Date of Incident
    January 16, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Joachim Fitz-Arcos

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    4hands44

Accused Character Name
    James 'Yellin' Blackbriar

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Around 13:25 CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    CO Expectations

Description of the incident:
    Firstly, the involved people apart from myself are:

James 'Yellin' Blackbriar - CO. The one being reported.
    Otto 'Fobman' Schultz - Bravo Engineer. First ML/SOP incident by the CO.
    Mutsio Major - Delta Engineer. Second ML/SOP incident by the co.
    Alfred Collins - CMP. Witness to the CO's first infraction.
    Sasha Volynets - MP. Witness to the CO's second infraction.
    Christopher Beck - MP Cadet, Mutsio Major's arresting officer.

From the beginning:

1Lt Collins, CMP, ordered LCpl Schultz, Bravo Eng's, arrest for Major DTGP. The crime involved deconstructing every single chair in the hangar for materials without the Commander's authorization or SOP change. He was soon brought into the brig, and he was processed.

Major Blackbriar, CO, came to the brig to take care of appeals himself. This is when the first incident happened. He asked me to explain why he was arrested for deconstructing chairs- I gave him a reasonable response: he deconstructed every single chair in the hangar with the purpose of farming metal. He did not seem to understand that for this not to be considered a crime he'd have to make a prior announcement authorizing the deconstruction of chairs and handrails for this purpose. He didn't seem satisfied with my explanation, and so he went straight to accept the appeal, knowing full well that the charges applied weren't wrong. Logs can confirm that I had a conversation with the CO about why the charges were applied, and he seemed shocked by it, hinting to his poor knowledge of ML.

Shortly afterwards LCpl Mutsio Major, Delta Eng, was brought in my Cpl Beck, MPC. He asked me process the suspect since he was not familiar with the functioning of JAS, so I obliged. The arrest was ordered by CMP Collins, and the charges were Major Interference (interfering with an arrest the CMP was carrying out by shoving him down repeatedly and stripping him with the help of other marines), and Resisting Arrest, by MPC Beck's discretion. I added the charges and put them in a cell.

This is where Major Blackbriar comes in. He pardoned LCpl Major and did NOT announce that they were being pardoned at any point after the fact, breaking SOP. Immediately after, he ordered MY arrest for "Prevarication and FTFP", because I had allegedly not "informed the suspect of their crimes". Volynets was the officer he ordered to arrest me, and here's where I'd like the logs to confirm that:

A. I was not the arresting officer, and so stating the suspect's crime was not my responsibility,
    B. I did state their crimes while I was processing them, for further courtesy. I named both charges after Beck confirmed that they had resisted arrest,
    C. He DID order my arrest for Prevarication and FTFP, committing Prevarication himself.

So, to recap: Major Blackbriar wrongfully accepted an appeal, broke SOP by not announcing the engineer's pardon, and commited Prevarication himself for unlawfully ordering my own arrest, all in a single round. I believe that overall, the CO's attitude of antagonizing the MPs just for the sake of it and lack of proper knowledge and inability to enforce both ML and SOP are appalling and unbecoming of a WHITELISTED Commanding Officer, which is meant to be the top judicial authority aboard the ship when Provost is not involved.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs will confirm all detainments and conversations by each of the characters involved.

What resolution are you seeking?
    I'm sure the CO Council will apply whatever resolution they deem correct after reading my explanation and comparing them with the logs, considering this would be 4hands44's second CO Expectations-related report within the month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chiu View Post
    Shortly afterwards LCpl Mutsio Major, Delta Eng, was brought in my Cpl Beck, MPC. He asked me process the suspect since he was not familiar with the functioning of JAS, so I obliged. The arrest was ordered by CMP Collins, and the charges were Major Interference (interfering with an arrest the CMP was carrying out by shoving him down repeatedly and stripping him with the help of other marines), and Resisting Arrest, by MPC Beck's discretion. I added the charges and put them in a cell.
    Mutsio here.

ARES reported the charges were "Insubordination" and "Resisting arrest".

The CO appealed many people that day because MPs were, as usual, going off the rails in arresting whoever they wanted for whatever reason. Funnily enough I was released because the charges I was told and what was applied were two different things. Which is a procedure violation so I didn't need to be pardoned.

Further more the CO can pardon whoever they want, it's up to HC to disagree with it. Once those that were pardoned were released they deployed. We won. No more issues from anyone who was released.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-17-2022 at 02:40 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of you stop the shitflinging. You tell your side, not take jabs at each other. This thread is being cleaned up and warnings are issued. If it continues, you will be issued forum infractions
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In regards to the appeal:

I needed engineers in the AO as FOB was lacking severely, as were most of my SGs. It was also quite clear from comms that MPs seemed to instigate the incident, and I was attempting to maintain peace, as the marines seemed quite liable to mutiny/Riot as a result, and since the crimes were not particularly severe and it seemed from what I could percieve there was a bit of MP BS going on. I also Faxed HC about the issue as the Mp department that round seemed to be... lacking at best and requested an audit as they had already had a few jailbreaks and generally botched actions and I was seeking an IC Resolution to minimize issues if possible.

