Their BYOND Key
    Fortelian
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    13:20
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power.
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server-
    Description of the incident
    I was playing CMP this round and had just asked the XO to perform an appeal as the only MPs at the time of the requested appeal were unable to handle it because we were directly involed. However, the XO refused to show up and when prompted to delegate someone also didn't delegate anyone. Shortly after this an MW had woken up so I delegated him to do the appeal, after the appeal stuff was handled I sent a fax to HIGHCOMM letting them know that I was gonna arrest the XO for NOD for failing to perform or delegate for an appeal. Moving onto the arrest I waited for the CO to go to CIC before doing so which he simply did not do so I asked the CE and told him he'd be the aCO. After doing so I gave my MP the go ahead to proceed with the arrest of the XO. Now comes the part which I have a serious issue with, Fortelian (Salvador Kepplinger) made an announcement about having me arrested for NOD because I did not delegate anyone for the appeal, which is not MY responsibility but the XO's after I told her to do it because we did NOT have any MPs at the time available to do so and even then as said the appeal got processed regardless. So I do not see how this arrest order was valid which means Provost was committing Prevarication. Which also leads me to believe Fortelian was abusing his powers for the sake of curbing someone's valid arrest. He also called me a 'UPP spy' the round before while I was playing CMP, which is a bit weird for a message from HIGHCOMM which leads me to believe he is simply targeting me as I have not seen him do these things to anyone else.
    EvidenceWhat resolution are you seeking?
    I want his actions investigated and punished accordingly. It makes me uncomfortable to feel that I am being targeted like this.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derpymcderpderp View Post
    Staff Report
    Your BYOND Key
    derpymcderpderp
    Date of Incident
    January 13, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Alfred J. Collins
    Their BYOND Key
    Fortelian
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    13:20
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power.
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server-
    Description of the incident
    I was playing CMP this round and had just asked the XO to perform an appeal as the only MPs at the time of the requested appeal were unable to handle it because we were directly involed. However, the XO refused to show up and when prompted to delegate someone also didn't delegate anyone. Shortly after this an MW had woken up so I delegated him to do the appeal, after the appeal stuff was handled I sent a fax to HIGHCOMM letting them know that I was gonna arrest the XO for NOD for failing to perform or delegate for an appeal. Moving onto the arrest I waited for the CO to go to CIC before doing so which he simply did not do so I asked the CE and told him he'd be the aCO. After doing so I gave my MP the go ahead to proceed with the arrest of the XO. Now comes the part which I have a serious issue with, Fortelian (Salvador Kepplinger) made an announcement about having me arrested for NOD because I did not delegate anyone for the appeal, which is not MY responsibility but the XO's after I told her to do it because we did NOT have any MPs at the time available to do so and even then as said the appeal got processed regardless. So I do not see how this arrest order was valid which means Provost was committing Prevarication. Which also leads me to believe Fortelian was abusing his powers for the sake of curbing someone's valid arrest. He also called me a 'UPP spy' the round before while I was playing CMP, which is a bit weird for a message from HIGHCOMM which leads me to believe he is simply targeting me as I have not seen him do these things to anyone else.
    EvidenceWhat resolution are you seeking?
    I want his actions investigated and punished accordingly. It makes me uncomfortable to feel that I am being targeted like this.
    You're not being targeted, if I see someone abuse the law, I stop it. You have a history of trying to get CIC staff arrested, this isn't just an isolated incident.
    According to marine law, the Commander or CMP must handle the appeal. Seeing as you couldn't, you wanted the commander to handle the appeal, which makes perfect sense. The commander refused to, and thus broke marine law. I wholly understand why you arrested the commander, but you had multiple options of people to pick from and you waited until a warden woke up to assign them to handle it. There was a CE, and medical staff who could have handled the appeal right then, as medical staff are now commissioned officers, and gotten it over with.

