only held back by the air locks. Some scanning of the damages lead to the conclusion of it being the result of unproper handling of heavy machinery, not that it matters now.
    Isaac starts by cutting power to the room, but the cables seem to belong to a different circuit. After some deliberation he proceeds to check the ship's inventory for any non-conductive material that he may use as a platform for carrying shock sensitive tools, after some scanning of the storage room he spots a special alloy capable of carrying the machinery required for the repairs without risking it being shorted by the electrical discharge, he quickly develops a small cart made of the material and finally goes into the flooded room to start work.

An hour or so of work later, the room is once again viable for usage, the damages left a scar in the plating of the ship that would be expensive to fix, so the patchwork with the table materials will have to do for now.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I know all common constructions and i have good knowledge of less standard ones (machine/computer assembly, airlock configuration, etc)

How familiar are you with Command?
    I know how all the machines in CIC work but i am lacking in the leadership department.
    I have good understanding of the chain of command too.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Pretty much my main support job, plenty of hours as Doctor/CMO and Researcher. All the commonly done groundside surgeries, larva removal, limb replacement, organ healing, etc)

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I've done it plenty of RO/CT hours, i know all there is to know about it. (helps that whenever i try to look for code on items req's code pops up first)

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    - It is red alert, the xenos crashed and i am alone with a wounded marine, i am dragging it but a drone keeps trying to slash them. I prepare a melee weapon in my other hand and wait for the drone to arrive upon which i bodyblock them from the marine and whack them first, the drone stands up to the fight and keeps slashing but eventually gives up. I fireman-carry the marine and rush to a safer place.
    - I am currently stationed at FOB as it is being built, the engineers are slowly cading up from the north and as such the south is left to me. I see a runner aproach so i purposefully get in their way to block them from reaching the marines (assuming i have the reflexes for that) and hit them.
    Once the marines realize the threat and respond i go back to placing barricades with the time they bought chasing the runner off.
    - While scorting some unarmed USCM personel trough the ship, trough the darkness i see a CLF member trying to sneak around. I yell RUN to the USCM personel but they don't listen in time before the CLF member starts shooting, i rush up to the relatively close CLF member as to stop him from chasing the personel and manage to incapacitate him after enough blows with a fire axe, i immedieately turn around and go after the personel who hasn't actually gone far as i see the CLF member get up behind me, i yell RUN again as i try to scort them to a safe hiding spot.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I think i covered everything as well as i could.
    This is my second attempt, afaik my previous submission was denied the same day i made it since i asked for a withdrawal, which was the day 8. Today is 9 so it should be fine?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mentor is not a whitelist nor is it a staff.
    just so you know!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still some questions about your combat answers. You don’t need to be so up tight about doing combat, it happens. Don’t box yourself into I can only combat if alone, use your judgement. Sometimes the marines with you are NPCs and you need to protect them by forcing the threat to leave. Other times it’s better to just walk away no matter if you could combat. Also rushing an armed and dangerous CLF agent for some random unarmed USCM personnel isn’t necessarily the best thing to do. You’re an expensive, highly intelligent robot and the most valuable crew member onboard the ship (in both skill and actual value) killing yourself to save someone you could just walk back to a minute later and revive in 30 seconds isn’t what I’d do. I think that mainly comes from not having synth experience, which isn’t a big deal. We all start super worried and grow into the role, but I thought this would be good for thought. Also mentor is basically a WL idk what anyone else says, it shows you want to help the community and be apart of it.

P.s. I wish you went with a DRG inspired synth with your mining background, would have been entertaining.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My answers where assuming there where other more qualified people ready for combat.
    If there is a marine besides me ready to shoot i am not going to engage and get in the way when i could do something more useful (like treating wounds or maintaining the FOB)
    I do not plan on suicide pushes just to save someone (altho i have done my fair share as marine just instinctually) but i want to refrain from combat as much as possible, since again, a synth is not made for combat
    ofc that if i am the most combat capable in the room i will try to hold the line for the rest (assuming the rest cannot flee for any reason).
    But i can tell when someone is too dangerous to save and not just go hero mode to save them
    They are so uptight because the first time i made them i got told they where just reciting the rules and wasn't enough

Never tried DRG so sadly i couldn't even try lol
    Last edited by Nancok; 01-13-2022 at 04:01 AM.
    From mateland with LOVE

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "As to why i should be whitelisted? idk, it is rare to not get any synths so there doesn't seem to be a lack of them. So i got nothing to add in that part"

We should whitelist you because we don't have many synths? I'm not sure what you mean here. This application is to sell yourself, and you're telling us that you don't have any reason as to why we would want you on the WL?

There also isn't much dialogue in your story. Can you write me a dialogue between Isaac and a marine who just found a priceless gem?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said i don't have a reason as to why i should get whitelisted, since there are enough synths already, sorry if i didn't explain myself properly
    I mean, i sure would love to, but i don't see that as a sufficient "reason" to demand a whitelist spot

Honestly idk what i was supposed to put there
    From mateland with LOVE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancok View Post
    I said i don't have a reason as to why i should get whitelisted, since there are enough synths already, sorry if i didn't explain myself properly
    I mean, i sure would love to, but i don't see that as a sufficient "reason" to demand a whitelist spot

Honestly idk what i was supposed to put there
    What would make you a good synth player? What would you add to the WL? It doesn’t need to be something snowflakey, it can be mundane or exceptionally.

You said you like support roles a lot and that you like not having to deal with issuing orders, that’s a good start. Is there anything else?
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idk how me liking support roles relates to the question? But if you say it works i'll take it
    Afaik i don't think you get to choose much of what you do, so i don't know what i could provide other than what's required of the role and the orders that are given
    I guess that i can provide a reliable synth that follows orders? altho that is the basic requirement of the role so i don't see how it would count, perhaps RPing the quirk has some extra value if you want to count that
    Last edited by Nancok; 01-14-2022 at 04:59 PM.
    From mateland with LOVE

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said it yourself, you have zero reason for why you should be in the WL.

I don't think you have the necessary passion and interest for the Synth WL if that's going to be the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I simply don't understand, do i have to do something specific to show passion?
    Do i need to promise something in special?
    I still don't understand the question

You want to know WHY i want to have the synth role or what reason YOU have to give me the role? Those are 2 separate things
    I already said that i want it because i like doing support roles over combat and synth is exactly about that, performing all kinds of support tasks, in my first application i put that i like robots and the way they interact, but i felt like it wasn't relevant to the question
    First time i did the combat section i was told i was just "repeating the rules" and now i am being too uptight about it, seems like there's only a very specific kind of question that gets accepted here and i should just copy it from an accepted application, at least that is what i'm getting from the standards

So, what kind of response is expected of me? To be super excited for the role and convey it trough text? To promise i will RP as good as possible? I don't understand
    It is obvious i applied because i really like the role, not because "i could" otherwise i would have applied for pred or CO. And RP is a requirement of the server so that goes without saying.

Edit: after some asking in WL help, i get what you meant, i tought that i made it clear when i said i like support roles but i understand why it wasn't. I like support roles because i like helping, no matter what is the task, that is my motivation
    Last edited by Nancok; 01-14-2022 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Clarification
    From mateland with LOVE