Scorpii - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Scorpii

Marine Name
    Christian "Rock" Mooris

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Chris

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Synthetic Character Story
    As the dropship door lowers, dust billows into the cabin and coats everyone with a fine layer of dry, brown dust. The Marines raise the restraint bars and stack up to move onto the planet surface.

Each squad of Marines follow in column formation, one after another, in 3 meter intervals. As the last man steps out of the dropship, a final pair of boots steps off.

"Chris?" the Commander asks "Report In!"

"Mornin' Commander" Chris replies sternly "How can I help today on this fine, dusty mornin'?"

"The Marines are forming up inside the staging point at the coordinates I've taken the liberty of uploading to your PDA. Go there and meet up with the LT, he'll designate your taskings from there. CO, out." The transmission dies and all that is left now is the sound of the distant dropship's engines and the roaring wind of the God-forsaken dustball known as "Sander's Hope."

The automatic door slides open as Chris briskly walks through, fingers bent into a fist and moving with a sense of urgency. A small team of Marines huddles in the foyer area of the colony's reception center as Chris walks deeper into the building. Glistening on the collar of one of the Marines is a silver bar.

Chris throws up a salute as he approaches them. "Sir, Weyland-Yutani military assistance model 'Chris' report'n for duty, ready for more!"

The Lieutenant looks to Chris and looks him up and down from head to toe. "So you're the new android" he says. "The last one never saluted. Is that programming or..."

"Sir! I'm the meanest and most able-minded synthetic the Company can offer the Corps! Standing by for anything you have for me!" Chris shouts, his hand still and firm in his salute.

The Marines laugh.

"Sure buckethead" one of the Squad Leaders remarks "That don't make you as good as us, though."

Chris stares, "Tell that to me when I drag your sorry ass to a medic in the heat of combat."

The Marine scoffs. The Lieutenant finally salutes back to Chris. They lower their hands at the exact same speed. "Report to Alpha squad. They'll be making a push on the local CLF group that is holding out in the bar.

"Oorah, sir!" Chris says enthusiastically. Again, the Marines laugh.

Chris joins with Alpha just as they prepare to move out from the colony reception center. He passes a poster with the familiar Weyland-Yutani logo and its recognizable "Building Better Worlds" motto.

"Hey, you!" a Marine barks at Chris. He turns to face the voice and is greeted by a scarred, grisly Marine with three chevrons and a rocker. "Mornin' Staff Sergeant!" Chris barks back.

"Alright android! Go join the formation and make sure to follow us close! Bet the Corps paid plenty for your ass, wouldn't want to lose another one." the Squad Leader says.

"Paid enough to keep Marines alive, you can bet on that, Sarn't!" Chris barks. The Squad Leader scoffs.

Alpha's approach to the bar is uneventful. Bodies of Colonial Marshals with missing arms and legs are scattered around hastily built defenses. The dead bodies of civilians are clumped along the walkways throughout the colony.

One PFC vomit. "Come on Marine," Chris says as he tends to him.

"Let's get goin, don't want you to end up like them."

Alpha reaches the bar. Bravo is already engage with the CLF. Pulse rifles scream as they desperately attempt to suppress the CLF inside.

"ALPHA!" Bravo's lead screams, "MOVE AROUND BACK! WE GOT EM PINNED! SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLANK!"

Alpha's lead motions to move towards the back of the bar. Chris notices some of Bravo has wounded. "Sergeant, I'm seeing wounded among Bravo. Permission to assist?" he speaks into his radio.

"No go, Chris. Worry about Alpha for now. Medics should keep em stable til we get out of here. I'm going to need you if this breach gets messy."

"Affirm, forming back up." Chris says.

The Marines stack up on the back door of the bar. The door is locked. The Squad's Engineer plants a breaching charge on the wall.

"Alright Marines, breach in 10 seconds. I want no goddamn survivors! We're gonna frag and clear!"

As expected, the charge goes off in those 10 seconds. The PFC tasked with throwing the frag preps and throws the grenade.

"Frag ou - OH FUCK." A CLF rushes towards the squad with rifle blasting away. The PFC tries to throw the HEDP but drops it short amidst the panic. Chris rushes forward and pushes the PFC out of the way, taking a few rounds in the stomach. The PFC, with white blood spattered on his face. "Holy Fuck! You alright, man?" exclaims the PFC.

"Sure, never fuckin' better" Chris responds. "Would be better if you didn't chicken wing on us there."

Chris lifts the Marine and feels the wounds on his torso. "Fuck" Chris barks "Gonna need a new goddamned filtration system."

"MOVE UP! GET IN THERE!" the Squad Leader screams. The Marines fire their pulse rifles at the CLF soldier. His right arm and both legs are ripped from underneath his body. Chris spots a grenade in his hand, primed and ready. He rushes for the soldier and rips the grenade out of the dead rebel's hand, tossing it away from the Marines. Just as the gunfire begins to die down, a final shot echoes throughout the colony. A few seconds of silence follow until a cry is heard.

"MEDIC!" shouts a Marine.

Chris immediately rushes towards the source of the screaming and sees Alpha's Squad Leader on the ground of the bar, clenching a hole in his chest. Chris moves the crowding Marines aside as they try to save him. A Medic rushes over and assists Chris in attempting to treat him.

"IB" the Medic confirms. "And I don't have any QC."

The Squad Leader grasps Chris' hand. "You... you're a g-g-good fuckin' 'bot. You saved t-t-that boy's life a-an-and I-I...I..." The Marine goes limp. Chris stares into the dead, lifeless eyes of Alpha's SSG. He sighs and grips the dog tag of the fallen Squad Leader.

