Superreallycoolguy Forest2001
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    aprox 5:00 pm CST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    3. Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server

1. Do not abuse your power

other?
    Description of the incident
    I late Joined as the CO of the round as my alt Canton Vandervork and was BE'ed by Forest.

I had the day previously already experimented with RPing him as a Mildly eccentric UA Colonial Governor/CO who spoke in old english terms and verbiage. He ofc was of sound mind and didn't think himself a knight or ever claim such things, merely used old english terms. I played a couple rounds and the crew for the most part seemed to play along and enjoy or, just ignore the gimmic. It was also met with little issues and no major hindrances to the round occured (to my knowledge) instructions were give clear enough and orders were able to be followed. No admin felt the need to comment

Then Today after a few rounds as my normal char. I swapped to vandervork and late joined as the CO to give another run at the gimmic. To my knowledge no major issues occured as a result until late in the round. At that point I went AFK briefly to pee, and when I returned Forest and Karl had spawned themselves in as a General and Lt. Cnl. and IC demanded I drop the act. I ofc in an attempt to stay IC, insisted it was no act and that I was raised speaking in such a manner, and they threated to kill me or stop. During which marines lost the front as CIC at this point had more or less stopped most functions and were paying attention to the drama going on. I then offered my mateba as good faith and insisted it was no act. At which point Forest Explosive Matebaed me and Karl took control of the ship. Forest then left, and Karl BEed an MP who attempted to arrest him for killing me before exiting the Almayer.

We held a Short discussion in Ahelps after he(forest) despawned. As I said in the Ahelps as well, I will say it again here I understood his reasons. And I stand by them, I can see why he may have felt I should tone it down. Though I do disagree to a point and argue it was a gimmic still within good taste of the CO guidelines, I mean Windhealer can say "Red tribe go unga real hard and scalp the Xendingos" I think Its well within reason for me to call marines Peasents, though I may undertsand a gripe about me calling the OB a catupult

I would like to say that a simple ping with a "Tone down the old english" or something of that nature would have been more reasonable than threating the commander IC and causing an abrupt disruption in CIC leading up to it.
    Evidence
    logs
    What resolution are you seeking?
    A warning? I mean, Forest is one of the admemes I like a bit more and is usually fairly reasonable

Honestly I just felt the situation was handled poorly, and that threating to, and then exploding me IC was unnecessary, when 2 seconds spent saying "can you talk a little more normal" would have sufficed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CMP this round and was witness to this event, just want to submot my point of view.

Was maybe my third round with this quaint character as my superoor officer, I was actually really enjoying the dynamic as it felt refreshing and pretty funny. At no moment did it go through my mind that he wasn't sound of mind, just acceptably peculiar. His manner of speaking and eccentrict personalities didn't negatively affect the operation or command staff's functioning, and as I recall it, everyone in CIC was really engaged in this and we were having a blast.

With the already-set precedent of almost-caricaturesque Native American, Japanese and Russian characters who have wildly alternative mannerisms to say the least, such a reaction (barging in CIC, interrupting their operations and threatening to kill MPs if they didn't leave the area) was very offputting.

My point: there's no precedent for this. Using different names for things, being snobby and arrogant (referring particularly to a certain CO councillor who also took part in this with those last two adjectives), are not and should not be punishable. The execution was, in my view, out of pocket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry for typos am on my phone ������

Commanding Officer Council Member Superreallycoolguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I was the council member alerted for this when brought up. I can sum this up as the council being upset at you. I am sorry this had to be IC as the council was very slow to respond to the first instance of your character. So as the only available council member, with forest on hand it was decided you would get an IC-intervention as some sort of "way out" or to get the picture through your head that your character is not acceptable for this whitelist.

Your character was so verbosely offensive in my eyes to the council, and now that other councilors have finally responded, they seem to agree. As a CO it is your job to set a tone for the setting, have clear-cut communication, and uphold the standard of roleplay for our server. Canton Vanderbork did not do any of this. Before you say "BUT WINDHEALER!!!!"...windhealer keeps his gimmick in check by using non-complex announcements and actually generally seeming like a real recruited Native American War Chief hired by the USCM. His gimmick ends at "blue tribe, red tribe, XENdingo".