The problem is, you didn't care about the appeal, you clearly went out of your way to abuse your power and arrest the aCO. There is a reason MPs have a bad rep, and it's because there are people like you who do this, not just once or twice, but consistently. You talked about "improving" but you only seem to be getting worse. You're not making the server a better place by doing things like this, you're taking time out of your day to bring down a good server, and that alone is wrong. You could have had the appeal handled in one third the time it took, if you cared about the actual cause of the law, but you wanted to use it to arrest the commander.

I ordered your arrest just as hijack started, you were never even processed. The point was, as with all laws, it was a message to you, that you messed up. You did the wrong thing. You are not being a person of good character, you are detracting from this server for your own entertainment. You say that I targeted you, but that's entirely false. If someone breaks the rules, they get in trouble. You were power tripping, and you have been power tripping consistently. If I get warned, so be it, you can argue whether the arrest was fully legal or not, it's a spirit of the law thing. In my eyes, the law should be used to uphold justice, and work for the common good, and so you going out of your way to get a guy arrested, and then worrying about the very thing that caused his arrest after the case clearly isn't for the "common good".

It is painfully clear to me and many others that your behavior is not improving. There's a difference between being tough on the law, like Rals, and rules lawyering to remove people from the round. Solidfury and rals are good examples of tough MPs, but they don't abuse edge cases to arrest people like you do. By playing as CMP, and acting in this capacity, you are removing from the round overall, and being a poor example of a CMP. You reported me for failing to preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server, abusing my power. Oddly enough, I would say these are the exact things that I was trying to prevent you from doing.

Preserving enjoyment? What did I do to hinder your "enjoyment"? You didn't even get processed. You survived all of hijack and killed things. I could have told MPs to arrest you and evacuate you in a pod if I really wanted to hinder your enjoyment. Meanwhile, you arrested a guy on a case you could have easily handled yourself. You actually have a repeated history of doing this. As for abuse of power, I can entirely order an arrest for someone who is committing a crime. You performed your duties to a neglectful level, and so I ordered your arrest. If you want to talk about abuse of power, you can look at your history, for using marine law to empty out CIC as fast as you can.

You're not learning from your mistakes, you're not improving, you're not acting like a responsible person. You could have resolved this entire case, at any step of the point. You never even reached out to me about any concerns you had with my actions, and you never informed me you filed a report, which I find to simply be disrespectful and irresponsible.

I want you to enjoy the game, and I want you to be happy while you're playing it, and on the server, but I can't make your decisions for you. You keep making poor choices which lead you down darker roads, and lash out when people try to correct you. You're quick to strike, and don't have consideration for others' enjoyment or play. You're making yourself out to be an extremely petty person, and a clear example of an "MP main" that the community always seems to not like. If you want people to like you, or interact with you in more positive manners, then you have to be willing to interact with them in a positive manner. You have a history of being a disdainful person, and you clearly haven't given that up. You made a mod application, and in complete honesty I was thinking about supporting it, because I did notice you were ahelping more LRP things and the like, but now from this behavior you've clearly shown it wasn't to improve the server, but to remove people from it.

I'll be honest friend, you're very cynical, and hard to interact with. I don't know if my words will inspire you to make the server a better place, or if you'll just keep down your dark path, but whatever you do, it's ultimately your choice. But I will tell you this. The more you darken your mind and heart, and delve into your cynical ways, the harder it may be to reach out, and redeem yourself. I totally believe you can change, but I want you to really change. I want you to be a person I can see and say "Hey, it's Alfred Collins, that guy is awesome." It's not that hard to do, if you just try to be a fun guy and interact with people. Go out of your way to be a nice person, not selfish. Work to make the server and it's community have more enjoyment, not less. Be a friend that people see, not an enemy to avoid.