As such, I pardoned, or appealed where it was applicable, and had them released. In particular I Released the engineer who dismantled a few chairs in Hangar, as we were lacking engineers at the time. I also rejected appeals of many other marines as I judged their punishments to be fitting/not actively harmful to the op.

I did not order your arrest, I ordered the arrest of the cadet for failing to provide the Suspect of their crimes prior to arrest, followed by the application of incorrect charges, which another MP and the Prisoner(another engineer) both agreed were applied wrong, I didnt name you specifically I just said the cadet who did the charges, since the prisoner said that it was a cadet and I had no name to go off, I asked for the cadet who handled the arrest to be found and arrested for FFTP and prevacation, a nearby MP corrected me with more appropriate charges for the cadet and I agreed they were more fitting and said to make it so. At which point Joachim told me I had made two mistakes, however before I could rebuttle this, my internet died, I notified staff of this and rejoined asap. After which I didn't do much else with MPs and finished up the OP.

I could not "pardon" mechanically as the UI was bugged on the cells and informed the admins of this after leaving brig to which Silencer replied it was fine "just let them go or reduce their sentence whatever you need to do its just fluff"

I would also like to make it quite clear, that A) As an RPing CO I was attempting to keep an OP running and my marines in a pliable and stable mood without a riot or massacre, and B) OOC it seemed to me based on Comms and the general actions attitude and behavior of the MPs that round there was a degree of abuse and or incompetence which I attempted to dampen the affects of without/minimal Staff/OOC interference however, given this, I would almost say I was in the wrong for doing so and probably shoulda Ahelped it since this feels more like a salt report.

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4hands44 View Post
    for failing to provide the Suspect a list of of their crimes prior to arrest
    (small typo fix)

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Witness.

There were multiple faxes sent during this round, most of the ones relevant to this incident I will post. The issue was at least partially investigated by staff during the round, though I only did a bit of digging as it wasn't the one handling it and tbh I have no idea who is at fault, I just know that there was a disagreement between the MPs and the CO. However, this is a WL report. I will publish the faxes that were saved, tho only 1 copy ofeach even tho some were sent multiple times. I'm not sure they are in order but logs should make it easy to figure that out.

Fax A, initial fax and charges requested against the CO, this fax was sent 3 times at various points.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Fax B, CO's fax agasint mps, about at a similar time as Fax A
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Fax C, HC reply to Joachim. This one was not very readable due to something going wrong in the HTML
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Fax D, Response form the CMP, for more info on the situation
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4hands44 - CO Expectations - Logs Part 1 - Arrest/Pardon of Otto 'Fobman' Schultz

James 'Yellin' Blackbriar, CO
    Otto 'Fobman' Schultz, Bravo Engineer.
    Mutsio Major, Delta Engineer

Alfred Collins, CMP
    Joachim Fitz-Arcos, MP
    Sasha Volynets, MP
    Christopher Beck, MP Cadet

(I wasn't able to find any response to the authorization question, but as far as I can tell, there was no announcement/conversation regarding deconstructing anything shipside.)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

(Sasha Volynets arrests Otto 'Fobman' Schultz)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

(Briefing Begins)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

(CO Announcement RE Arrests)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

(Sasha Volynets attempts to arrange an appeal for Otto 'Fobman' Schultz, Briefing is ongoing.)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

(Briefing Ends)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

(Around this time, James 'Yellin' Blackbriar (CO) is speaking with Alfred J. Collins (CMP) and Joachim Fitz-Arcos (MP) about Otto 'Fobman' Schultz's charges elsewhere)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

(James 'Yellin' Blackbriar on Otto 'Fobman' Schultz's Charges/Appeal)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

(At some point, they reach the brig, after a brief exchange, James 'Yellin' Blackbriar grants Otto 'Fobman' Schultz's Appeal)
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ScarletReign; 02-20-2022 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Addition of Spoiker Tags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrest/pardon of Otto 'Fobman' Schultz - aHelp

Otto 'Fobman' Schultz is reminded about using OOC in IC after complaining of being griefed by MPs in the general comms channel. Moonshanks suggests he aHelp his concerns which he does, some time later.)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Otto 'Fobman' Schultz sends an aHelp with concerns about the legitimacy of his arrest.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This along with the other pending CO report are way overdue; I'm sincerely sorry for that.

Council has decided to resolve this report with a retroactive warningfor 4hands44. They can DM a councilor for further information.

Report resolved.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump