User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scorpii - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    story isn't shabby, and you answered the questions decently. You seem rather... unrecognizable and I only slightly remember your Ckey in a few ahelps/ooc. now I know the forums are still slightly new so I wont hark on you for making your forum account the same month you made your app. Though I recommend getting more engaged in the community VIA forums and discord.

+1
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I did have an old forum account but it was wiped in the forum rewrite. I have been engaging more in the discord to have more say, especially in the commander whitelist

Sent via cellphone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Telecomms is down planetside. Name me 3 reasons as to why and how to fix them.

Explain to me how you would fortify Big Red telecomms or draw it.

A guy has IB planetside and he doesn't want to be evacuated. Give me two solutions to this problem.

Excuse these weird questions, but I'm just trying to gauge your engineering and medical skills.
    Last edited by Vampmare; 03-02-2019 at 07:08 AM.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've shown a great interest on Discord lately, especially towards the game. I can only hope you maintain this sort of momentum, for as long as the service you're a member of allows.

Your character's story shows a bit much on the emotional side for a synthetic, I'd recommend you tone it down a bit in the future. Overall reminiscent of kineem's synthetic Duke, and I think this could generally diversify the whitelist further than just "helper synths." It's different, and interesting to see.

You're an old boomer fuck of a player, with an ancient Commanding Officer whitelist, so I can only assume you've learned how to play the game since 2017. Gonna take a shot in the dark on this, just keep on bouncing on with Vampmare's questions.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    Telecomms is down planetside. Name me 3 reasons as to why and how to fix them.

Explain to me how you would fortify Big Red telecomms or draw it.

A guy has IB planetside and he doesn't want to be evacuated. Give me two solutions to this problem.

Excuse these weird questions, but I'm just trying to gauge your engineering and medical skills.
    1. Power is most likely disabled upon first arriving on the colony. Replacing the empty battery from the APC in the telecoms room should reactivate tcomms until power is restored. If the APC is broken, it will require fixing the APC with the wirecutters and screwdriver. The final reason would be that the APC is just blown up or destroyed which will require building a completely new APC placed in the same area of the "room" that telecoms is located

2. So, fortifying telecoms comes down to how early it is in the game. If its early game and the xenos have not melted down the walls or breached, I would only fortify the two hallways on the west and southern approaches to LZ1 with a single cade line with barbed wire and plasteel barrier. If xenos have breached, I would build that same line but build a forward line of cades along the breached hole/passageway to conserve metal. Wish I could draw it but not yet home

3. So for someone with IB that refuses to leave, I would immediately treat them with a dose of QC and tramadol to halt further damage received by the IB and to keep that Marine fighting. He would require constant attention to keep from going paincrit. If he becomes too much of a liability for his own good, i would immediately stasis bag the Marine and evacuate them through medevac or DS to be treated on the Almayer. This is going against his wishes but the care of a Marine to keep them combat ready and accomplish the missions overrides their "wants"

Sent via cellphone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sure +1.
    I was hoping you would mention a Bicaridine OD as an option for the IB one, but it will do.

EDIT:
    I've really been thinking this app over and with the lack of real feedback on actual ingame interactions. I have to change my vote.

Your answers to my questions were slightly lacking and with no one to back you up on ingame competence and combined with your lacking activity, I have a feeling you won't be up to par with what I consider the synth standard.

"Chris stares into the dead, lifeless eyes of Alpha's SSG. He sighs and grips the dog tag of the fallen Squad Leader.". I missed this line in my original read through, shame on me for being lazy, but this screams too much human. A synthetic can emulate emotions, but this reads as the synthetic being affected by the death of someone.

If you get denied. Read up on how a synthetic behaves. Up your ingame activity to become a known figure in support roles, mainly engineering and medical. -1
    Last edited by Vampmare; 03-05-2019 at 09:50 AM.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app, know tour ckey, know your character.
    Competent in any role I can think as you�re pretty active in my view. Aka I�ve seen you around and believe you are suited for synth.

Your answers are fine and I�m sure you can synth all good. Just remember to ask the more unknown questions you may not now before joining as a synth your first time in the synthetic discord.

+1 hope to see you around.
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading some of the feedback and re-reading your story a few times, I think i'm going to go with a +1. Although I haven't been active in a bit on the server, you do have a recognizable name after all, and you were prominent on the old forums. As Vamp had said, it seemed a bit too human, but the line after makes me think it was just his programming as a fake marine to do that. Good luck pal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I greatly appreciate all of the criticisms and support The Council has thus far given me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    Yeah, sure +1.
    I was hoping you would mention a Bicaridine OD as an option for the IB one, but it will do.

EDIT:
    I've really been thinking this app over and with the lack of real feedback on actual ingame interactions. I have to change my vote.

Your answers to my questions were slightly lacking and with no one to back you up on ingame competence and combined with your lacking activity, I have a feeling you won't be up to par with what I consider the synth standard.

"Chris stares into the dead, lifeless eyes of Alpha's SSG. He sighs and grips the dog tag of the fallen Squad Leader.". I missed this line in my original read through, shame on me for being lazy, but this screams too much human. A synthetic can emulate emotions, but this reads as the synthetic being affected by the death of someone.

If you get denied. Read up on how a synthetic behaves. Up your ingame activity to become a known figure in support roles, mainly engineering and medical. -1
    I can understand your criticisms on how I wrote the aforementioned scene. I will admit that I let my guard down as i wrote that scene and I do feel that I was a little too emotional in Chris's expressions.
    I wanted to emulate a more "authentic Marine" synth but I feel I went too far into the human side of the writing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the way you set up your story. It primarily focuses on your character and clearly defines the quirk, which is exactly what we all want to see, yet often isn't done in applications. It doesn't drag on and on which is a nice plus, but I have a few problems with it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Your synthetic acts very emotionally and that's probably one of the biggest no-nos that you can apply with. It's clearly written that your synthetic is not allowed to act emotionally or go against their programming, but the story has the synth actively display emotion in ways that can even be a little hostile towards USCM personnel. That's a big yikes from me. In addition there's a large amount of grammar- and some spelling- mistakes that could be caught with just a few proofreads. I don't know if English is your first language, so I won't really press you on that, but if it is your first language then it's a sign of laziness because they're pretty simple mistakes that would be caught by any native speaker in one read.

Your activity is pretty low. You first started playing in 2017 but you've only recently came back and haven't had the time to experience a lot of the newer changes to the game, and on top of that there is nobody who can really vouch for your skill as a player; you're kind of unknown. I checked your Discord history and it's very light, as well, with most of your messages having been sent in 2017.

Your response to Vampmare's questions are lackluster. You don't give him a whole lot of feedback or go into depth, just casually skimming over his questions when it was clear that Vampmare was looking for a clear, detailed answer.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Your responses to Vampmare show to me that you don't really know what you're doing, and this, in combination with how unknown of a player you are, highlights a serious issue with your skill as a player. You don't need to be highly competent, you just need to be decent, and it doesn't seem like you're capable of handling the basic components of the role.

There are too many mistakes on this application. You don't have much playtime and on top of that you're not that well known, and few people can vouch for your competency, your responses to the gameplay questions you were given demonstrate a lack of understanding on the basics of synthetic, and you don't seem to grasp the synthetic guidelines properly with your character's frequent acts of emotion and subtle hint of hostility.

You haven't even been playing much since you returned and the first thing you tried to do was make an application after being gone for around two years.

I think you have potential but you're not quite there yet. For right now you simply need to play more support.

Last edited by Kineem; 03-06-2019 at 06:04 AM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator