User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low-Pop Sucks: An examination of the factors.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have won more in lowpop than on high pop so i have no idea what you mean ensive:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at all these lowpop apologists, meanwhile I see 4 games in row that end less than an 20 minutes, because lurkers/xenos curbstomp reens. Although yesterday xenos lost hard, because they were 6 against 40.
    Last edited by Hungergeister; 01-21-2022 at 10:55 PM.

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO SPIN AXES View Post
    Low pop marine feels better than sex!!! ( i'd know ) you get to blast xenos to death and it feels fucking awesome
    True.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowpop goes either of 2 ways;

1. Marines win almost instantly.
    2. Xenos win almost instantly.
    ..Of course there are some exceptions but they're called exceptions for a reason..

It depends on two factors; how much one of the side is tryharding, and how much players are on each side.

If marines go for an ungaball no FOB rush and xenos are caught off guard (or just spawn without a queen, forcing someone to go queen even if they have limited experience as xeno in general) they can very easily crush them with no opposition.
    Same for the xeno side, if there are 3 lurkers rushing the FOB as soon as you drop, taking advantage of the fact that bravo usually has less than five people on lowpop (and the fact bravo isn't known to be very robust to begin with) it can very easily be a xeno major as t-comms is repeatedly bashed to pieces and marines are forced to play cat and mouse with the ambushers (while the actual frontline is advancing very fast towards the FOB due to the lack of man power.)

It is a very difficult balancing game - Often times the wins on lowpop are dictated 100% by how many are playing which side. Sometimes you get 15 xenos and like 20 marines (with either too many in support roles or not enough), and sometimes you get 5 xenos (no queen) and 30 marines.

This is why I think while making sure that marines get enough metal for a standard FOB at any pop is good, it won't matter THAT much if there is literally only one engineer to do all the work. (Sometimes there's even just a complete absence of them! Make engineer fun when, devs?)
    Not having enough medics isn't that big of a deal because of how many options marines have to treat themselves but if a single person dies good luck reviving them.
    Not having enough command will make marines just... Kinda do stuff like a headless chicken, not having enough intel.

If xenos don't get enough drones they don't have weeds nor structures, if xenos don't get a queen they either waste time gaining no evo points or a complete newbie evolves to one.

However, on the rare times that everything is as balanced as it should be, lowpop is easily my favourite time to play on CM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ban lowpop for being unbalanced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imho i know marines lose more on lowpop but sometimes its more fun because the game is just less laggy and if you lose its at least quick

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO SPIN AXES View Post
    Low pop marine feels better than sex!!! ( i'd know ) you get to blast xenos to death and it feels fucking awesome
    That's facts :fax: :fax: :fax:
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowpop lover here.

Everything said is true. Playing an engineer on lowpop is just god awful (let us buy more sentries ffs) as FOBs are massive, mats non existent and the fact that your squad of 3 is literally outnumbered by the lurkergang sucks.

Games completely unbalanced due to the fact that Xenos have a lot of shit designed for large groups making them ass blast smaller ones (this has all been said already)

BUT.....

Marine mentality on lowpop is literally just "fuck it yolo" We drop without any sort of plan or shit theres like 2 or 3 people actually in the FOB trying to make it work and then the other 12 marines have fucked off in every direction. If we actually stopped for a minute to change how to deal with lowpop rounds instead of just trying to do the same shit we do on highpop (deploy and charge in X direction) then I dunno maybe we might not get so fucked over all the time.

Still gonna be Xeno sided but thats what makes it fun going up against the odds.

Also Chain u lyin shit you Main warrior on lowpop dont lie : ))))

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Pollard View Post
    Also Chain u lyin shit you Main warrior on lowpop dont lie : ))))
    Ermmm I said lowpop marine is better than highpop marine, I didn't say anything about playing it more than xeno right now... gonna Lunge you for this post )))))

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Ermmm I said lowpop marine is better than highpop marine, I didn't say anything about playing it more than xeno right now... gonna Lunge you for this post )))))
    Court ordered post
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang