User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun juggling/external macros are ruining this game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shotgun juggling/external macros are ruining this game

This got me pissed off a lot. I don't mind dying. I really don't. I don't even care if BOO shreds me or Grub fucks me in a 5v1. It happened before and I take full responsibility. All could be avoided.

I died to surv shocked doors like a fool or to their robustness, closed in to CIC after hijack, mute mortars and off-screen no warning CAS. I Died to FF and to body block too many times to count.

And I don't care. It's part of the game. In some cases if my skills would be better or I would have just planned better I could have avoided these deaths. The rest of the random 'unavoidable' death due to bad luck like sadar get a lucky hit while I got a lag-spike and every marine chose to go for the kill, even if they all die.

Is it unfair? Maybe. But shit happens. And I don't care.

But after yesterday I just simply can't play this game in this stage. I got used to robust marines. 95% of time if I'm not playing drone or drone evo caste, I go out of my way to chase survivors. In my opinion, most of them have above average skill level and they easily get a few kills, and not just a lucky XX kill touching a door, but they do kill the ancient lurkers also regularly. I know what my skill limits are and I know how a robust marine looks, moves, and acts like.

But yesterday this one marine was over the top. Now I saw marines with good skills, using the M39+flamer setup to 1v1 2-3-4 xenos. In this particular case I was there as a xeno and witnessed as he killed them. He had great skills, utilizes his tools properly and managed to get multiple kills. Props to him.

I saw how Grubby and other marines who I could list here or I know how they look but don't remember their name go for the kill and do an amazing job at it, while keeping high RP standards. I have no problems with robust marines. If anything I enjoy playing more against them than against a marine who doesn't even fight back.

But yesterday this one marine. I call bullshit. I had to write this monologue to reduce the git god and skill issue comments. If you say these, read again the last few phrases.

This marine. Solo. Killed about 5 T3s. Alone. They were at 100% HP. On weeds.

Skill you say? Robust? Nope. He was using either a third party macro or can program CM macro better than I do.

How do I know? because I used them myself. Injured? Want to inject 2 autoinjectors? Well it takes a couple of clicks to open bag, take out injector, use it, out away, take other one, use, put away, close bag, take gun. If you click fast you can do it in 3-4 seconds I recon. I did it in 0.1 second using a third party ubot. Now if you know this program and what it can do, I TRIED using it to move the mouse and auto target for me. It was unreliable as hell, but I guarantee it can be done. Making how ever a shotgun juggling macro or shotgun refill macro takes 5 minutes and trust me it is unfair AF.

Now there is a difference between spamming that E SHIFT+E and using a macro. You simply can not move while spamming those buttons. This is something only people who really tried to will realize what I'm talking about. You can tell if somebody has macro assist.

I used other more simple macros like for spitter putting all 3 abilities on 1 button, but with macro assist to make sure they activated, in case there is a lag. Small thing, but you have to observe very closely to hear the sounds and see that it is fucking impossible to use abilities that fast by pressing keys and account for lag and click delay. Same with auto injectors and the rest. The only way you could tell I was using them is by listening and questioning how the fuck this guy using them so fast. This is how.

Now I stopped using these a LONG time ago. Especially the shotgun juggling macro and the rest, I find it totally unfair as it makes the game too easy. If you ever played WoW and tried the DK when it came out, putting 10 abilities on 1 button to auto win the game? It's the same. There is no skill here just spam 1 button 500 times until you win.

The problem here is that DEVS and Admins don't give a crap. If a marine kills a xeno using this, so be it. But when a marine kills SOLO multiple T3s on WEEDS while he is injured, no stimms, and the xenos are full HP at start? This solo marine influenced the game more by 20 other marines. Is this what this server has become? A TGMC death match where RP, tactics, logistics does not matter just who has the better macro and can spam 1 button faster?

If so, I take a break for now. I have to repeat again for the people who saying git gut. I like to think I am good. I got my share of kills on both sides. I think I have about 200 marine and 250 xeno hours total. If I am with spitter, even without any macro just hotkeys, I can 70-80% can kill a surv reliably 1v1 or even 2v1 as I can not be bothered to cap. I know my limits, but I can recognize a bad player, an average and a robust player. But when 1 player is so much out of this game that it should be impossible and I can tell but the movement and sounds that is playing this game with tool assist?

