Their BYOND Key
    SolidFury7
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10:40 CT
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the rules
    Remain Professional, no matter what happens
    Description of the incident
    Noticed the same person - Rosie Josensteel spamming *quill in dchat for the second round in a row, decided to ahelp it.
    Ahelp went unnoticed despite several staff members online and at least one talking in dchat. I waited 5 minutes then ahelped again, because the spam continued without any changes and the first one still wasn't marked. Got issued a warning several seconds after for "abusing the ahelp system".

Had to get my information by pinging the staff member on discord as staff in question has neglected to inform me what the warning was for, leading to me understanding it as spam being fine. The original ahelp has also gone unmarked till the round ended and I had to once again, ask on discord whether it was actually resolved. I was told it was but im unsure seeing as the spam continued until the server restarted.

I dont mind staff being afk or otherwise busy, but if they're clearly there and typing in dchat while an easy ahelp's sitting for 5 minutes near round end, then thats problematic.
    And if they're handling stuff they should mark the ahelp properly and explain what are the warnings for if they're unrelated to reasons specified in the automatic message.
    I also dont want to be told to "join staff" on discord if I want to see stuff resolved because the existing staff members dont feel like doing anything. You tell people to ahelp and then this happens. Come on.
    Makes me unwilling to use the ahelp function altogether if 3 admins cant handle a single spammer that's been at it for 2 rounds and then act like being called "clowns" in a repeated ahelp makes everything okay.
    EvidenceWhat resolution are you seeking?
    The staff in question is far from new so a reminder that they should mark ahelps and give proper explanation to issued warnings.
    Possibly a warning regarding professional behavior for telling players to "join staff" if they want to see things resolved. (this would have been fine had there been no staff online, but with 3 admins being present its rather rude in a "do it yourself" kinda way).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were warned for referring to staff as "Clowns" in an ahelp however it's an automated warning, and it's not anything that goes in your notes. Seriously you may get mad, but just referring to us as clowns in an ahelp is just wrong, you would be getting angry if a a staff member was calling you a clown in a non joking manner directly to you. As no official action was taken against you, this is not a violation of any protocols.

Also the *quill issue was handled.

2022/01/23: [11:52:28]ADMIN: PM: FortyPercent/(Nikishawa Rickshaw)->/(): Mind stopping the *quill spam?
    2022/01/23: [11:52:41]ADMIN: PM: /(Rosie Josensteel)->FortyPercent/(Nikishawa Rickshaw): Wrong person I assume?
    2022/01/23: [11:53:11]ADMIN: PM: /(Rosie Josensteel)->FortyPercent/(Nikishawa Rickshaw): Uhh, not sure why it says quilling when I move
    2022/01/23: [12:00:02]ADMIN: PM: FortyPercent/(Nikishawa Rickshaw)->/(Rosie Josensteel): Still happeneing. Can you figure out on which movement it happens?
    2022/01/23: [12:01:02]ADMIN: PM: /(Rosie Josensteel)->FortyPercent/(Nikishawa Rickshaw): Arrow down and I think only when observing or as ghost.. I switched input settings mode to "Send to chat" removing the hotkey mode stuff altogether from game preferences character edit menu
    It was an error with macros and they fixed the issue

Also, if you have an issue with out of game behavior IE discord, DM forest or the staff member's manager to report it.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-23-2022 at 08:59 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids