Redted54321

Marine Name
    Khalif "Mike" Jordan

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Phineas

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Salesman with a slight affiliation with W-Y (but as per the rules obviously aligned to USMC goals).

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I honestly enjoy CM from a roleplaying perspective, I would not consider myself a “robusto” marine in any sense of the term. I primarily derive enjoyment from playing shipside roles. I see synthetics and whitelist roles as the main carriers/maintainers of roleplay standards among the player base - although they are still some players that do hold themselves to a higher RP standard and are not whitelist players.

Synthetic Character Story
    Hello please see see my story here, in Google Drive:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...u-_85nmy4/edit

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I have 204 hours playing time across all of the engineering roles. I have had opportunities to command a robust engineering department on occasions and know how to lead men in construction/maintenance of both the ship and the fob. From an ordnance tech perspective, I understand how to make most forms of explosives and also load/chamber the OB. I also have much experience as a squad engineer. When playing as part of the ground force, I default to Bravo, where I have also led fob construction from a SL position.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I have about 40 hours in command roles. I honestly prefer not to play in the XO role because at times I feel pressured to get results. I occasionally squad lead as Bravo, primarily directing and maintaining an orderly FOB. As a Staff Officer, I am familiar with Overwatch, OB and utilizing the Supply Drop commands. I also know maps enough to direct forces in the right direction. I also realize that the key area of command is ensuring the key right mix of communications, in terms of what and when to communicate. I also have some experience with MP, while not a command role, gives me a solid understanding of Marine Law and the ability to discern what is a lawful order. Finally as CE, I have at times led operations during lowpop - ultimately with mixed results.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I have around 88 hours in medical roles, primarily playing as a Doctor and or Nurse in this role. I admit to having limited time as Squad Medic but in the past have played as both FOB and APC Doctor.. I have enjoyed learning how to be a doctor and believe I can handle medical scenarios well. I have a strong understanding of correct surgical and triage procedures. I will admit to not having much research experience at this time.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I have 19 hours of playing time in Requisition roles and am familiar with and understand how/what to procure and when to drop certain supplies. Having spent time manning the line, I know what marines for the most part want.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    If returning a wounded marine from the frontline back to the FOB, I am allowed to protect myself but not pursue any attacker.

In the event of a hostile force boarding the Almayer, I may defend myself with lethal (unarmed/fire axe/telescopic baton) force, but ultimately would favor retreating to better render aid to marines.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I enjoy playing this game as a roleplayer and often find myself just playing shipside roles to add some spice for other players. Thanks for taking the time to read my application. If you have any questions, I am happy to answer them here or in discord. Also if curious, I primarily play in the Pacific Time Zone in the evenings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic gamer, likes to RP, is great at engineering. The quirk seems fun, though you're probably going to want to tune it back some because it'd just be annoying for you to stand there with 7 marines bleeding out going "Thank you valued customers of Weyland-Yutani brand medical aid:tm:, Today I will be applying a Weyland-Yutani brand bandaid to your forearm, this treatment was sponsored by Weyland-Yutani, building better worlds!" Glad to see you go from MP griefer to RP enjoyer +1
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big +1 vouch for him, when I started seeing him shipside I was always concerned if he was RP'ing or just that way, after a while I noticed how much game knowledge he has (and most importantly, using it to solve problems in a convenient way), along his devotion to keeping a consistent character.

I have no problems with the synth itself, but I want you to be aware that most of the time, long dialogue is hard to achieve in the fast paced gameplay and as C4x said, the quirk will likely be tuned down a bit on high stress situations that require you to be self-aware as to not be gimmicky. Story wise I like it, it could use with more subtle remarks such as "I trust the quality of those weapons", which could lead to further RP (mentioning they are W-Y made) if a marine decides to engage with you, instead of directly remarking on W-Y as to give it some variety on that salesman part of the quirk. A coupe of situations that you will find yourself often involved in:

1. You spawn as a survivor synth and notice a corporate liaison survivor nearby, how would you engage with them?
    2. It's lowpop, there is no req and only 1 medic, nobody is giving you orders what do you do?
    3. Marines are talking about the dangers of corporate / communism, how do you participate?

