User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UntoldTactics - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Story was a bit all over the place to be honest, but I see you put in the effort and not everyone is a great writer, myself included. I see you tried to include the quirk into the story, but not enough for me to gauge how you would do it IC. The quirk itself is not bad, it could lead to something interesting.

Jasmine 'Life' Rose rings a bell, but I mostly only see you as a spec or some other combat role. Didn't really strike me as the RP type, but that might just be from lack of interaction with you.

How would you ICly show the emotion fear? Make up a ingame scenario that could happen, or show me the /me's, or something alike.
    How would you ICly show the emotion anger?

Neutral for now.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    Story was a bit all over the place to be honest, but I see you put in the effort and not everyone is a great writer, myself included. I see you tried to include the quirk into the story, but not enough for me to gauge how you would do it IC. The quirk itself is not bad, it could lead to something interesting.

Jasmine 'Life' Rose rings a bell, but I mostly only see you as a spec or some other combat role. Didn't really strike me as the RP type, but that might just be from lack of interaction with you.

How would you ICly show the emotion fear? Make up a ingame scenario that could happen, or show me the /me's, or something alike.
    How would you ICly show the emotion anger?

Neutral for now.
    Well, nickname is Unstable to start off with, oof.

Well there's no particular scenario for my quirk, every round I plan to have Ian as a blank slate, with basic definitions and expressions. If Ian needed to show fear near the round start, he would have a pre-loaded expression of fear, and would instead of emulating state he is scared in a monotone voice. But later on in the round this may differ, let's say Ian is kidnapped by a warrior and brought to the queen, and sees a marine yelling in fear "No stop! Don't! Stop it you lizard!" as a drone brings a facehugger to him he would note down and associate fear with denial. So if let's say a warrior decides to rip his head off a few minutes later, he would instead of saying I am scared, would probably repeat "Please do not remove my head" now the quirk gets a bit difficult when it comes to voices, but the same principle applies, he will learn in a round the different sounds of emotions, the voice pattern changes in fear, anger, happiness.
    So it depends when Ian is made to display these emotions, and also if he observed examples of emotions.

For anger it would be the same, let's say a marine decides to scream at the RO for 'MUH ATTACHIES' Ian would associate screaming with anger. If he was to show anger before learning such, he would state he is angry, but his voice would of been monotone. After an event like this, let's say a marine pushes him around whilst he is trying to make a barricade, he would scream "I AM ANGRY" with a pre-loaded expression of anger. This is only one example, as Ians understanding of emotions will change every round with the observations of emotions. In part this is how the quirk works, because of the ability to misunderstand definitions of emotions and displays of emotions, Ian can attempt to but will eventually fail to emulate an emotion like most synthetics, and may be in a funny way. Just to make sure the point is across, let's say a marine tells Ian when he is angry he punches the nearest wall. If in a situation Ian was made to express anger later he would proceed to a wall, and then /me begins to punch the Reinforced Wall weakly, before speaking out in a monotone voice "I am angry"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now that you expanded a bit on the quirk, I think I may have misunderstood it. I can't see this working very well IC, if at all.

I mistook you for someone else, so I haven't seen you in game, my bad.

If you get denied, I suggest you write a more structured story and go over it a couple of times or have someone proofread it. Find a quirk that translates better to actual gameplay and grind out some doctor/engineering, so you become a recognizable face. Best of lucks, but its a -1.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The story wasn't very well written, and neither was the application's spelling or syntax.

Your reputation as a player is ok but I can't remember anything in particular about you, and I see you sometimes in Discord, though I never have a chance to talk any shit with you.

The damning part of this application is that your quirk is autism, and I get enough of that from marines. -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although i'm sure this could be a fun quirk to RP with, I personally don't see it being used with a synthetic. The idea of a synthetic with social anxiety doesn't seem like something you'd see, especially the part in how it never learns fully. Your story didn't really garner my attention either, and I lost interest a little ways in. I haven't played much in a few days, but I also don't really recognize you, whether it's timezones or not. Either way, I don't think I can give this a +1, so i'll be dropping a -1.

As Vampmare stated, play a few more roles that would stick out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't convinced to begin with, but held off on giving the -1 straight away to see if you could sway me. Ultimately, though, you haven't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oddly it took 1 person giving you a -1 for a lot more to show up.

Jasmine I�ve seen your character around so I can at least vouch that you are pretty competent at your marine roles.
    However the synthetic quirk I just honestly don�t find will work in a given round.
    As a current synthetic who plays most days a lot of rounds are quite fast paced. The way I treat it is really a �move quickly or die quickly� mode. So a quirk that requires a lot of time doesn�t seem to work really well.

I have also been under the assumption our synths are supposed to be unable to feel �real� emotions, but the quirk seems fine by the a few council members. Though others have seemed unconvinced.

I�m going to stay neutral on this
    Apologies and good luck next time if you are denied.
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    Now that you expanded a bit on the quirk, I think I may have misunderstood it. I can't see this working very well IC, if at all.

I mistook you for someone else, so I haven't seen you in game, my bad.

If you get denied, I suggest you write a more structured story and go over it a couple of times or have someone proofread it. Find a quirk that translates better to actual gameplay and grind out some doctor/engineering, so you become a recognizable face. Best of lucks, but its a -1.
    Pretty much this and what others said. -1
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your quirk feels more like a gimmick than an actual quirk. Why would a Synth like that ever be produced and why would a synth like that be working on a Military Ship of all things? Quirks aren't just about being different, it's about how you use specific means to enhance roleplay. Think about this if you want to make a new application in the future.