mizolo - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Mizolo

Marine Name
    Anekcahap (various nicknames) Volkov / Alien

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Kainde Vayuh'ta

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No, I have not.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Extensively, Yes

Yautja Character Story
    Family Background:

Kainde was from a family clan that prioritized stealth, caution, and assassin-like tactics over almost any other aspect of hunting; going in to attack prey and disappearing just as quickly without a trace. The most unique thing about their family clan was their masks and armor, in which the outside was coated/painted in pure vantablack that looked like they were wearing a silhouette on their face.

His father, Sijitar, named the family clan after himself and was very respectable in the Yautjan society. Kainde�s brother, Zainde�, was the rebellious one of the family, and preferred brute force and overwhelming power rather than that of what Kainde�s father taught of stealth. Zainde' went on to become a great hunter himself for another clan, but not at the cost of him losing his family pride which he would likely not regain.

In Kainde�s early childhood, his father was also part of another clan that was commonly targeted by Bad-Bloods. His father was incredibly good at fighting, and killing, Bad-Bloods due to the paint on his armor. This paint blocked all electromagnetic and infrared spectrum wavelengths, rendering him nearly invisible to other Yautja. It was also very common for people in his family to become incredibly hot, almost to the point of heat exhaustion while wearing the special armor. Most of the time they just wore the mask when hunting to symbolize where they were from.

The Sijitar clan was not just known for their stealth and Bad-Blood hunting. They were also known to be a clan that seemed to get along with every other clan, and hardly had any disputes with anyone. Kainde�s father was also known to be �Only speak unless spoken to, unless it�s an emergency� when meeting with other Yautja, and Kainde quickly adopted this trait as his father trained him.

First Hunt:

He crawled into his pod, and headed for the surface. Initial scans showed serpents milling about at this particular planet; worthy prey for any hunt undertaken. Upon landing, he got out and quickly headed towards the temple marked on his bio-mask in the hot, dense jungle.

Kainde lurked and pounced from the trees, searching for a target of opportunity. Remaining completely still at the top of one particular tree as to not disrupt his cloaking, he scanned the ground. He looked for disturbances in the underbrush: broken twigs, slash marks in tree trunks, etc. Slowly, he found a pattern of claw marks and a pair of tracks leading in a single direction. He methodically traveled across the lower canopy of the jungle, careful not to leave behind his scent or any identifiers he was there. Near a clearing, he spotted two serpents of a defensive caste. They were moving in a distinct pattern, as if on patrol for specific threats. Noticing the temple a distance away, Kainde gathered that there must be something of value to the serpents there, such as a matriarch, or a sub-hive of some kind. He would have to be cautious. He wanted to claim these serpents as a trophy, but caution must be exercised: two serpents would make a fine challenge, but bringing down the wrath of an entire hive would be ... inconvenient. He quickly and silently moved to a point near to where the serpents were patrolling, and set up a sonic mine for a distraction.

He then set up another trap a decent ways away from the diversion one. Kainde determined that if he brought down the wrath of a hive, he would want something to slow their advance while he evaded their pursuit.

He silently went into position in a nearby tree, staying still at the top as to not alert the serpent patrol, then detonated his sonic diversion mine.

The serpents, predictably, ran towards the sound and right past his tree as he watched from the canopy of the jungle.

As the serpents rushed near his tree, Kainde uncloaked and dropped down, showing himself as he drew his thin, rapier like, family blade. The serpents screeched as one pounced towards him instinctively. He nimbly dodged out of the way and punished the serpent for it�s error by slashing deep into the side of its body. The serpent seemed to become extremely agitated as it turned around quickly and attempted to pounce on Kainde again. However, Kainde was quick on his feet as he dodged out of the way and slashed the opposite side of the serpent.

The second serpent seemed to be looking for opportunities to strike, and found one. It whipped it�s tail viciously at Kainde as it scrapped along his bio-mask, nearly disabling it and ripping it off from his clicking mandibles.

The first serpent turned around quickly, but did not strike. It seemed weakened from the slashes and hesitated but for a moment. Kainde was the one who struck first this time, but did so with a feint. Knowing the serpent was going to dodge out of the way, and instead of lunging for a full attack, he put the front of his foot on the ground then lept again to where the serpent was now. He lunged forward with the blade and sunk it deep into the serpent's skull as it screeched and collapsed.

The second serpent, seeming to catch on that it was fighting a losing battle, attempted a desperate gamble by putting all of its weight into a full contact headbutt into Kainde�s torso.

Kainde was surprised at such a desperate maneuver, and was not expecting such force when it connected with a direct hit, sending him to the ground. However, as his bones creaked and his flesh spiked with pain, Kainde impaled the serpent with his sword, and the serpent angrily swiped the blade out of his hands. Kainde then repeatedly slashed and stabbed with his now-deployed wrist blades as they wrestled on the leaf laden jungle floor for a solid minute. The serpent finally wailed and writhed as all life left its body after a precise, calculated stab wound to the neck.

Kainde pulled out the serpents� spines with ease, and took them as trophies.

However, the battle wasn't over. He heard screeches and hisses coming from inside the temple. He expected this would happen, and had planned his escape early on. He saw some which held back and defended the temple where the matriarch was as some of the faster ones pursued him.

He continued to tactically retreat, keeping the location of his trap he set up earlier in his mind.

There were 3 more serpents coming after him, 2 of the more nimble castes, and 1 of a larger combat caste, evolved to specialize in removing limbs and carving flesh. This would be a losing fight within close quarters.

He sprinted towards his cloaked pod in the hot, humid jungle as he glanced behind him and saw that the serpents were right over his sonic mine.

He braced himself for the ear-piercing result of the sonic mine�s detonation as he continued to dash towards his goals. Kainde knew his tactic was successful as the three different sounds of the serpents shrieking in agony reached his ears.
    He leaped into his pod quickly, and took off towards his clan ship, pleased with the results from his first successful hunt.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    I intend to play my Predator as an �Trapping/Baiting Swordmaster�, where I use misdirection and decoys of a sort to lure prey into an ambush where I will focus on 1-2 targets at a time while trying to stave off other prey if there are any with traps and diversions. I also intend to be a predator that uses speed to their advantage, making dodges and predicting my prey�s moves before they even think about making them.

As for how my Yautja acts, he adopts a lot of his traits from his father, Sijitar. He rarely speaks, and is like that one person in the room who you know is there, but you never ... feel ... him in the room.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is (usually) classified as a fight that you can yield to, typically yielding under circumstances in which your death is inevitable. Though there are many honor duels in which it is to the death, and hence the honor is much higher to the winner of those than to the ones you can yield to. It is typically described that in a duel both "sides" stand an equal, or almost equal, chance of winning.

A hunt, on the other hand, is classified as a predator (in this case a Yautja) going and killing something in order to achieve a goal. In the case of the predator, it does not kill in order to eat, but rather for honor and glory. This means that they hunt honorable and worthy prey, not some weak fish in the river that doesn't know what the **** it's doing when something grabs it other than to run away.

To sum it up, the main difference between a duel and a hunt is the fact that a duel is more ... formal ... and only involves one person/being, and onthe other hand a hunt can involve multiple targets in which they MUST be challenging.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I intend on perhaps co-operating with other predators in hunts. I would think it would be a great idea if I had a sort of 'Friend' near the beginning of the round that I made, and stuck around with them.

Albeit I won't talk much, but I would be very open to talking about things about my father and my family if asked.

Even though I'm kind of a "only speak unless spoken to, unless it's an emergency" Yautja like my father, that doesn't mean I'm flat out NOT going to speak period unless a predator dies without detonating. I will initiate some conversation with other predators with some genuine interest about their past, hobbies, plans, and other such.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I believe by bringing this predator to the table, it would make the game more interesting. Not only because it could/will spark up interesting conversation about my father/family among current predators, but also be distinct on the hunting ground / battlefield with my pitch-black mask.

Though many predators are opportunistic and do hit and run tactics, not many predators play on prey�s urge to retaliate when �retreating�, forcing marines and xenos to be cautious when pursuing me and/or my friend.

Previous attempts, I have been criticized for my behavior in-game, which I have since then fixed. I have also been criticized that my story didn't include background on my last one, so I made one. I have polished up my story, which you might notice is nearly the same as the last one because it worked really well in my last one. Finally, I have hope that this app will be enough.

I have been wanting to be a predator for a long time, as anyone would. But I believe I'm unique in the fact that I haven't given up and have been persistent in my efforts to get predator despite my previous 8 failed attempts, this one being my 9th.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a note within the last 30 days for IC in LOOC as a xeno trying to get someone to help you when you were dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Read me for Predator applications
    You should be free of any negative notes for at least 30 days at the very least.

Also after going over the story, I agree with Lumdor as well

Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 02-21-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I ask when that was exactly?

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been in the past 2 weeks at least. I'd be humbled to know if it was in the past 2 weeks.

Edit: 1 1/2 weeks ... well ... I am humbled ... my bad, that won't happen again.
    Last edited by mizolo; 02-21-2019 at 05:53 AM.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, not even going off the note I'm going to critique the story itself. First of all, you have no first-person perspective on your predator. Everything is in third person, and really shows nothing about yourself.

I intend to play my Predator as an �Trapping/Baiting Swordmaster�, where I use misdirection and decoys of a sort to lure prey into an ambush where I will focus on 1-2 targets at a time while trying to stave off other prey if there are any with traps and diversions. I also intend to be a predator that uses speed to their advantage, making dodges and predicting my prey�s moves before they even think about making them.

As for how my Yautja acts, he adopts a lot of his traits from his father, Sijitar. He rarely speaks, and is like that one person in the room who you know is there, but you never ... feel ... him in the room.
    First of all, we know almost nothing of your father, so what traits? The way you say you're going to play is the generic way that any predator is.

Going off this in total this application is medicore once again, and doesn't deserve anything but a -1.
    Last edited by Lumdor; 02-21-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also going to say you need to re-look every accepted predator application because every time I read an application made by you it seems you copy and pasted off the wiki.

People know you in-game, but not in a good way. If you actually want to make a good predator application and playstyle come to the people that are whitelisted.

We have a channel on discord literally for helping on whitelist applications. Please use it.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try again later, you'll get accepted next time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... such is life ...

pre-denying ... again

... as for your tips for helping ... they aren't ... I've already asked for help from the discord server, and multiple people have told me multiple different things.
    You also act as if I'm just copying and pasting somebody else's work ... which is fine if you think that, but it's not true at all.

... I don't understand this, I try to make this work, I try my hardest ... and I don't succeed.
    Is there any way in this world I even have a ... *sigh* whatever ...

Pre-denying as of 2/21/19
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mizolo this right here is was I am talking about. Stop doing this stuff with the ... and dramatizing everything. Act like a regular person and defend yourself.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn as of Feb 21st, 2019