Personally I believe you have the skills and dedication required to be a synth, I feel the quirk fits the setting (could be great for events or RP opportunities) if done well and OOC you seem to be a serious player so no concerns on my part.
    Last edited by lcarapaica; 02-01-2022 at 08:25 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Appreciate the feedback and vouches from you both. I do agree that the dialogue would need to be a bit more concise when in hectic front line scenarios and work on adding flavor without just using W-Y as a boilerplate for rp purposes.

Regarding brad’s questions:

1) I know from reading the synth guidelines that Survivor Synth is a working joe and also free to affiliate with whatever faction they see fit. In this specific case, I would likely align myself with the CL/Company as it best fits with my quirk. Therefore I would ask the CL if I could render assistance to them in anyway while taking into consideration my own safety and self-preservation. For example if asked to chase down a xenomorph, I would refuse as this might lead me into an ambush and thus my own demise (on top of being against synth combat rules). I do have a question of my own though, if I survive and make it back to the Almayer, as a working joe, I would not be held to USMC and could pretty much go full on salesman yes?

2) In this case, I would consult the nearest crew monitor and based on my findings approach the most senior officer based on the chain of command. I would then proceed to inform them that they are the acting Commander by calling out for them over relevant channels and if no response physically make my way to where they are located on the ship. Per the overarching rules, I would then proceed to ask them for orders and if I notice that they are perhaps a newer player or inexperienced in command offer suggestions such as: Would you like me stationed at REQ as we currently lack staff? Once my work there is done shall I load the OB? Shall I deploy to the front and assist with medical duties or assist with fob construction. If the player is a known entity or acknowledges the initial comms call I would most likely just state that I am ready to assist in anyway possible and ask for orders.

3) As a USMC synthetic my loyalties lie solely with the USMC. I would mostly observe the banter between the marines and not particularly participate unless it begins to morph into potential violence against other crew or the CL. I might politely remind the marines to save themselves for the enemy. If insulted or mocked by the marines for such output, I would show restraint and perhaps utilize my quirk to stress that I believe in capitalist enterprise by offering the marines a discount on future goods in exchange for their compliance.

Hope these answers help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have played many a round with Khalif "Mike" Jordan. One of the best role players on the server. Bar none. Honestly, I figured he already had the synth WL. Massive +1 from me. The man knows the game and is a role player par excellence. GOOD LUCK MY MAN

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you as engineer a lot, so I know you've got that down. One question I do have is, how do you plan on playing out your quirk in game? Would you interact with survivors more, the CL perhaps, or try to get everyone in on some corporate fun?
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My good man Archibald, thank you for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    I see you as engineer a lot, so I know you've got that down. One question I do have is, how do you plan on playing out your quirk in game? Would you interact with survivors more, the CL perhaps, or try to get everyone in on some corporate fun?
    I do enjoy a good round in engineering. However, have mainly been focusing my playtime on squad medic.

Regarding your question. I would hope to be able to get everyone involved in corporate fun. I feel like limiting or prioritizing myself to interacting with Survivors or CL would severely hamper flexing of the RP muscle and also be dependent on the corresponding individuals reaction. I know that there is a general sense on the server that RP is not great right now, but I feel that one gets out what they put in and I have had many great RP interactions during my recent playing rounds. I currently strive to add flavor to each round and would ideally see this as a goal for Phineas to accomplish on top of excelling with their assigned duties.

Hopefully my answer is sufficient but happy to elaborate as need.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redted54321 View Post
    My good man Archibald, thank you for the kind words!

I do enjoy a good round in engineering. However, have mainly been focusing my playtime on squad medic.

Regarding your question. I would hope to be able to get everyone involved in corporate fun. I feel like limiting or prioritizing myself to interacting with Survivors or CL would severely hamper flexing of the RP muscle and also be dependent on the corresponding individuals reaction. I know that there is a general sense on the server that RP is not great right now, but I feel that one gets out what they put in and I have had many great RP interactions during my recent playing rounds. I currently strive to add flavor to each round and would ideally see this as a goal for Phineas to accomplish on top of excelling with their assigned duties.

Hopefully my answer is sufficient but happy to elaborate as need.
    That answer is good enough for me. I definitely agree with you. Can't expect to see roleplay if you aren't putting forth any yourself. I look forward to interacting with you in the future Phineas. +1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the vouch! I have been very busy with life both due to vacation followed by some pretty long work days so haven’t been as active in the last week+ but am looking to get back to CM for the remainder of this weekend.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application is accepted. You grinded medical for this and it did not go unnoticed.

Have fun dude!
    Synthetic Senator