Your character's announcements were not in line of what we find acceptable using terms such as: trebuchet for the OB, pagans for xenos, and I think you used the term vassal for your marines.

(EX: [17:58:59]ANNOUNCEMENT: 4hands44/(Canton Vandervork) has announced the following: the pagans have moved to west of Tfort)

This is unacceptable, I probably missed more announcements of the sort. If I had to look up a few of the meanings of your words, you know it is more or less out of line.

I am going to refer to our own guidelines here now:

"Commanding Officer standards are above that of an average Marine, officer or XO. The rule of thumb is that COs must act and behave like high-ranking military officers. Tomfoolery, immaturity, and incompetence will not be tolerated and may be grounds for punishment."

"All Captains are high-ranking, college-educated, competent, senior military officers. You should not act like a casual happy-go-lucky Private, an idiot, or otherwise act incompetently"

"All Captains are mentally stable. Mental insanity is a violation of these guidelines and acting insane or mentally unwell is grounds for punishment."

While I admit the last one is slightly far-fetched but I would question the mental sanity of a man talking like he is a medieval knight. You played as a governor who was apparently a Major in the military part of a dynasty or something. When me and Forest confronted you, we were a bit patient, we gave you such time to cut the act or speak normally. When intervention happens IC, it doesn't always mean its a "nonrelated event", as a CO you should take a General showing up seriously, as well as if a councilor is in tow with him.

[18:12:46]SAY: Charles Edwinson : Major Vandervork, are you 700 years of age?
    [18:13:15]SAY: Charles Edwinson : You are not a feudal lord, nor are we in the 15th century.
    [18:14:08]SAY: Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz : SPEAK LIKE AN OFFICER
    [18:14:12]SAY: Charles Edwinson : I don't give two shits about your governership. You are not a 15th century knight runn (the thing cut off)
    [18:14:21]SAY: Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz : This isn't the fucking duchy of united america
    [18:14:27]SAY: Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz : This is the united states colonial marine corp
    [18:14:46]SAY: Charles Edwinson : Educated would mean you listen and obey the instructions of your commanding officer.
    [18:14:51]SAY: Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz : Don't Sir me, apologize to the god damn general
    [18:14:59]SAY: Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz : Cut your act off
    [18:15:03]SAY: Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz : Or ill throw you back to officer school
    [18:16:09]SAY: Charles Edwinson : The UA does not educate it's governers to act as feudal knights.

These was a few of the logs that we had pulled when the council overlooked the intervention, I would say we fairly gave you blatant notice that we were unpleased with your character's gimmick. At one point I literally said, "cut your act off". You are an officer that attended college (a mandatory thing for officers), competent, and senior. Your unwillingness to acknowledge this was the reason you were BE'd because it was clear that you were not fully getting the picture we were trying to tell you. There is a point of trying to remain in your character but a point where IC is trying to make an OOC point. I would have even been more content if you kept your bit up but agreed to leave the operation by order of the general, then I would have talked to you later. As for the comment for my "snobbiness and arrogance", Karl Walz is a shithead who demands perfection of the officers under his command, he's an egotistical narrsicist. But also, I was more upset I even had to address this as I take pride in my spot on the council, the reason of me being very aggressive against the MPs was the fact that the CMP told the MPs to watch us carefully, MP Laurencia Beck kept questioning the general (who eventually tried to arrest the general and was BE'd). With MPs not being looked on fondly, shadowing staff intervention, I really did not want to deal with arrest-happy MPs.
    I Play Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz
    CO Council Member, Discord Is Dargus#4831, DM Your CO Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superreallycoolguy View Post
    But also, I was more upset I even had to address this as I take pride in my spot on the council, the reason of me being very aggressive against the MPs was the fact that the CMP told the MPs to watch us carefully, MP Laurencia Beck kept questioning the general (who eventually tried to arrest the general and was BE'd). With MPs not being looked on fondly, shadowing staff intervention, I really did not want to deal with arrest-happy MPs.
    Sorry, what? I didn't order anyone to watch you carefully. Beck told me that the Brigadier General didn't have the authorization to perform BEs in our ship, to which I responded that as Admiralty/General Staff, he very much did. Never did I order anyone to watch you carefully and after explaining the issue to Beck, I peaced out and asked her not to get herself killed.

