User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinobubba7 - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dinobubba7 - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    dinobubba7
    Character Name?
    dinobubba7
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Sargash
    Total Ban Duration
    Permenent
    Remaining Duration
    Permenent
    What other servers do you play on?
    Aurora, Colonial Marines
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Baystation, Polaris
    Reason for Ban
    You've been banned from the CM discord for posting NSFW content. Even though it was memey, haha funny stickfigures. It wasn't okay. You may attempt to appeal on the forums.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Well, I posted a stick figure image of a meme involving a man having intercourse with a dog, which counted as NSFW, which was posted in the area presumably where it would be allowed, direct quote from Sargash involving the ban "It's not a serious offense.
    But, it's bad enough to warrant it.
    I don't think you'd have an issue appealing." So, I'm appealing it

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discord ban, however game notes for purposes of determining behavior

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Robbrown4PM did some digging, and it seems your ban at baystation was serious enough for OOC harassment/ERP that they shitcanned you for life. Also I pulled your game time, and it looks like you recently came back, and just started playing again on the server, so it's hard to gauge how much you've changed. I've tried going back into discord archives, but I can't find what you were exactly banned for, but I'm sure sargash will come by soon and have it.

How would you say you've changed since your discord ban and your baystation ban?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're banned from a lot of communities in SS13 or atleast have been a problem in them, it doesn't seem you actually listed them all in your appeal.

But just based on what I've known from you in the past I can't support the unban, you had many chances, so I can only -1 this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    So Robbrown4PM did some digging, and it seems your ban at baystation was serious enough for OOC harassment/ERP that they shitcanned you for life. Also I pulled your game time, and it looks like you recently came back, and just started playing again on the server, so it's hard to gauge how much you've changed. I've tried going back into discord archives, but I can't find what you were exactly banned for, but I'm sure sargash will come by soon and have it.

How would you say you've changed since your discord ban and your baystation ban?
    First, I would like to say that I'm not banned from playing on the actual server, only the discord due to issues of posting memes with NSFW, where I thought you put NSFW. I recently did come back to playing here, I started back in December of 2018 I believe, I used to be a lot more active back in 2015 since that's when I first came here, and left in 2016/17 at least I think.

For improvements over my time from being banned over from Baystation� well for starters I'm in a significantly different position from where I used to be, also older and more mature. I will not lie to say I've had quite the 'colorful' past with various SS13 servers, and had OOC issues with a fair bit of people due to past actions I've had. Would I be the first to admit that my actions back in the day were quite stupid, and deserved the punishment they did, yeah I deserved what I had coming to me, I was a horny teenager trying to see what the hell I could do, got stun in the ass doing so, and in the process took away nearly everything that happened and reformed everything bad that happened, to make damn sure it would never happen again. However, I do understand that if you wish to hold me under a microscope due to the rep sheet I've gained from other servers, I do understand why and wish to be as transparent as I can be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExGame View Post
    You're banned from a lot of communities in SS13 or atleast have been a problem in them, it doesn't seem you actually listed them all in your appeal.

But just based on what I've known from you in the past I can't support the unban, you had many chances, so I can only -1 this.
    From what I remember, it was Baystation, Polaris, Lifeweb, and that is all I can recall, to be fair I didn't think it was necessary to list all of them, but rather list the one everyone truly knows me from, and gets their information from regarding what I did.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so I found the notes on your discord ban, and the picture in question

Code:
    12/28/18 - Banned Dinobubba7#6577 for NSFW content. Stick figures fucking dogs
    My question is how did you think that picture was ok being a long time player. I mean just talking about stuff like that on the server would net you a permanent ban for ERP/18+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Alright so I found the notes on your discord ban, and the picture in question

Code:
    12/28/18 - Banned Dinobubba7#6577 for NSFW content. Stick figures fucking dogs
    My question is how did you think that picture was ok being a long time player. I mean just talking about stuff like that on the server would net you a permanent ban for ERP/18+
    I honestly didn't expect it or didn't know that even the location of which I posted it was still not allowed, considering I've seen questionable content in the post posted in said area, my thought process was just "Alright this can't be that bad." and it turns out it was, even after Sargash stated "It's not a serious offence." I did believe him, but now I can see that it actually is one and firmly apologize for doing so.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright well I'm not discord staff, and I don't take too much stock into what other bans are from other communities since this relates to discord.

I would be ok with you coming back since you know what you did was wrong now an admit, but the major decision will be on the discord staff
    +1

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm far more hesitant to support this. I certainly appreciate that you're willing to admit you made a mistake, but at the same time, I feel that it should have been obvious that this is 18+. The ban was nearly two months ago though, so I'm going to give this an extremely hesitant +1, for whatever it is worth as non-discord staff.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???