Nah mate, this is just sad. Those T3 front liners that died were not XXs that had a moment. I know their name, they play a lot and play good. They died within second or getting near him. I know as I watched as ghost and kept observing as he is going out of his way to stay screens away from other marines so he can 1v1 bait xenos.

Seems like this is what DEVS and Admins wants, and it's their server so be it. But this is not fun any more, this is just sad.

I will take a break for now. If you enjoy playing this game, go for it. But for me, this keeps happening more and more often every day. Maybe one day they change the direction of the game, but now with this, and other things like IO, defcon, pylons etc it's going to a different way than I would like to.

Any case, I guess enjoy the game and maybe see you an other time, maybe not.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    counterpoint: a single shotgun is literally worthless because of fire delays and the fact that you can't follow up on anything because of the aforementioned fire delay/ROF also remove knockback from shotguns.

also just because you're too bad for muscle memory doesn't mean everyone uses macros ������������������������

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    counterpoint. double shotgun makes you literally useless like 95% of the time and you cant chase or finish xenos off in the large majority of encounters and you cant do jack shit against t3s. also can you please please please say who the character is. my god if you get owned by tibby doom shotguning you he's like the only person who can do it.

EDIT: also why did a warrior not just one tap him when he was on weeds and by himself. kind of does seem like a skill issue. once warrior pounces you no amount of macros in the world is saving you on weeds.

EDIT: also can you guys get video evidence.
    Last edited by ObsidianCrow; 01-17-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allow shotguns to be slam fired whilst gripped with both hands and this problem goes away. Current state of the M37 is “useful sidearm which can cuckshot owo-pounce caste.”

Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightbearetard View Post
    This marine. Solo. Killed about 5 T3s. Alone. They were at 100% HP. On weeds.

He was using either a third party macro or can program CM macro better than I do.

How do I know? because I used them myself. Injured? Want to inject 2 autoinjectors? I did it in 0.1 second using a third party ubot. Making how ever a shotgun juggling macro or shotgun refill macro takes 5 minutes and trust me it is unfair AF.

Now there is a difference between spamming that E SHIFT+E and using a macro. You can tell if somebody has macro assist.

It is fucking impossible to use abilities that fast by pressing keys and account for lag and click delay. The only way you could tell I was using them is by listening and questioning how the fuck this guy using them so fast.

If you ever played WoW and tried the DK when it came out, putting 10 abilities on 1 button to auto win the game? It's the same. There is no skill here just spam 1 button 500 times until you win.

But when a marine kills SOLO multiple T3s on WEEDS while he is injured, no stimms, and the xenos are full HP at start? Is this what this server has become? A TGMC death match where who has the better macro and can spam 1 button faster?

But when 1 player is so much out of this game that it should be impossible and I can tell but the movement and sounds that is playing this game with tool assist?
    Autohotkey abuse can give unfair edges like you describe, but that's the nature of the beast with open-ended software like Byond and SS13. As far as I'm aware, it's unavoidable.
    We should be glad that certain scripts (or similar) aren't in wide use. Being able to truncate actions through use of macros isn't nearly as terrible as an aimbot.
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR

Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first off u should say who this robust marine is

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we just have Mk221s as default shotguns for marines, just nerf its fire rate or something, no more unique-action macro mandatory to use shotguns.
    Also irremovable UGL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely think that macros are bad for the health of the game, and that shotguns should auto pump or something instead. New player onboarding because of macros -sucks- because if you wanna be a rambo with a shotgun you fire once and then have to turn your mouse to a tiny part of the screen and click.

Macros to pick up your gun from the ground are gross, macros being needed to play aliens like wawwiaw optimally suck. I would much rather a hotkey system than a macro system, and have macros be completely removed.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    Macros to pick up your gun from the ground are gross, macros being needed to play aliens like wawwiaw optimally suck. I would much rather a hotkey system than a macro system, and have macros be completely removed.
    You mean the thing we already have? The "view keybinds" button on the character screen?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keybind hotkeys are jankier than macros.