I'll finish with this. At the end of the day, I don't really care what the punishment is, because I acted in the best interests of the server at whole. You have placed a dark stain on yourself with your behavior, and I can't simply stand idly by while someone repeatedly brings down others' enjoyment. Mr. Collins, YOU need to bring it back to the basics of common humanity. Realize who you ARE, and who you WANT to be. You can keep this behavior up, and that will keep you down, or you can turn around now, and rebuild respect and trust with the community. It's time to decide whether all this is really worth it. Change, for the good of everyone, yourself included, and you will find happiness and entertainment in all the things you do.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to add to this as well, as I believe at least part of this staff report is misplaced at Fortelian's feet.

I was the responding Provost Inspector in game, and ultimately I made the call to arrest you separately from Fort. In ahelps I had asked Fort if I should go in there and arrest you on the spot but rightly they told me to take it slow and that I was just there to investigate what happened first, to not act on information the Provost Inspector I was playing wouldn't have.

Entering the station due to the information I had gained as staff it was my OOC opinion that both you and the XO had committed NoD that round.

My reasons for this are as follows:

The XO had committed NoD or Aiding and Abetting NoD through forcing you to accept an invalid appeal, and through failing to follow appeal procedure your original point stands.
    You had committed NoD in failing to enforce the ML, in that so far as I'm aware, the XO still wanted you to make the Delta SL serve the remained of their time for NoD and FFP (just that they had incorrectly appealed the jailbreak) something you chose not to do, beliving but not checking that the brig timer had been ended.

Here is where some honest clarification is needed from me and something that admittedly in retrospect I believe was a mistake on MY part not Fortelian.

I was the one as SEA who paused the timer on the Delta SLs cell about 30 seconds after they escaped, because that is procedure, so I also KNEW as the Provost Inspector that the Cell 1 timer had been paused not ended. I did not do this on purpose, I simply followed procedure as SEA something the MPs had failed to do. However where I believe I made the mistake is that I should had made Fortelian aware of this before I deployed as an inspector. Though looking at the round as a whole, you were not even offically arrested before the round ended, and the point that you failed to follow procedure in that instant (letting the Delta SL off of the charges because of a believed faulty timer) still stands.

There is however an issue with this staff report.
    I was playing CMP this round and had just asked the XO to perform an appeal as the only MPs at the time of the requested appeal were unable to handle it because we were directly involed.
    By this point in the round I had already PM'd you and another one of the MPs to inform you that you could not force the Delta SL to write an appeal, and that if they wanted to give a verbal appeal someone, not just the XO, should take it.

Saying you were all involved I believe is either a miss-representation of events or a misunderstanding of ML. The Delta SL was arrested for NoD and FFP for failing to attend the Briefing. None of you were involved in this crime but (so far as I can tell) most of you were involved in the arrest. Procedure does not restrict the arresting officer from making the appeal. As is seen here in ML:

In general, witnesses/victims, anyone ordering the arrest, choosing the charges, or picking the time of a prisoner of a crime should not be doing the appeal.

The arresting officer is not prohibited from taking appeals the processing officer is.

So basically through this SR you are saying (either by mistake or on purpose) that the ENTIRE MP force that round both ordered the arrest of the Delta SL, then carried out the arrest, then processed them all together in one big bundle.

The fact of the matter is that when I initially ahelped you (mistaking you for the officer specifically refusing the appeal) the Delta SL had not received any sort of appeal from anyone, and you, as well as two MPs were standing outside their perma cells watching them ask for an appeal.

I tried to sort out this procedural mistake earlier in the round through admin PMs, however it was continued by the mistaken appeal given by the XO and then the procedural mistakes made by you, at which point Fortelian pointed out they could go as a provost, however I interjected them and requested that I go as the Provost.

I personally believe there is no major fault here or no fault that resulted in you being targeted or your gameplay being significantly affected. However, if there was a fault here I believe it would sit at my feet, not Fortelian's.

