0 Thread(s)

C4xmaniac - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    C4xmaniac

Player Name You Use Most?
    George Franks/Nigel Godfrey II

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC-5

What is your discord username and handle?
    c4xmaniac#7108

Basic Questions & Story

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    I think the job of commander is to lead. You’re tasked with ensuring the operation goes as well as possible, against all the odds you’ll face. A good commander coordinates the various departments on the ship, and hears the needs of the men and relays them to the necessary departments or people diligently and without unnecessary delay. A commander doesn’t need to do everything himself, in fact he shouldn’t. A commander should be the head, the organ that delegates tasks to the various limbs and other organs of the metaphorical body.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    I want to be a CO for the same reasons I wanted to be a synth, I want to make unique rounds that people will remember and enjoy. I feel that the CO position has the authority and tools at their disposal (SOP modifications, pardons, etc) to make rounds fully unique, you have a significant presence in a round as a commanding officer and that allows you t

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    The future of Nigel's career is discussed in the backrooms of the elite's upper crust.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    Very, I have 86.2 Almayer synthetic hours, 50.2 SO hours, and 49.8 XO hours.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    49.8 hours.

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    Very, I have 156.8 synth combined synth hours. I know how each department operates and how to do basically everything.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    Well familiar, I have 12.6 MP hours, 7.2 warden hours, and 1.8 CMP hours along with the 31.6 SEA hours I’ve had to help out MPs quite a bit in.

Scenarios

When do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    A BE should be used in a situation where your life, your command, or your operation is in imminent danger.

An example I would give is I was attempting to give a hangar briefing and a marine keeps shoving me down and tabling me. After ordering him to stop multiple times, and my flash being shoved out of my hand, I BE him. The authority rested in me as the CO of the operation is being eroded, and this is unbecoming conduct that could be seen as okay by the other marines in attendance should it be allowed to continue.

During hijack, the MPs let a prisoner go who informs the ship that he wants to take vengeance on me for denying his appeal and causing him to be perma brigged all operation. Upon encountering him, I BE him to ensure a smoother post hijack operation and remove a credible threat.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    I think prisoner pardons are best used rarely as an act of good grace to improve people’s rounds, especially to uphold the spirit of the law clause of ML.

My only SO is brigged after a bad OB kills 7-8 marines, fired without either my or my XO’s permission, and the XO orders his arrest for NoD. Its unlikely he does something silly again, and I’d speak to him about OBs and the need to be careful with them and get his assurances that he’ll be careful. After convincing me there’s no hard feelings against the XO for ordering his arrest, and he wouldn’t repeat, I’d pardon him.

The Alpha squad SL is brigged for beating an MP with a chair before briefing. I delay briefing for a few minutes to speak with the SL, and get his assurances he won’t cause any more issues, and pardon him because I need him to lead alpha in a bold flanking maneuver through the northern caves on BR.

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great synth! got no doubt on you friend
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a synth player I expect you to be well versed in Req engineering and ML.... so I feel it only fair to ask how you'd handle a few circumstances when you arent locked by software.

first off, how would you handle grenadier spec asking for the whole box, or placing a request for a HEFA box on low pop as the CO running Req

second question: Marines shot an MP on the DS for attempting to arrest someone

three: this FOB appears on your screen during a fully staffed round how do you handle this

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...34/unknown.png

four: A marine beats you with a chair until you fall down with minor brute, Legally you can BE him, do you?

five: High command informs you mid round a diplomat is arriving, You have full CIC and decently staffed MPs, what do you do as the CO?

Otherwise I've seen you and you seem pretty good albeit bland as a CO so Ill ask what your goal for RP as the CO is given it's HRP requirement.

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4hands44 View Post
    As a synth player I expect you to be well versed in Req engineering and ML.... so I feel it only fair to ask how you'd handle a few circumstances when you arent locked by software.

first off, how would you handle grenadier spec asking for the whole box, or placing a request for a HEFA box on low pop as the CO running Req

second question: Marines shot an MP on the DS for attempting to arrest someone

three: this FOB appears on your screen during a fully staffed round how do you handle this

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...34/unknown.png

four: A marine beats you with a chair until you fall down with minor brute, Legally you can BE him, do you?

five: High command informs you mid round a diplomat is arriving, You have full CIC and decently staffed MPs, what do you do as the CO?

Otherwise I've seen you and you seem pretty good albeit bland as a CO so Ill ask what your goal for RP as the CO is given it's HRP requirement.
    That's a lot to consider.

1. For the GL spec, I'd probably give him half of the box and if any are left over I'd tell him to come by and pick it up. If he complains oh well, I don't really care. Low pop you get 1 nade box and there's other marines to pass the nades around to. For the HEFA box I'm not wasting req points on it, low pop gives you $20,000ish for mats, other spec ammo, etc. If we had money left over after everything is purchased I might consider buying him the 6k nade crate with the m12s.

