User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shotgun juggling/external macros are ruining this game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    You mean the thing we already have? The "view keybinds" button on the character screen?
    as long as we support macros why would we do that- i want it to be purely a bind system, no macros

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    as long as we support macros why would we do that- i want it to be purely a bind system, no macros
    I don't think there's a feasible way to remove macros from the game since it's part of the byond client the game is running on, and even if you somehow managed to do it people would just use external macros anyway that widen the gap between people who use them and people who don't. Not to mention the issue of completely stripping out a significant portion of the game's mechanics since they're designed with macros in mind and would need to be redone to not need or use them.

A keybind system that exists alongside the macro system is the best CM can ever hope for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one strong shotgun > having to use 3 of them to constantly stunlock something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah double shotgunning is nuts there have been some crazy hombres even in 2017 who played out of their mind, his name is kind of eluding me rn though
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly, making macros less neccesary would do wonders for new player retention, I like tgmc's hotkey bind system, it's very sensible.

at the very very least we should move to unique action button to somewhere more noticable and make it look like a shotgun pump or something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you aren't binding the "unique action" to spacebar to pump your shotgun, what are you even doing?

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    honestly, making macros less neccesary would do wonders for new player retention, I like tgmc's hotkey bind system, it's very sensible.

at the very very least we should move to unique action button to somewhere more noticable and make it look like a shotgun pump or something
    We quite literally have a hotkey bind system. Spacebar is also auto-assigned to unique-action by default.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TGMC removed (disabled) macros, they have only keybinds, works fine. 100% possible.