PS: I assumed that you were happy about the whole event because we were joking about it in #Last-round-chat on the discord, in which you admitted to fault and seemed to have fun:
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshanks View Post
    cut ]
    Might I point out the report barely mentions the round you are talking about and is only mentioned off hand where he called me a UPP spy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the delta SL who got arrested so if anybody has any questions ask me ig

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs for this

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    cut
    Like I already mentioned once I saw an active MW walk past me I immediately assigned him to the appeal. Additionally, I already went out of my way by personally going to CIC and telling the XO IN PERSON with the SOs nearby instead of just asking over comms. Saying I didn't care about the appeal when I clearly delegated the Warden once he woke up because after all I am responsible for handing it to a different MP and conducted the arrest well after the appeal was handled. I don't know what makes you think that I must go out of my way as CMP to track down an officer that isn't preoccupied when the SOs were perfectly capable of being delegated but the XO simply refused to delegate ANYONE. This was all by the way done in the normal timeframe appeals would require so I do not see how the NOD charge is valid.

The argument of 'it was hijack so nothing happened' doesn't work well and I can also go 'Well the XO was also released early because of hijack' which is to say this is a literal non-argument. Your whole post puts an emphasis as painting me as some evil 2D villain and further reinforces my point that you are simply targeting me ergo dislike me for some reason I can't tell as we have barely or never even interacted with each other.

The mod application and what you said about it is completely irrelevant to this post and makes me believe you only put it there as some kind of attempt at putting me in a bad light, furthermore most of your reply is just you going out of your way to call me evil and hard to interact with despite the fact that I as a player have barely or never interacted with you at all both OOC or IC except for faxes. Your reply is nothing more than a personal attack against me.

It's even clearer to me now that you do not care about this report because you believe you have some sort of moral high ground, I do not need to DM you and tell you I made a report and I'm pretty sure that would be harassment more than anything, I do not need to reach out to you if I felt that you are harassing/targeting me in game with staff powers.

Choosing to arrest an XO when they have clearly committed a crime after making sure that either an aCO steps up or the CO steps up is in my opinion not power tripping as I did it very slowly and methodically as to avoid any complications for the marines groundside. In fact, if I was power tripping I would have not faxed first to begin with as you do not NEED to fax before you arrest the XO, only after.

I have seen people do far worse stuff as CMP and get away with it without staff intervening at all or doing anything to support the victims of abuse, but a valid arrest is where you draw the line?

The majority of your response is calling me evil, powertripping, and some kind of machiavellian and in doing so I find your response to be really unprofessional, so I'm not quite sure how I can properly respond to this. However, this is my best attempt at doing so.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much of the discussion happened in mchat, these logs have been dmed to the Admin Manager.

Who:
    DerpyMcDerpDerp / Alfred J. Collins / Chief MP COMPLETE
    MsLoveShacker / Nina 'Salt' Hange / Executive Officer COMPLETE
    fortelian COMPLETE

Requests XO for an appeal
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MW
    Spoiler Spoiler:

XO rejects appeal
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Fax
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CO
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CE
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MW
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by lunarflu; 02-05-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm a bit confused.

As the CMP you are also capable and responsible for handling AND delegating appeals. If you're busy or involved, you can also delegate someone. Which you successfully managed to do, handing off the appeal to the MW.
    Then you arrest the XO for NOD for not delegating.

I'm confused as to what the thought process was here, but overall looking at the chat logs you need to communicate more. If the XO is obviously doing something stupid that will get him arrested EG: if for some reason ALL MP Staff are incapable of handling the appeals and the XO *MUST* delegate or handle the appeals, you should tell him as such that if he does not do either it would be NOD so that the XO is suitably warned that this is a requirement of his duties. However, as stated before, you are capable of doing this too as the CMP.

Overall this is something I'd probably leave ICly as a communication issue or such but I have seen some additional info regarding modlogs and faxes and I'm going to speak to Fort about attitude as I'm not 100% happy with how some of this was handled.
    Also he authed an arrest for not handling an appeal, yet you delegated the appeal from my understanding

Report Resolved, will speak to Fort.
    Last edited by Somenerd; 02-06-2022 at 10:16 PM.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)