User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LightBeast - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LightBeast - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    LightBeast
    Character Name?
    Curt Hall
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Grimreaperx15
    Total Ban Duration
    Eternity
    Remaining Duration
    Forever
    What other servers do you play on?
    Yogstation.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No.
    Reason for Ban
    I ran a larva into combat and it died.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    First, the rules don't even actually say anything about suicide. The word 'suicide' appears in the rule no. 11 heading, but the rule itself elaborates very little on that point, especially concerning xenos and larva. Perhaps you should explain specifics about that rule if you're going to instantly permaban players without warning to avoid this absurdity happening to new players if they screw around and get a larva killed whether its vital to the round or not. I've seen lots of screwing around with larva.
    Second, an immediate permaban for the first offense without a warning is ludicrous after I've been playing on this server for over a year and never once had a problem or ban while playing xenos.
    I would never intentionally try and grief the xeno team. That round was hopelessly over and there was zero chance of the xenos coming back to win, nor would a single xeno have made a difference. It had been going on for THREE HOURS and I was pissed after having a great marine round then dying to dumb shit like stepping in a hugger trap and being neuro-spammed inside of an alien door that apparently marines can't open or even punch anymore to escape.
    I expected the mods would understand this, see the non-issue for what it was and maybe give me a warning, but instead I get this over-moderation and apparently the entire senior staff agreed with this decision immediately. Wow, really guys? Because your own rules don't even justify that response. Even if you institute bans for this invisible rule, they should be escalating job bans. Start with maybe 24 hours or a few days, a week, then a month or something. An immediate permanent ban from playing half the game is ridiculous unless the player somehow griefed the entire round/team hard though I'm not even sure what that would be short of suiciding the queen on purpose. There's few things the admins can't help the round recover from.

Mod behavior seemed to directly contradict this protocol:
    "5. Determine the punishment.
    a. Determine the bare minimum punishment. There's no reason to jump straight to a ban, especially if the incident didn't cause a major disruption to the game. Try to use warnings, and if you do need to ban don't be excessive. Most bans should not be above 12 hours.
    b. If a player�s general ban time exceeds 24 hours (they�re constantly being banned for more than 24 hours) then a permanent ban request may be filed if needed. If a player�s general ban time exceeds more than three days, then it is recommended that a permanent ban request is filed."

There's no reason to jump straight to a ban, except when the entire staff jumps straight to a ban, then that's okay. Go read the rules for yourself. There is no specific mention of behaving as a larva, nor when it's okay to suicide or not. It's very vague, which is an obvious issue if the punishments are going to be this severe. I've seen a marine standing at the FOB blow his own head off with a revolver because he was bored after an hour of nothing happening. Did he get an immediate permanent job-ban for doing so?

Tl;dr - The rule needs to be clarified and mods should use their own discretion and consider the circumstances, not rush to an immediate permanent job-ban.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This appeal looks like a staff report. If you think the involved staffmember didn't handle the situation properly, this isn't the right section
    In an appeal, we expect you to give us a good reason to unban you.
    What I'm understanding so far is you're a long time player that knew about the rule, but decided to do it anyway.
    Not convinced yet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're a long time player, you should know that larva are a precious commodity. If the round was not over in the sense that the server said it was over, then the round was still valid. If you didn't want to play xeno, all you had to do was ghost, because xenos that ghost can be joined by another player instantly in lieu of a xeno that does a DC.

Even if the odds were stacked, I've seen xenos turn around a round with 3-4 xenos left and a drone who becomes a queen. As the old saying goes, it's not over till the fat lady sings.

You willingly threw yourself to your demise because you didn't want to play a xeno when you had the choice to ghost so someone else could play it. In my opinion the moderator did nothing wrong that even warrants a staff report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah no. If you don't want to play as a xeno retreat to the hive and ghost. The fact that you got yourself killed and expected a warning is both stupid and childish. Solid no from me. Wisen up before this leads to more bans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just intentionally ignored everything I wrote and instead inserted your own words. Don't really know what to say about that other than this is obviously not a fair process. I laid out several valid points very clearly, and you just totally ignored them.

I actually expected you to look at Rule 11 and see how poorly written it is, then to look at my specific circumstances of being a good xeno player for the entire time and seeing that round in particular the offense occurred, but you simply sidestepped everything to say what you apparently felt at the time, which is bizarre.
    Last edited by LightBeast; 02-20-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry of Wolves View Post
    Yeah no. If you don't want to play as a xeno retreat to the hive and ghost. The fact that you got yourself killed and expected a warning is both stupid and childish. Solid no from me. Wisen up before this leads to more bans.

Expecting a warning is stupid and childish when it's the very protocol that all staff are to abide by? Why are warnings given out for everything possible except this, which is a rule that is NOT clearly defined or elaborated on at all in the actual rules themselves? Can you even answer that like an adult or do you have to result to insults, which is a very childish thing to do?

How do you support a permanent job ban after a year of playing xeno without a single incident for one stupid thing that made no difference? That is the definition of insane bs and you know it. Try and have some integrity and let that sink in. Should be progressive bans like every other rule, but for some reason it's not.

I'm not playing this game if I can't play xeno, so if you want to lose another great player, keep up with this bullshit and your poorly-written rules and your absolutely inappropriate and inconsistent punishments.

Unbelievable from you, Witty. I've played many rounds with you and had a great time. Just beyond disappointing to see this.
    Last edited by LightBeast; 02-20-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calling our rules "Bullshit" and being argumentative is not helping your cause.

If you came in here and said "Hey listen I had a bad round, I screwed up royally, and I'm sorry." I would give you the benefit of the doubt.

Moderators have discretion to jobban or warn. Majority of us will warn a larva for dying if it was because they got lost and unintentionally ran into a marine.
    Combat larva, or intentionally killing yourself as a larva will land you a job ban.

You claim Rule 11 is poorly written, but I just want to bring your attention to this caveat

Rule 0.1 Rules are enforced as intended. Every example of a rule break cannot be defined as written, therefore, enforcement of the rules is subject to staff interpretation of the rule's intention.
    It's common knowledge that people will ahelp when a larva dies from Combat Larva or what appears to be a larva suicide.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LightBeast View Post
    Expecting a warning is stupid and childish when it's the very protocol that all staff are to abide by? Why are warnings given out for everything possible except this, which is a rule that is NOT clearly defined or elaborated on at all in the actual rules themselves? Can you even answer that like an adult or do you have to result to insults, which is a very childish thing to do?

How do you support a permanent job ban after a year of playing xeno without a single incident for one stupid thing that made no difference? That is the definition of insane bs and you know it. Try and have some integrity and let that sink in. Should be progressive bans like every other rule, but for some reason it's not.

I'm not playing this game if I can't play xeno, so if you want to lose another great player, keep up with this bullshit and your poorly-written rules and your absolutely inappropriate and inconsistent punishments.

Unbelievable from you, Witty. I've played many rounds with you and had a great time. Just beyond disappointing to see this.
    Your attitude is terrible, and I would not be sad to see that kind of attitude go away.
    -1, shape up your attitude.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible attitude and your appeal doesn't even address the issue it only points fingers
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.