User Tag List

Thread: ChainsawMullet - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ChainsawMullet - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    ChainsawMullet
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    HEX/Hylla Greene/John 'John Halo'/Lob 'Slob' Bob/etc.
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    h.#9321
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    No bancode.
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    None
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Not sure
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    DS13 on rare occasions.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I have never been banned on any server besides CM13.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    "Head staff have decided that your attitude in this discord is no longer tolerable. Following from your previous ban you must appeal this on the forums."
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    The sentiment from my previous appeal is largely the same, I wish for my Discord ban to be lifted as I am finding genuine enjoyment in the game again and wish to interact with people I otherwise cannot due to the ban. However, I'd like to clarify some things that I failed to convey properly in my previous appeal:

- It was not my intention to blame people for being offended by me, my intention was to state that, because people were genuinely offended, it meant I was overstepping boundaries without realising it, which is a failure on my part and not theirs.

- My original appeal for this ban (10/05/2021) has no genuine sentiments in it, and I'm only linking to it because I'm required to, nothing written there is anything beyond petty jabs at Soldier that he and I later resolved between us.

As for everything else that was written in the response to my previous appeal, "what's going to be different?"

I have no intentions of involving myself in drama, both because I've really stopped caring about it, and because it's just not worth it anymore. The only thing involvement in drama has ever gotten me on CM is some justified bans, and some odd rumours about my history on the server and mistaken statements about my council terms. So really, nothing good.

I cannot deny that my history in the Discord serves as an example for keeping me out of the Discord permanently, and there's no way for me to prove to anyone that things will be different, so all I can do is keep asking for the chance to prove it.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assigned for discord staff review.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You show improvement ingame. I see you discussing topics rather than going "MP bad". I see you making efforts to clean up your behavior. You've been putting care into your RP.

You show improvement on the forums. You've remained professional when discussing with staff and defended your side without becoming over emotional. You've been keeping the forum rules in mind.

For these reasons, a small majority of Discord Staff and Volunteers think you deserve a second chance. We are cautiously optimistic that you can improve, as many have, and not immediately fall back on old habits and attitudes.

To that end, you will be put on a 1-month probation starting today. You will be denied access to #last-round-chat, #shitposting and #general-discussion. We want to see how you productively interact with others, so this month will be your opportunity to do so.

If you revert to your old attitude and fail, you prove that we were wrong to have hope in you, and you strengthen the case of "once a rulebreaker, always a rulebreaker" for all other players. You get banned from discord for 6 months without appeal for wasting staff's time.

If, however, you show you can adapt, stay civil, and be a positive influence on CM? You prove the doubters wrong. You make the case that it's worth giving rulebreakers second chances. You convince a few staff members that "hey, this experiment works, maybe we should try it on other members and give them chances too". In turn, you improve Player-Staff relationships slightly. You contribute to policy discussions, help fix some broken parts of CM, maybe help transform it into an actually fun game.

Every time you post, think about which of these two futures you are moving towards.

Appeal Accepted.