Beck's BE was fine. The initial hostility and defensiveness was uncalled for as we weren't (all of us except Beck) trying to antagonize you. Nobody was gangstalking you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Commanding Officer standards are above that of an average Marine, officer or XO. The rule of thumb is that COs must act and behave like high-ranking military officers. Tomfoolery, immaturity, and incompetence will not be tolerated and may be grounds for punishment."

He never walked around wearing a inappropriate clothes for a CO, never broke a guideline beyond of course those you claim he broke, which is the matter of debate and acted in a sane manner of a man of his station, never once stepping out of line in that regard. Never gave a stupid order like toss away guns and use swords, or form pike squares. Just called marines peasents, xeno's pagan and used terms of old english to refer to his officers and arms. Acting as a person of dignified stature with the maturity of such. He didnt even act like some lump of a noble feasting on a throne passively ordering his men or something. Just a fairly generic CO, who happened to speak in old english. I would have far more understood the anger if he'd fit more this category of "medieval CO" But calling enemies "pagans" or a CMP the "sheriff" are still fairly easy to follow, since its clear, one is an enemy, and the other a lawman

"All Captains are high-ranking, college-educated, competent, senior military officers. You should not act like a casual happy-go-lucky Private, an idiot, or otherwise act incompetently"
    College educated...This man spoke with a more complex lexicon that 90% of the crew... Made no ignorant Command decisions beyond the capacity of an ablebodied adult. and never stooped to any degree of stupidity such as saying the earth were flat or that the UA was a monarchy. and Ofc.... he behaved with fair respect to a superior within reason, even attempting- until forest knocked him to the ground... to offer his sidearm and make an apology/offer.... Never ignored chain of command or operations in undue manner, and also attempted to fix the OB when it bugged out. and of course, had I even encountered a point where the crew showed signs of being unable to understand him, I most certainly would have clarified and toned it down (of which no issue that wasnt cleared up before I needed to do anything occurred to my knowledge). The Characturistic "old english" was kept to a fairly reasonable level, and I tried to use terms that clearly would fit whatever was being described. If anything the OP only started to have issues after your arrival, at which point the round ground to a halt, and marines were massacred as CIC was held at gunpoint.

He wasnt for example quixotic, or demanding marines to carry bladed weapons exclusively, never played dumb to the concept of firearms or demand anything beyond a verbal gimmic. And honestly.... calling Xeno's Pagans? I dont quite see how that may be worth griping about when it's fairly clear they ARE NOT, the marines and thus can be fairly inferred to have been the enemy regardless of if you know the actual meaning of the word. But ofc, a simple "tone down the Old english" would have been a far more reasonable response as Ive said previously.

"All Captains are mentally stable. Mental insanity is a violation of these guidelines and acting insane or mentally unwell is grounds for punishment."
    He never Claimed anything a person of (current date) would not. No claiming to be a feudal lord, nor ignorance of current events, tech or otherwise. Would more than happily have provided a date, ect. Nor was he ever meant to be considered mad. Despite your personal takes.

As for "Taking the Arrival of a General Seriously" I did in my best efforts try to do so in a believable fashion, arguing against the idea it were an act: which it wasn't the point wasn't for him to be acting, but rather a person of the 22nd century raised speaking in such a manner. Its not as though I mocked the Gen. , rather insisted he was making a crazy demand since it was "how he spoke" and was threating to kill him for the manner of his speaking, which is a really really really... outlandish threat, even compared to a guy who's speaking old english in the 22nd century if you're seeking to keep an IC setting.
    Then add on top of that the same general Menacing the entire CIC with the same weapon the whole time(though I can understand the ire towards the MPs as yes... they were pushing it...), and frankly he himself and his subordinate seem more unhinged in the situation.

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs are here. If I missed something, let me know here or on the discord and I'll add it!

Example of 4hands44s announcements:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Initial interaction, after 4hands44 comes back from being ssd for a moment:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Goes on like this a bit, then we get to the Execution:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp and conversation
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As requested by 4hands44, additional reactions to the interaction on the CIC:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Report is being accepted. Forest has been spoken to about how he could have handled the situation better so in the future something like this doesn't happen again.