"Semper Fi, Marine" he says as he rips it off his chain.

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    A fairly new addition to Weyland-Yutani's Gen3 line of synthetic assistants, Chris is designed specifically towards the military sector of Weyland-Yutani interests.

Chris is programmed to suit the mission of the unit under his assignment, imbued with the customs and traditions as well as the jargon of his assigned branch of service.

Mostly specializing in quick-response Medical, Command and Engineering capabilities, Chris is programmed with a very extensive skillset also including Research and Scientific development and Post-Combat Behavioral Health Therapy.

Chris is always standing by for orders and always gets the job done for his Chain of Command!

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    Medical: Very Familiar. Frequent play as Medic/Doctor
    MT: Basic Familiarity. Have played MT a few times, but always aiming to improve
    Science/Research: Good Familiarity. Have played Researcher a fair bit
    SO/Command: I play Commander as often as I can so I have a pretty wide grasp of how to command
    Supply/Req: Good Familiarity. Requisitions I've also played a good amount or have had experience interacting as a Command Position

Why should we whitelist you?
    I have been on the server since roughly July of 2017. Since then, I have been whitelisted as CO for almost a year and a half. While I'm not as memorable as other players here, I always try to aim for the most fun experience whenever I'm in a leadership experience.

I want to be part of the Synth whitelist because I believe it will assist the crew of the Almayer through my dedication of my role as a Synth, my added RP value through my Synth's character and my honesty to always uphold server rules.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    I have never been banned

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your activity is a little low, but not non-existent. Good enough on that front, I guess.

I only vaguely recognise your name, although I suspect part of that is due to a difference in time zones.

The story could be longer and better written, but -- and this is a big 'but' -- it's full of dialogue and very focused on your character. I feel like I have a great sense of your quirk after reading it, which is exactly what I want from these short stories.

I'm sure someone else will come in here with the harder-hitting questions in a bit, but for now I'd say this merits a +1 right off the bat. Good luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicega View Post
    Your activity is a little low, but not non-existent. Good enough on that front, I guess.

I only vaguely recognise your name, although I suspect part of that is due to a difference in time zones.
    I dropped off a server for around a year due to real life.

I enlisted into the Army so that was the majority of my absence was initial training, which I feel also inspires my Synth and Marine characters is through that firsthand experience.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did he grab the dog tags of the SL?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Why did he grab the dog tags of the SL?
    Being the primary medical giver of the dead Squad Leader, I supposed it would make sense that he would take the dog tags for casualty accountability. I also tried to tie it into my story's overall theme of Chris being as close as a "marketable Marine android" that money can buy.
    Last edited by Scorpii; 02-21-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a few questions for ya.

1 - A mutiny is happening, marines are breaching into the CIC. What would Chris do?

2 - Why do you want to become a synthetic ?

3 - As the Synthetic Survivor, are you allowed to help the Xeno's faction?

4 - You're being ignored by the Command Staff, they won't give you anything to do, what would you do?

5 - What do you think about the Synthetic Role? Suggestions?
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    Got a few questions for ya.

1 - A mutiny is happening, marines are breaching into the CIC. What would Chris do?

2 - Why do you want to become a synthetic ?

3 - As the Synthetic Survivor, are you allowed to help the Xeno's faction?

4 - You're being ignored by the Command Staff, they won't give you anything to do, what would you do?

5 - What do you think about the Synthetic Role? Suggestions?
    1: Depends on the situation of the mutiny. Regardless, I feel I should not directly interfere in a mutiny situation unless I can ascertain what exactly is happening. If the mutiny is justified and supported under Marine Law, then I would assist the appropriate authority (the CMP, in a perfect case scenario) and follow the instructions by that appropriate authority.

2: I want to have a role that has all of the variety of jobs that I can be assigned to while also having an opportunity to have impacting role-playing with the crew of the Almayer. I want to be entertaining while also useful to the server. Command has its uses, but being the be-all role is a great way to bring more entertainment and utility to the ship.

3: No, as a Synthetic Survivor I am not allowed to help the Xenos even under threat of death/deactivation.

4: In the case of having no allocated task by the Command Staff, I will follow the chain of command for each department asking if any tasks would require my assistance. Again, if nobody says anything, I would keep trying to get a response until defaulting to the next available option which is to go to Medical and assist with triage or planetside and help with construction. I would leave independent tasking as a last option.

5: The Synthetic Role, I feel, is a valuable RP asset as well as a utility asset for the Marines. Sometimes, however, I feel that Synthetic players get caught up with the utility aspect and in their actions kind of sacrifice the quirk or personality of their synth temporarily. I try to keep the best of both worlds but everyone has their priorities.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna stay neutral on this and see what the other council members say.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is a nice read, your answers are good, and the quirk is truly interesting and unique. However some may say it makes your synth seem a bit too human, so in-game try to remember to put some emphasis on the robotic nature of your synth. For example like how you demonstrated in the story, "Gonna need a new goddamned filtration system." Things like that do a good job of making your character stand out a bit more like a synth.

1+

One small thing though, it's true that even if xenos threaten to kill you, you can't help them in ways that messes with the balance of the game, such as healing captured people so they don't die before bursting. However if you get captured/threatened you can, if you want to do things like moving bursted hosts or translating stuff. Basically things that are focused on making interesting roleplay rather than just buffing xenos.
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update for the Council.

I will be away from home from the 24FEB to 02MAR for training.

I will still have my phone and keeping an eye on the thread but responses will be a bit slower than usual.