Your Character Name?
    War
    Their BYOND Key
    SolidFury7
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10:00am
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power
    - This should go without saying, but abusing your power as staff can - and will - result in swift punishment.

Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - Do not try to heavily influence the game unless it is for very good reasoning such as for an event, a player purposefully holding up the game, dishing out punishment for rule breaking (Examples: a commander killed a marine unjustly, a squad of marines are killing other marines for no reason, a queen is slashing every host known to man, aliens have stacked too many huggers) or other such things.
    Description of the incident
    CL writes on piece of paper, calling for help. PMCs show up and save him, then there's a PMC handler and 10 greenos, then there's also freelancers sent.

Solidfury was one of the "event" characters as well, which I believe is a rule break in and of itself. Staff isn't allowed to be in their own hosted events.

He was also uninformed about the way tamed hive works and believed that she could "turned tame against the marines" if she just gibbed the handler, therefore making sending a swarm of tamed + handler, a regular PMC ERT, and freelancers okay without giving any warning at all to the xenos.

This ERT spam heavily influences the round for no other reason than Queen made the mistake of not chasing a civilian all around the ship because if she doesn't a staffer might feel like slapping her & the xenos with multiple ERTs if she doesn't hurt the CL immediately & with extreme prejudice.
    Evidence
    Logs & Ahelp
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Stop the ERT/Nuke spam constantly railroading the rounds because the CL writes on a piece of paper.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiChii View Post
    Staff Report
    Your BYOND Key
    ChiChii
    Date of Incident
    January 25, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    War
    Their BYOND Key
    SolidFury7
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10:00am
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power
    - This should go without saying, but abusing your power as staff can - and will - result in swift punishment.

Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - Do not try to heavily influence the game unless it is for very good reasoning such as for an event, a player purposefully holding up the game, dishing out punishment for rule breaking (Examples: a commander killed a marine unjustly, a squad of marines are killing other marines for no reason, a queen is slashing every host known to man, aliens have stacked too many huggers) or other such things.
    Description of the incident
    CL writes on piece of paper, calling for help. PMCs show up and save him, then there's a PMC handler and 10 greenos, then there's also freelancers sent.

Solidfury was one of the "event" characters as well, which I believe is a rule break in and of itself. Staff isn't allowed to be in their own hosted events.

He was also uninformed about the way tamed hive works and believed that she could "turned tame against the marines" if she just gibbed the handler, therefore making sending a swarm of tamed + handler, a regular PMC ERT, and freelancers okay without giving any warning at all to the xenos.

This ERT spam heavily influences the round for no other reason than Queen made the mistake of not chasing a civilian all around the ship because if she doesn't a staffer might feel like slapping her & the xenos with multiple ERTs if she doesn't hurt the CL immediately & with extreme prejudice.
    Evidence
    Logs & Ahelp
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Stop the ERT/Nuke spam constantly railroading the rounds because the CL writes on a piece of paper.
    Considering that I explained this to you after the round in PMs, it appears that you've made a rather disingenuous report in areas, specifically what I sent and why.

First of all, I was online due to a lack of staff but I was mostly looking into two specific bugs at the time, as I had been all morning/afternoon, when it came to my attention that the CL had a large number of well-made faxes and no responses, I decided to give him some responses. When Hijack occurred, I decided due to the RP, to randomize the ERT slightly earlier than normal. This is essence was the distress signal but a few seconds earlier. So, the first ERT was a randomised distress signal sent after hijack had been announced, which was to replace the normal one. By sheer chance, it was PMCs. I made a comment about the sheer luck of it aligning with the CLs fax in staff chat.

PMCs were told to extract the CL, which they did rather well despite the Xenos landing nearby, focusing on extracting the CL.

Considering they completed their mission and returned to the ERT station successfully with not one individual getting hit, lost or "accidentally" wandering off, they were given additional assistance in the same style which can be summonded from the CIC. Rather than send more PMCs, which is arguably the strongest ERT. I sent the Xeno Handler ERT because I was aware that they mostly consisted of tier ones and tier 2s, I also thought it would be a chance to give the Xenos a chance to turn the tide with the (what I know now is removed) ability to gib the ERT leader.

When the assistance ERT was sent, it consisted of mostly drones and lurkers and I believe 5-6 of them were not taken and/or AFK.

The "Succesful mission" distress call team, were given the okay to head back to the ship after some time had passed as it became apparent that the XRT really didn't have many players.

Now regarding the fact you believe I authorised the XRT to adminbus myself, I actually was testing three separate things which logs will show. I replicated a prior reported bug that prevented slashing of any kind within the UI, this will be shown with two/three pounces before I disconnect twice(?) before managing to fix it and slashing a xeno twice before ironically being FFed low and being killed by something I can't recall. The second time I took a drone due to realizing that one of the T2 lurkers evolved in to a T3, which I believe isn't supposed to be a thing as they lack a Queen, which I investigated, which will be corrasponded by logs as I do nothing, not even weed, while I spoke to deadchat about the neat (but removed) gibbing mechanic, which I was informed was no longer in and tested that also by gibbing the KIA handler and realizing it was no longer a mechanic, which I expressed openly that I was unaware of the change and that it was a shame.

So, the only thing I will really concede is the fact that I was unaware of the removal of one obscure mechanic which is very rarely used and tested, and potentially missing another staff member sending Freelancers, if that occurred?

TLDR - Distress Signal ERT was a tiny bit earlier, to give CL some RP, for his lovely fax work, and a barely 1/2th filled (and purposefully selected weak) ERT was sent after breaching, as PMCs did very well.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 02-04-2022 at 01:02 PM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to pull this since it's been sitting here for awhile.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the delay, we've all been quite busy. Somenerd plans to resolve this in around 24-36 hours, provided nothing gets in the way.
    I can withdraw it for you, unless you'd rather wait until then?
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    naw its fine, his reasoning seems better than what I initially thought plus that's a loooong time

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Report withdrawn
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids