Wamakahana Windhealer
    Their BYOND Key
    Grimreaperx15
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    5:30PM AEST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    -Do not abuse your power.
    -Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - Do not try to heavily influence the game unless it is for very good reasoning such as for an event, a player purposefully holding up the game, dishing out punishment for rule breaking (Examples: a commander killed a marine unjustly, a squad of marines are killing other marines for no reason, a queen is slashing every host known to man, aliens have stacked too many huggers) or other such things.
    - Constantly stay cool. Regardless of what a player says to you do not act unprofessional and get angry with them.
    Description of the incident
    We were all preparing to drop to Kutjevo, the XO had made up a plan and was running it while I was deploying as CO to lead in the field as usual.

A MP cadet attempts to arrest a marine on the Alamo by himself, and a handful of marines disarm him and steal his taser. MP's do not have OOC protections, and he was foolish to try and make such an arrest solo against a group of deltas who would protect their friends. This is an IC incident entirely.

Then the cadet draws a pistol and fires a shot off, prompting me to order him to leave as he jumped to lethals.

Grimreaper then spams flashbang clusters on the Alamo. We launch to deploy and get on with the round

Grimreaper locks the Alamo down, forces it back to the Almayer and asleeps EVERYONE onboard while he "investigates".

He keeps this for around 12 minutes until informing us that he doesent know how to mass unsleep everyone, then does it 1 by 1. We get to deploy at about 12:40. Delaying the game for EVERYONE by 20 minutes, ruining the round flow entirely and resulting in a quick fob siege because of a failed arrest which was entirely IC.

While this was happening I messaged a few higher ranking staff members on discord to try and save the situation but no one was online, and Grimreaper decided that he makes the calls on the RP policy now despite MP's not having OOC protections. This was not even a case of the entire alamo dunking on an MP, but one MP coming in to an arrest and a few buddies stopping him. None of the marines used lethals on the MP or cuffed him or anything of the sort, they stole his taser, disarmed him, and bodyblocked.

Their was many other ways he could have dealt with this, such as sending in a riot team or MARSOC unit to apprehend the criminals. He could have gotten the SEA to train the MP's in crowd control measures and lethal escalation (since they actually broke the rules there). He could have just checked the logs and aslept only the people who disarmed the MP if he really wanted to, instead he chose the easiest, most round effecting solution and then was unable or unwilling to resolve it quickly.
    Evidence
    Grimreaper acting unprofessional because people were "screaming at him in LOOC"

https://gyazo.com/04959e635d077734450d85308e4e929c

I wasn't recording the incident but others were and im sure they will post in the comments soon.

Grimreaper saying that I am allowed to post the report now : https://gyazo.com/97d8a5f42257f93a569f604a6c2389e1
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Grimreaper should be demoted for this or at the very least put on a system role and retrained in ingame moderation, this was nothing short of griefing the entire round. His reaction to it was completely out of touch, seemingly failing to understand "why are people acting so mad" because he stopped their game for nearly half an hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

I witnessed a MP Cadet attempt to arrest Amber Walsh whilst on the dropship, this prompted the typical response from other marines to disarm and shove the cadet down, his boots were stripped from him and he drew a pistol and fired a single shot before being shoved again. At this stage, Grim spawned a bunch of flashbangs, knocking everyone out, which allowed the cadet to grab Amber and take them off the shuttle.

Shortly after, the shuttle launched, however, when we landed, we found the doors to be blocked and the shuttle recalled to Almayer, at this point everyone on the shuttle was aslept. For 10 minutes or so whilst Grim was "trying to figure out who was responsible" for the shenanigans that went on. LOOC was an obvious mess of anger as the round was delayed for marines, allowing xenos to build solidly all the way to FOB. Eventually we were able to be awoken one by one and when we did deploy, we were quickly overwhelmed with T3s etc at the FOB assaulting it. We didn't get a proper round due to this all. We lost so much time to this mess for something that didn't need extra steps to it after we all got flash banged.

I don't have high hopes when it comes to results with this report but I suppose its good to have a record of previous incidents when it comes to staff mishandling situations. It was a normal admin response to an MP being harassed in the dropship up until we all got locked into the dropship and then admin slept. Definitely feels like Grim went to extremes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://streamable.com/jwj0ve
    Witnessed, here's when Grim was talking right after he slept everyone inside the Alamo

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to amend that while I still think Grim went way overboard with this one without a real understanding of the situation, I don't think he should lose his job but this should be a precedent to teach important moderation verbs to all the team so this doesn't repeat itself (this has happened before). And what constitutes as a OOC Riot should NOT be 3 marines disarming a cadet, if we were all bashing and stabbing the MP I could understand intervening for sure but their was nothing beyond a few disarms and blocks going on here with most of the marines just watching and laughing. I was probably just in a bit too much of a shitty mood when I wrote the report immediately after the round

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Report is being accepted. Grim has been given a warning and we will make it clearer to staff when they should intervene with issues like this and to what extent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have high hopes when it comes to results with this report but I suppose its good to have a record of previous incidents when it comes to staff mishandling situations. It was a normal admin response to an MP being harassed in the dropship up until we all got locked into the dropship and then admin slept. Definitely feels like Grim went to extremes.
    I just wanted to comment on this really quick and make sure I make it clear that we do put this into the permanent staff record. Grim and I have spoken at length about the incident and he's committed to learning from it and ensuring it (and what was said in OOC after), doesn't happen again.