User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Surv Death Meta Returns

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Nobody cares about survs and thats alright. Don't get delusional, there is no RP potential in Survivors, its the same stale, old boring "oh I survived" RP. It was old back when I started playing, now its not even moldy, or rotten, literally a compost, that old.
    Absolutely the worst take you can have.

"I've been playing for so long that I'm tired of this gameplay aspect so it's stupid now".

This is how you kill a game for new players just because people like CABAL are tired of an aspect to a game they've been playing for years content should be ignored or removed?
    Last edited by Fewher; 01-24-2022 at 12:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to put myself forward as a new player example

The Surv likes the RP the CL likes the RP the MP likes having something to do at least and the bravo engies enjoy the shit the survs managed to scavenge and even the xeno likes having something to do I can say this with 100% certainty as I've experienced it first hand through all roles.

I agree with Fewher I WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE SAME SHIT YOU DID AND ENJOY IT FOR MYSELF is shipside engineer useless yes is it fun yes if this game turns into a full-on fucking TDM with only squad marines and xenos because all other roles don't matter then the server will be fucking shit

and to be honest playing surv helped me learn engi and medical
    Last edited by Ravin Hobo; 01-26-2022 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, for anyone who says 'Cade up and fortify' as a counter to this, need I remind you that for some absolutely asinine reason, Spit goes over cades?
    Like. Barely anything xenos do is blocked by cades, it's kind of ridiculous.

That's not even counting how bad cades are in the first place.
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.

The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Absolutely the worst take you can have.

"I've been playing for so long that I'm tired of this gameplay aspect so it's stupid now".

This is how you kill a game for new players just because people like CABAL are tired of an aspect to a game they've been playing for years content should be ignored or removed?
    It's not "I've been playing for so long that I'm tired of this gameplay aspect so it's stupid now", it's "I've been playing for so long that I've seen all possibilities of this ROLEPLAYING aspect, it was medicore at best back then and is just plainly bad right now".

Will you ignore First Contact Rule Change and its impact on your ol'favourite "gameplay" aspect? The fact that marines already know everything they need to know? No need to talk with survs to weld the vents etc.

So... Marines knowing about xenos existance was introduced exactly by my "absolutely the worst take one can have", isn't it? Wasn't the reason for letting marines know about xenos that the "gameplay" (why the fuck you call RP a "gameplay" aspect leafman?) aspect got tired, because people have been playing it for years?
    Your response, fellow redditor?

Oh, so ignoring, or removing content like survivor harms little new players (REEEE! GATEKEEPERS REMOVED OLD LTB TANK! NEW PLAYERS WON'T EXPERIENCE OFFSCREEN DEATH!), but prioritising it over key gameplay aspects and features is not? Oh, shotgun juggling/macro might be too bad for new xeno players, oh warrior might be too bad for new marine players, oh this and oh that, BUT HOW YOU DARE TOUCH, OR IGNORE SURVIVORS? New players go-to role, mind you, they have to deal with those entire round, from the first minute to the last.
    Some things needs to be ignored, for things that affect more players to be addressed.

Yes, ignore (not remove, find me a quote where I say remove survs) preds, synths and survs. Focus on a core gameplay, make it good for both new and old players, then focus on your precious fucking survivors and making their pp hard. Thank Kane there is no Surv whitelist, or else this would be even more unberable, but on the other hand there would be no bullshit arguments about "new players". Fucking "new players" for survivor role... What about new players for synth, or pred, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin Hobo View Post
    I would like to put myself forward as a new player example

The Surv likes the RP the CL likes the RP the MP likes having something to do at least and the bravo engies enjoy the shit the survs managed to scavenge and even the xeno likes having something to do I can say this with 100% certainty as I've experienced it first hand through all roles.

I agree with Fewher FUCK YOUR GATEKEEPING ASS PERSPECTIVE I WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE SAME SHIT YOU DID AND ENJOY IT FOR MYSELF is shipside engineer useless yes is it fun yes if this game turns into a full-on fucking TDM with only squad marines and xenos because all other roles don't matter then the server will be fucking shit

and to be honest playing surv helped me learn engi and medical
    Haha, "Gatekeeping", haha. Oh no, no, no, I won't allow you play Survivor, you are not worthy, I will gatekeep this role from you. Stop listening to the "alt-man", or else it will harm your mental health like it now did a little. Nowhere I have advocated for removing survivor in this thread (or in any to my memory, but it could happen in like past years once), please, quote me where I'm "gatekeeping" your ass from playing survivor and not just saying survivor should stay in the same spot as he is. If you find and provide that quote, I will apologise, if you won't find it, I will call you a "Moron listening to leafman" from that point.

And you know what better you can do that will actually impact survivor? Go to gitlab and revert endurance nerf for survivor. Thats super easy, just copy-paste old code, or just change one variable. Then you will be at mercy of devs, not meanie gatekeeping cabal of CABAL, or glorious god emperor of marinekind Feweh.
    Oh, maybe they will ignore your little merge request? Or straight up strike it down, those gatekeeping bastards.

I shouldn't even bother responding to this post besides: I never said "remove survivors".
    But somebody has to (haha "gate")keep you youngsters from Feweh for things he did were far worse for CM than one million of my posts would be even close to achieve. Ask your pal, as a young player, what things made him a lowly "just another player" from his high-ranking staff position.
    Last edited by CABAL; 01-24-2022 at 08:22 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cabal spittin fax survs should be doo doo fart they are literal colonist waaah waaah pencilpushing babies and not trained marines LOL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is the simple request of 'This combat-focused role shouldn't get 1tapped at range by T1s' causing such hostility?

What survivor pissed in your cereal, dude.
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.

The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyShibata View Post
    Why is the simple request of 'This combat-focused role shouldn't get 1tapped at range by T1s' causing such hostility?

What survivor pissed in your cereal, dude.
    And you know what better you can do that will actually impact survivor? Go to gitlab and revert endurance nerf for survivor. Thats super easy, just copy-paste old code, or just change one variable. Then you will be at mercy of devs, not meanie gatekeeping cabal of CABAL, or glorious god emperor of marinekind Feweh.
    Oh, maybe they will ignore your little merge request? Or straight up strike it down, those gatekeeping bastards.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm an ex surv main / robust survivor and I think I have a say in the matter. lol dont play surv they nerfed them for 0 reason. I have a basically a 30% survival rate (which is on the high end) and they decided to nerf us into the ground??? makes 0 fucking sense. I have to go back up to the ship to get re-armed and for what? Being a slightly better PFC? its complete retardation. throw these balance changes in with the m39. just complete xeno main malding nerfs

You're the delusional one if you think that a survivor is even 1/4th as effective as a spec. Who do you play as by the way? Oh you want it to be a secret? Seems like we got a never player guys. He definitely understands balance : )

You're the delusional one if you think that a survivor is even 1/4th as effective as a spec. Who do you play as by the way? Oh you want it to be a secret? Seems like we got a never player guys. He definitely understands balance : )

Quote Originally Posted by derpymcderpderp View Post
    cabal spittin fax survs should be doo doo fart they are literal colonist waaah waaah pencilpushing babies and not trained marines LOL!!!

Oh you want to talk about lore? Ridley is an untrained space trucker who kills the queen and shitloads of xenos over the marines that land and die. Buff survs guys : )
    Last edited by ObsidianCrow; 01-24-2022 at 02:54 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok didn't talk about lore cope harder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derpymcderpderp View Post
    ok didn't talk about lore cope harder