Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Surv Death Meta Returns

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    in the coming days I am going to put more armour on maps
    Armor isn't going to help, you are going to die because you are slowed+armor slow = easiest runner pounce possible, not to mention you will be unable to loot. Putting on the armor roots yourself, making you an insanely easy target, and costs your important spare hand. Adding armor to the maps isn't going to make survivor better, survivor players ignore armor for a reason.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just turn Survivors into MARSOC problem solved.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good change, survs deserve death

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, and I thought 2018 Marine-biased Cabal was bad. Here we go 2022 Survivor-biased "not-Cabal". Marines atleast are a majority of playerbase, survs are 4-6 people each round at best.

Nobody cares about survs and thats alright. Don't get delusional, there is no RP potential in Survivors, its the same stale, old boring "oh I survived" RP. It was old back when I started playing, now its not even moldy, or rotten, literally a compost, that old.

Survs should stay the way they are, because any change to them fucks the rest of the game like a domino. Any change made to stop survivor tears will immeditely make benos cry and then force change to benos and then marines will cry and then force another change. Stop this fucking carousel of salty tears.

Survs have one purpose: Give benos something to do pre-drop. This and nothing else.

Or lets just get back to the hamster's wheel. Buff survs, survs don't die each round, survs learn how to abuse the buff in next month, survs reliably dicking benos. Big culmination - Survs kill big chunk of benos before marines drop, big burst of beno tears:
    1. Beno buff incoming. Repeat previous steps up to "big culmination" and replace "survs" with "benos" and "benos" with "marines". Big culmination - Xenos overwhelm marines great majority of times. Response is either beno nerf, or marine buff (simillary to "b" variant).
    2. Marine buff incoming. Repeat previous steps up to "big culmination" and replace "survs" with "marines". Big culmination - Marines overwhelm xenos great majority of times.
    Response is either marine nerf, or xeno buff.
    3. Surv nerf, survs go to square one.
    It can go in any order. About a month between each option.

Don't take survs/preds into balance consideration, or it will fucking end badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In what world were survs fucking hives each round?

That only ever happened in times where the hive would have gotten stomped anyway, IE: 14 pooled larva, or no roundstart queen.
    Or bizzare times where queens decide to put the hive in somewhere fucking stupid that survs will run into without even trying to.

The '''''''''problems''''''''''''' that there were supposedly Xeno tears over are entierly non issues.
    I hate this fucking attitude where roles should just be ignored because 'who cares'

I'm not even asking for Endurance 5 back (Though it's not like Endurance 5 was actually a problem), All I want right now is to not get 1-tapped by a fucking sentinel from 5 tiles away.

I don't know why people are asking like this is an unfixable problem. Would making it so survivors can actually play the damn game be balance-breaking? No. Fucking of course it wouldn't.
    It's like trying to talk about cade-buffs all over again, every suggested change is countered with 'Uugh we don't want MEGAFOBS back!' 'Uuugh we don't want survivor Protags!'

Newsflash dude, it was never an issue. Anyone who turbogamed as a PFC+ when they survived can do the exact same thing as just a regular PFC. Fucking Joe Dafoe killed 4 xenos on weeds in goddamn RTO armor two days ago.
    Literally a skill issue.
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.

The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Snip.
    That’s delusional, survivor is such a popular role you have to fight for it to actually get the role. At no time were survs shit stomping xenos every round, even the best survs Lance, Stelf, Daboza, etc die consistently. You don’t know what you’re talking about, probably because you have hardly played the role. “Balancing survs will end badly” is a hilarious joke, what xeno buffs came from survs getting neuro resistance and bone break resistance? None. You on the one hand say that survs and surv players are irrelevant and on the other say they’re so incredibly powerful that they will destroy the game balance. Not only is this untrue, but make up your mind which is it?
    Synth Gaming

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4xmaniac View Post
    snip
    Talking about delusions, find in my post one mention of survs stomping xenos every round.

