Aiden Bashline
    Their BYOND Key
    Moonshanks
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    1:30 PM
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    5. Determine the punishment.(?)
    Description of the incident
    I was disarm-pushing a marine to try and get them out of my way while moving through a cade (This was near round-end so no xenos nearby to pressure me) and he reasonably started shoving me back. So I pushed him over and threw him at a wall. I was gonna leave it at that, and go through the barricade, until he took out his knife and stabbed me. I pushed him again, stabbed him twice, threw the knife back and said "Bad" before walking away. I TRIED to avoid confrontation after that, but then he started shooting at me with a shotgun from about 4 tiles-ish away. So I returned fire. We hit each other a few times, I emptied a magazine in his direction. After that, Moonshanks bwoinked me, I explained the situation, and after some back and forth I was noted for IE. I went back and looked through escalation guidelines on the rules page, and nothing was changed since I last looked at it so I don't know why I was noted. I even looked back a bit in #rule-clarification and did'nt see anything.

Total timeline of events from my perspective was I shoved him > He shoves me > I push and throw him at a wall > He stabs me > I stab him and walk away > He shoots at me > I shoot at him and kill him, after almost getting put in crit
    Evidence
    Logs
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Just removal of the note

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallerfission2 View Post
    I was disarm-pushing a marine to try and get them out of my way while moving through a cade (This was near round-end so no xenos nearby to pressure me) and he reasonably started shoving me back. So I pushed him over and threw him at a wall. I was gonna leave it at that, and go through the barricade, until he took out his knife and stabbed me. I pushed him again, stabbed him twice, threw the knife back and said "Bad" before walking away. I TRIED to avoid confrontation after that, but then he started shooting at me with a shotgun from about 4 tiles-ish away. So I returned fire. We hit each other a few times, I emptied a magazine in his direction. After that, Moonshanks bwoinked me, I explained the situation, and after some back and forth I was noted for IE. I went back and looked through escalation guidelines on the rules page, and nothing was changed since I last looked at it so I don't know why I was noted. I even looked back a bit in #rule-clarification and did'nt see anything.

Total timeline of events from my perspective was I shoved him > He shoves me > I push and throw him at a wall > He stabs me > I stab him and walk away > He shoots at me > I shoot at him and kill him, after almost getting put in crit [/I][/INDENT]

Hello I am the staff who handled this.

From my end you had a note history of grief and IE that is extensive. Also If I am remembering correctly (the logs will show) you were stabbed once, then stabbed them three times then moved to shooting them. You shot them a lot. The note itself reads, improper use of lethal force, as I felt you had gone overboard by killing them when they had stabbed you once and were only shot thrice and stabbed once.

I would however say that the logs won't show missed shots, and I am not sure how many shots were fired before or after that were missed, something you brought up in the ahelps, but something that was not provable either way in the logs. If it was the case that the reason you were shot so little is because the other player missed lots of their shots, then I do understand that the note will have been applied incorrectly and I agree it should be removed.

However, so far as I understood the evidence, and so far as the initial ahelp suggested, it was a fight you had started, which you had then escalated to lethal, beyond what was needed to defend yourself.
    Last edited by Moonshanks; 01-29-2022 at 11:27 PM. Reason: syntax error, word error
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was already a bit injured after the initial stabbing scuffle. I was going to bandage myself when he then came at me with a shotgun, which at the state I was in, would have easily killed me in one shot. He was actively moving towards me the entire time. I kept backing up and shooting at him. I returned fire to defend myself, because even at that range, pellets will still hit.

They were at range with a shotgun. It's not hard to see why they missed so much.

I was put into crit. I used a gun with intent to kill, against someone else with a gun who also had intent to kill. I stopped firing and walked away immediately after he went down. I even went back to make sure he would get revived after I used an emergency autoinjector and bandaged myself up.

He came at me with the gun first after I tried to distance myself from the situation twice. And even when they missed some of their shots, why should it change anything if they were still trying to KILL me? If you're trying to defend yourself against someone with a gun, but they still just have really bad aim and miss all their shots, its still self defense because the intent to kill was there.

On a side note, can you see when people fire their guns in logs? I feel like that'd help a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallerfission2 View Post
    On a side note, can you see when people fire their guns in logs? I feel like that'd help a lot
    Maybe I'm wrong but I can't SFAIK, maybe it shows on some server logs somewhere but not in the standard log tools we have.

If it's the case that I just didn't have enough info then I apologise for my mistake, and agree that the log should be removed. IF this note is removed then the note for the other player should be removed also.

However I think it's now up to a manager (who'll have the experiance to read the logs better than I can) to figure that out once the logs have been pulled.

Hope this helps get it sorted
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled logs on this one but they got deleted and I can’t be bothered to recovered.
    There are no logs showing the missed shots, so moonshanks couldn’t see. I see where both of you escalated and someone else sent the ahelp. The other party you attacked even didn’t want to make a big deal about it.

We’re gonna give you both the benefit of the doubt and remove the notes and also forest is working on a fix for logs and missed shots.

It’ll be a few days before note is removed
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids