0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyroneDadWhisperer View Post
    Redditor role lmao
    upvote unga’s getting dragged away by woyers, downvote MPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be for this but I think it would need some stipulations so that RP would be encouraged. Make it so they cannot take ANY WEAPONS into combat and MUST wear the priest garb. Rather than just having another no armor surv type guy running around buckshotting xenos groundside it would be interesting if both sides knew that the person in questions had no combat ability. Xenos might allow said person to roleplay with them, similar to how xenos expect pizza guy to be harmless which can foster RP with them.

Another thought all together different could be that the Priest cannot be hugged and is banned from doing harm so maybe it could be amongst xenos similar to how a synth can chill with the hive at times. Since he cannot use a weapon like a knife he would be unable to free caps and because of his closeness to god maybe xenos would recognize that and let him say get last words for capped marines or retrieve dog tags from capped marines for use in the memorial at round end. I know this is 100% unfeasible and even worse would take some coding to accomplish which will never get done so I highly doubt any kind of role similar to this would be implemented.

Interesting premise though maybe? *shrug*

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a morgue thing you can use, called a memorial slab. When you put tags there, they're listed off at the end of the round. Check the chat box at the end of the round and look for Flander's Field.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "rp benefits"
    dude im literally an ultrachristian evilmaxxer and I can already see the amount of
    "UHM DEEUS VULT LOL!!!! XENO PHEIRITICS DUDE!!!!" "UHM!!!! I HATE TNHE ANTICHRIST LOL!!! THEMEME!!!" "GOD WILLS IT LOL!"
    i could probably get less annoying rp doing chess via "me verbs and using coordinates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Code. View Post
    "rp benefits"
    dude im literally an ultrachristian evilmaxxer and I can already see the amount of
    "UHM DEEUS VULT LOL!!!! XENO PHEIRITICS DUDE!!!!" "UHM!!!! I HATE TNHE ANTICHRIST LOL!!! THEMEME!!!" "GOD WILLS IT LOL!"
    i could probably get less annoying rp doing chess via "me verbs and using coordinates
    Queen takes Bishop. Check.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaplain would be fun, but I don't trust 99% of the players (and staff for that matter) to actually RP it in a fun (but not meme-fun) way.

Simply I don't. It will fucking always be cult of unga god, or some other meme, because people are retarded and their rocks go off only when something funny happens. I see funny = I haha laugh.

The concept of RPing a Brotherhood Disciple appears super cool in my head, but even then I would proabably get bored after dozen, or so rounds, because marines would ignore not funny haha bruh big chungus femboy amogus penis guacamole chaplains.

And no, not even whitelist would help.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    literal non combatant and no they will not actually act like chaplains they will go AAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOGGG DEUS VULT THANKS FOR THE UPVOTE FELLOW REDDITOR !!! DD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please no, stop, it's like RTOs all over again except with even less justification.

When RTOs were added, the excuse was: "There's no 2IC role." or "wE neEd DeDicATEd sPotTers!" and lastly, "muh techwebs."
    The only legitimate RTO exclusive thing they have now is only the almost useless telephone only good for when someone stole tcomm parts or the like.
    You WISH they'll actually carry engi tools or the like, but people basically play them as PFC+ anyway just like SLs are.

There's also DCCs which was basically the result of some sperg who INSISTS that 3rd+ PO slots to be removed to be replaced with it.
    Well guess what, DCC is literally the textbook 3rd wheel role and not to mention they have less skills than POs.

If you want to fuck about, just play a PFC doing that sort of stuff, maybe add stuff all around shipside to do it.
    Last edited by Ttly; 01-20-2022 at 07:23 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    pee
    RTO needs a rename to signify that it's supposed to be a dedicated spotter because there's so many people who just go retarded with the phone instead of doing JTAC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derpymcderpderp View Post
    RTO needs a rename to signify that it's supposed to be a dedicated spotter because there's so many people who just go retarded with the phone instead of doing JTAC.
    This.

Forward Observer, Fire Support Coordinator, Artillery Spotter, Bombardier.

The possibilities are endless.

Fuck, just call them "Laser Binocs Marine" and call it a day.