2. An MP was shot for trying to arrest on the DS, I'm going to let the MPs deal with it and order the marines to stand down and let the MPs pull the dead MP off and the guy who shot them/guy they wanted to arrest. I'll tell them the sooner they let the MPs get them the sooner they'll deploy, assuming its not just that one MP and the other MPs are particularly interested in clearing the DS of mischievous marines.

3. This FOB shouldn't appear on my screen during what I assume is a high pop, fully staffed round. Bravo is going to get told to fix it and I'll send the CE and MTs down to do so if they can't. I'd consider also getting the synth to fix it if he wasn't busy doing frontline surgery or something important.

4. I wouldn't let it progress to the point of being knocked out due to stamina damage. I'd tell him to stop after the first or second swing, then flash him. If he knocks the flash out of my hand and continues I'd BE him, like I described in my briefing BE example.

5. I hand off the operation to the XO as long as he's okay with it, gather up the MPs, and act as the diplomats retinue during their time on the ship. Wining, dining, etc.

The goal I have as a CO is I want to be a WW1/WW2 esq British officer from an elite British family who tries to get the men to like him and interact with his soldiers despite completely being out of touch with their generation
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've SO'd and SL'd under them a few rounds now. Nothing bad at all from them. I do love their gimmick of being a British officer who actually tries to RP (it's really the latest attempt from a command player I've seen in a while). They have a +1 from me if means anything at all

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen you around a fair amount and don't think there are any issues as per your competence in the CIC.

I was not 100% sure about your ML competence, but 4hands44 beat me to asking some questions and in general it seems like you have a basic handle on things and combined with your decent pardon answers, I think you should be fine and/or work out any kinks in game.

As such, I have no issue giving you a +1 ; good luck!
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DAMN YOU GODFREY. MY FAMILY IS SUPERIOR. All jokes aside, C4xmaniac is a consummate professional. Already has the synth WL. This is an easy +1. Cant wait to see what shenanigans you get into as CO. GOD SPEED AND GOOD LUCK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George is an underrated legend, I have to say.

This guy acts completely different in his characters as George Franks, Nigel Godfrey II, and Virgil as well! He's a master of RP and I'm very confident about his abilities on the helm!

I was around watching and helping this dude prepare for synth and I must say, I loved every bit about him. He's a great person with an open-minded personality. He focuses on the round's enjoyment rather than the round's outcome and I truly believe we need more COs like this! His character as Virgil is a charm with ultimate competency and roleplay and even more so for his main character, Franks.

Every interaction I've had with this man is a true delight and I have no doubt he'd made a fantastic CO! +1! Best of luck on your application, Captain!!!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool lad and would make a good, fun CO to play under, havent got much to add that hasn't already been said. +1

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, you should never delay the briefing, that would cause all sorts of trouble up to a mutiny. Otherwise, fine answers.

The story is, as usual for these apps, not good, but I like your style.

I've seen you enough on the field, to make an opinion.

First of all, your character seems like a decent lad, so that's a plus. Then, you're willing to play SO which is another big plus in my book.

On the other hand, I don't think you have enough experience for the CO role just yet. You need to work more on your command presence, technical command skills and being more proactive as an officer.

A couple of examples from rounds with you I've noticed:

On a LV round with me as a CO, you were overwatching Charlie as XO. Charlie had a dangerous task to fix power and they got ambushed, SL got killed and dragged away to Nexus, most of the squad retreated, but a couple of guys didn't get the memo and got ambushed while still loitering the Engineering area. They got killed on the road, but I've immediately called in Bravo, since I knew the SL and some more people were in the middle Nexus area from watching some other Charlie cams. And Bravo got there within 10 seconds and recovered those guys. That's the kind of quick call I expect good overwatch to make. Also you should try to recognize those types of situations where more proactive SOing is required. Ideally we should have personally ordered those guys to retreat in advance, when everyone else was retreating.

In another LV round I was playing a Charlie PFC. We originally had RTO leading us, but then after the beach push have started a SL woke up and RTO lost aSL. I've tried bringing command attention to this but got ignored. Then I was stuck with the west caves force and only later on learned that roughly one half of our squad died pushing central caves for some reason. Thus I cannot stress highly enough, how important it is that each squad always have an active aSL and preferable one that's good and willing to work with you. Marines are a bunch of dumb apes with ADHD, they already have a hard time following their leaders and command should do everything in it can to make it easy.

With all of this considered I feel like I have to -1 this application, but I believe you're a promising candidate and with some more experience you'll sure get it.

So, play more command roles. Try to communicate more and be more proactive as overwatch. Play more SL until you understand what you want from good overwatch and this also helps your command presence. As XO, try to be the easiest to reach person on the ship for the groundside troops. CO wouldn't answer groundside marines because he's busy or already dead in the caves, SOs won't because they suck, you should, because you're the XO.
    Last edited by sg2002; 02-11-2022 at 06:43 PM.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew