User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: envarm - Commanding Officer Application

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right so I seen and read everyone else opinions of you and I have met you in a limited extent. I appreciated you had a lot of hours in the past before our time recording were properly introduced and used. I too was one hellish XO. I see it in you that you got the potentials. the right knowledges and the right mindset. Yes, like many. I think you should become co. Atleast I think so.. Anyway, I have some doubts but nothing that can't be ironed out over time. I do not see any issues with you oocly nor icly but I will tell you. don't be so carefree, It's good to learn other roles. I myself am a well liked captain of rucm and a very well hated/loved synth as I did my job exceptionally well. It does not hurt to be a medical rig CO. you will save lives. and takes away lives too. Yes I know I am some out of touch players who doesn't play CM as of writing this because I disagree with staffs but I think what I said can't just be ignored either, Now, I Have no reason to doubt anyone here and I think they all have made their points pretty clear. You wanna be a CO you're not gonna be treating it like XO+. That could be why you want it. but I sure as hell will not support anyone with that mindset. you wanna be a CO you better do me a solid more than "I played Arma 3 and chess and I have 900 elo" and copypasting ww2 leaders speech.
    Not serious about any of that but I do hope you get the idea..
    The reason you wanna be a CO is a solid one but if that's really what you wanna do you could just. be XO and stay XO. You don't have to be CO to make memories nor make people happy. you can do just enough with what you are given. Lads I look forward to seeing your career. Maybe by the time I come back you'd be a council :]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are a very competent XO, as well as being robust, however I do agree with the concerns about you RPing very rarely.
    the fact you don't have any MP hours at all (besides 3 MPC hours) isn't a good sign either, so I'm going to have to -1you.

get in a few more MP hours and try to RP a bit more and I would happily give you a +1.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answers are not very good, but technically acceptable. I think this app demonstrates that the current set of questions is too open ended.

Story is bad, as been already mentioned by other people. Among other things, you wouldn't expect anyone with BA in Math to be "all muscles and no brain". But then again, I personally don't think the story matters that much.

Now, Faycal is one of the most veteran and respected SLs on the server. That is a big plus in my book.

I've seen you as XO a few times before and though you were generally decent at it, but sadly, I've never observed you more closely in CIC. So it's probably wise to recommend you play more XO until you'll be seen as a semi-regular XO player. Then some more CIC SO hours wouldn't hurt. And some MP hours on top of that.

Now a few questions:
    What things do you prioritize when running an operation?
    How would your CO rounds be different from your XO rounds(with no CO)?
    5 minutes after deployment you hear that MPs arrested one of the specs for NoD, since he didn't deploy and was loitering in mess area. Your actions?
    What are you gonna try to do different from other COs?
    Last edited by sg2002; 02-02-2022 at 03:45 AM.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    What things do you prioritize when running an operation?
    How would your CO rounds be different from your XO rounds(with no CO)?
    5 minutes after deployment you hear that MPs arrested one of the specs for NoD, since he didn't deploy and was loitering in mess area. Your actions?
    What are you gonna try to do different from other COs?
    1. IC: Keeping the USCM Personnel up to date with their orders and maintaining cohesion, as well as ensuring they receive the support they require (OBs, req work, and so on, which I've done numerous times as XO out of necessity or delegated when possible) for a successful operation.
    OOC: Making the rounds more unique by adopting more daring tactics and manuvers when I see them to be feasible and you may see this especially when it comes to LZ picking; I don't necessarily pick the LZ that is the beta meta-game wise. Additionally, roleplaying shipside if the planetside can be dealt with properly by the remaining CIC staff, and if there is some RP elements available.

2. I'd have the option to lead far more often in the field rather than in CIC, which frankly is where I excel as I can further utilize my knowledge of SLing; lead more effectively as the marines are more inclined to follow you if you are deployed, and be a beacon of glory (where I already am at CIC, but its far more effective in the field). Furthermore, if I'm shipside then I'd be able to further delegate and setup a plan with the XO, where depending on the circumstance I may come up with some quite valiant plans should the XO be in agreement.

3. Depends on how the operation is currently going. If the operation is fine as is and does not require my immediate attention, then I'd first wait to see if they are requesting an appeal of me. If they are, I'd first question them as to why they loitered, and attempt to see the truth behind their words. Should I believe that they are not gonna commit NoD again, then I will pardon them (as CO). Otherwise, they can serve their NoD charge as its frankly not a long sentence regardless. However, if the operation requires my immediate attention, then I will delegate the appeal to an SO, and if not available to the next person I believe would be able to deal with it properly.

4. I'm frankly quite willing to both try out new things that might make the round more fun (even if its against the current meta game), and willing to present some wild, yet artistic speeches both in the field and over at CIC when appropriate. Those are two rather unique things which may seem small but quickly add up in my opinion. For instance, starting with a different LZ; setting up a forward main FOB at an area that I believe can be defensible but is almost never used. Purchasing additional mortars and having a mortar team, this is an example of some of the tactics that I may use depending on the circumstance. For shipside, I'd also be more willing to let the more unorthodox things happen as long as they aren't breaking any laws or codes of course, which should nurture shipside roleplay.

This is my honest answer to all those inquiries, I understand some people might not be happy about me going in with a goal of winning above all, but that's really not why am here. I'm not here to maximize the chance of winning by meta gaming, I'm here to make it as fun as possible for me, and consequently for the rest of the players. I will of course do try to win even with those methods and tactics I use. Although at times they may seem to be a handicap, I believe they'll provide a better gaming experience for those of us who are regulars and already used to doing the same thing over and over.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Apologies for coming so late on the application, especially with the following verdict.

The CO Council and CO community both know you as a veteran and well-respected Squad Leader and are good at leading Marines on the field. That much you've got going for you.

That being said, however, we (collectively) have noticed several faults on your application that unfortunately do not meet our standards. The Council in addition simply doesn't feel you're ready to be XO material yet, demonstrated by both your application's answers to scenarios provided in addition to not really playing a lot of XO recently, at least not enough to get recognized by anyone here, Council or not.

I don't want to sound like an echo chamber so I'll say that a lot of what the others have said in this thread were also major contributions to our decision.

The major things we'd like you to work on are in particular your application answers (especially in regards to pardons and Battlefield Executions), the story (though I do want to make clear that the story is not the primary factor in applications) and your XO playtime. We all agree you have a lot of potential to be a good leader, but the problematic bits that the people here and the CO Council have raised will need to be addressed first before doing so.

You're more than welcome to contact one of the CO Councilors to ask for additional information and tips on how to improve both the application and your reputation. No promises, but if you work on those two you'll have a pretty good chance of being accepted if you do ever apply for this whitelist a second time.

Until then, sadly, this application is denied. You may reapply in 30 days on March 3, 2022.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump