Your Character Name?
    Dominic Powers
    Their BYOND Key
    Lunarflu
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    05:40
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2. Investigate the situation
    a. Contact anyone involved and get their side of the story. Also, check logs. It may not be immediately visible WHO caused the situation, and you may need to talk to several people to figure it out. Try to do this as quickly and efficiently.

3. Determine the seriousness of the issue
    a. This is very important because the seriousness should match the punishment. For example: using light netspeak (emoji's and such) is not a bannable offense for first time offenders; however, killing a marine for an insufficient reasons is.
    Description of the incident
    After a messy OP due to obsessive arrests by MPs over minor things xenos hijacked the alamo.
    2 marines still held by MPs were being transported from brig to evac pods by 2 MPs in the direction the DS crashed.

Considering the whole ordeal and seeing that my comrades were being forcibly evaced and heading into the direction of xenos I tried to break them free by grabbing them from MPs. After the first try I was flashed and told if I interfere again I’ll be shot. Considering it’s hijack and my character is in fight or flight mindset I again try grabbing them from the hands of MPs and try to move back.

One of the MPs named Lysander Raede (the one that previously warned me) pulled out his gun (can’t remember if it was a pistol or a revolver) and starts firing at me. Thankfully [or so I thought] none of the shots hit me as I was strafing around I quickly wielded my gun and shot him down in self-defense.

The second MP watched all this and did nothing so I proceeded to free my comrades and went back to brig with them to get their stuff. Second MP simply followed us and we had no issue.
    During the whole round I expressed my views on the actions of MPs but I was never hostile. I didn’t resist my arrest, I didn’t disarm spam nor push MPs. Only time I tried freeing my friends was during hijack as I saw them clearly being in danger. Only person I shot was the MP that clearly in my eyes tried to kill me.
    Evidence
    https://imgur.com/a/GPaZAVe MP_shot_first – this Is a fragment of the incident maybe it will help finding the logs
    https://imgur.com/a/nglcdTm MP_shot_first2 – this is the place where the shooting happened

blue circle – place where I grabbed the prisoners to free them
    Red circle – position of the MP
    Green circle – my position
    Pink circle – I believe the wall has bullet holes from the MPs gun not sure tho couple of shots went west of me as well
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Lunarflu considered those shots fired by the MP as multiple “warning shots” in my direction and he ruled my self-defense as LRP.
    I simply disagree that just because a player missed multiple shots on someone it means he’s firing “warning shots” and that defending yourself from a threat is then considered LRP.
    Also I disagree that interfering with the actions of MPs that threaten the life of fellow marines during hijack is LRP. [just after I removed the cuffs off of the prisoners a runner ran at us from the direction of evac pods which is where the MPs were going]

A person being fired at doesn’t think if those were “warning shots” or just another human being trying to kill them especially in a stressful situation such as hijack.

becouse of that i would like my note removed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I was one of the arrested marines being dragged to the evac pods(towards xenos), Johanna Jaakari.
    The MP's were taking me to the evac pods, due to the MP's deciding I was clearly "too dangerous or detrimental to the survival of the USS Almayer’s crew if released" as ML states, and I asked several people to free me, because they were taking me, unarmed, unable to defend myself towards the direction of xenos, and MP's arent known for their robustness.
    I affirm that the MP did in fact, pull out his revolver first, shoot two times, which Dominic managed to strafe and dodge, they hit the walls west of us, and was subsequently gunned down in self-defense.
    These would not be "warning shots'", the MP clearly was shooting with a intent to kill, and should know better than to shoot at marines on Delta alert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lysander Raede here. None of those arrests were caused by "microagressions". They were in full accordance with the ML and you were warned multiple times verbally to cease your doings. I do think the escalation of violence was correct, from a roleplay standpoint, as all bets are off during hijack. We were under duress and were being encroached by armed marines in this situation, and we could have unknowingly been bringing the prisoners straight to the crashsite, for all Powers could've known.

One thing Lunarflu is wrong about is the assumption that I was firing warning shots. Evacuation procedure (Red alert) permits the use of lethal weapons at discretion, not mentioning Code Delta which is initiated when the ship is in immediate danger of being taken over or destroyed (by the boarding xenos, this case), and I fired my weapon after a direct verbal warning. The escalation is proper and it is an appropiate act of RP. I wasn't asked whether I had fired warning shots or not during the investigation, so it was 100% an assumption of my intentions.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dominics logs and Lunars ahelps regarding this incident, and some of the victims. There is a parallel incident involving the CMP and another marine in this round that haves some common points, but those were left out. Notably the ahelps and investigation for both happened at about the same time, however Grimreaper was also involved in the investigation of the other incident. This is bit is more relevant for the context of the msays logs, which DMed to Management.

Gachiweeb -- Shooter
    Patternseeker -- Victim
    Lunarflu -- Mod

Dominics General interactions with the mps that round.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Preping and attempting to evac the prisoner by the MP
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The shooting incident, notably missis are not logged.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Subsequent ahelps, and some ooc toughs of the victim and shooter
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ito726; 01-28-2022 at 05:46 PM.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You spent the entire round breaking the ooc in ic rule, directly referencing rulings against you and "rope" and salting about the operation as a whole.

Your entire motivation due to "MPs also not being robust" is nice and cool, but not only it is inserting obvious OOC reasoning after the fact, but considering that through the round there were multiple ooc-like comments raised towards one player in particular, I just don't believe that is true.

It absolutely does not matter that these were warning shots or not. In fact, the MP in question said that they were not and I agree with them honestly. I believe I have already talked to Lunar about this, but the end effect does not change the fact that you spend the entire round throwing ooc salt at MPs in general and a (uninvolved) player in particular. They were right to be on edge and were absolutely right to expect bullshit like this happen and, well, it did.

What I believe happened is that you tried to find any IC reasonings to kill MP players that were by all accounts acting like they should have and doing things they are expected/allowed to do during hijack in order to save your buddy from getting shittcaned for being an idiot IC. This is further highlighted by the fact that none of this seems to have been reported beforehand.

Again, you are lucky this was lunar, not me. I would have banned you for longer.

Report denied.
    Senior Administrator