Or lets just get back to the hamster's wheel. Buff survs, survs don't die each round, survs learn how to abuse the buff in next month, survs reliably dicking benos. Big culmination - Survs kill big chunk of benos before marines drop, big burst of beno tears
    I assume its about this part. "Survs reliably dicking benos" doesn't mean stomping xenos each round. It means they reliably survive while killing a couple of benos. The "big culmination" is when they actually stomp them one (1, ein, один, un, uno, ett, jeden, una, unus) time.

Popular role, or not, its only 4-6 people each round (excluding synth surv). Thus it doesn't matter. And it shouldn't matter.

I don't need to play surv a lot to know shit. I play the game long enough to actually witness with my own pair of eyes the consequences of survivors being taken into balance consideration.

... You on the one hand say that survs and surv players are irrelevant and on the other say they’re so incredibly powerful that they will destroy the game balance. Not only is this untrue, but make up your mind which is it?
    No, thats your delusion. I'm not saying that survs are both irrelevant and incredebly powerfull. They should be irrelevant to game balance and when they are taken into consideration with said game balance (buffs) they can (and usually become, trough robust players "abusing" the buff) become a scourge of benos, where they kill half of the hive before marines land and everyone cries, everyone but survs with smug smile on their stupid face.

“Balancing survs will end badly” is a hilarious joke, what xeno buffs came from survs getting neuro resistance and bone break resistance? None.
    And what xeno buffs came from giving survs trucks, huh? Maybe something along the lines of being better at fighting marine vehicles? No, you and your survmain pals would know that, so it doesn't exist.
    We can "one-up" each other whole month.
    There was no immediate change to xenos/marines when survs got their endurance 5, because as I mentioned, it takes time. Devs usually don't act fast, unless something big happens. Survs getting capped/killed each round constantly because neuro one-hit them wasn't big (proving the role doesn't matter), survs killing half of the hive on one occasion was something big. Just the same as with giving survs shotguns roundstart. Or additional mats being removed from maps, because survs used it, like C4 to destroy tunnels.

Survs should never be considered for game balance. They should always be an afterthought. Mark my words, because I can't do shit. I can only talk, doesn't matter what I will do, Its won't change if surv will get buffed, or nerfed, or whatever. I can only sit back and laugh at the state of a game, where everyone drowns in each other tears, because somebody has to get his PP hard as survivor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what xeno buffs came from giving survs trucks, huh? Maybe something along the lines of being better at fighting marine vehicles? No, you and your survmain pals would know that, so it doesn't exist.
    Actually Truck was nerfed then practically removed rather than xeno's getting something for it[well they got some T1/T2 being able to fit under truck so I guess something](not like survivors actually wanted the truck), Still works either way, however rather than getting xeno's nerfed local survivors just want some survival chances.

And xeno's getting stomped by Survivors in generally the fault of xeno's it's like saying "Oh it's the lurkers fault that your wandering alone, unarmed with a giant sign that says Kill me", survivors are barely ever consider for balance due to other sides getting buffed.(I'v legit made a list on this topic)

Frankly it takes longer for devs to nerf broken ass xeno shit than it does marine shit as they too dam scared of losing their precious xeno player base.

Not that my complaining is worth shit either, Dev direction is set on going straight down in to the gutter in terms of features and balance after all engineering keeps getting worse and worse with every bloody update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove survivors - problem solved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give survivors their 5 endurance back.

If you die to a survivor it's literally a skill issue.
    I have no idea why they nerfed survivors' endurance to whatever it is now, because in my own opinion it was unneeded (and that comes from someone who was a xeno main from 2018 until recently.)
    Survivors already had the odds stacked against them, now it is basically fucking impossible for them to actually "survive" (as the name implies) unless xenos just decided for whatever reasons not to hunt them.

Whoever says "good just remove survivor no one plays it" you are a fool and a coward. Just because not a lot of people enjoy playing that role does it mean that it should just be deleted. (And I doubt that the number of people who wanna play survivor are low because when I try to roll survivor I almost never get it.)
    Survivors are good for both the survivors and the xenos. They gave something to do to xenomorphs when they felt up to the challenge of trying to cap/kill survivors. Now? Well why should I even try to attack the survivors now? A single sentinel can shut them down like a SADAR aiming at a ovi queen.
    Survivors had their niche for whoever felt like playing CM hardcore.