User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C4xmaniac - Commanding Officer Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post

On a LV round with me as a CO, you were overwatching Charlie as XO. Charlie had a dangerous task to fix power and they got ambushed, SL got killed and dragged away to Nexus, most of the squad retreated, but a couple of guys didn't get the memo and got ambushed while still loitering the Engineering area. They got killed on the road, but I've immediately called in Bravo, since I knew the SL and some more people were in the middle Nexus area from watching some other Charlie cams. And Bravo got there within 10 seconds and recovered those guys. That's the kind of quick call I expect good overwatch to make. Also you should try to recognize those types of situations where more proactive SOing is required. Ideally we should have personally ordered those guys to retreat in advance, when everyone else was retreating.
    I really regret not recording the round because the context to why i did not issue orders and why I did is important. You gave me a massive document that stipulated rules and guidelines for your SOs, and your XO. In this document it told the SOs to focus on their squad that they were OWing, and to not issue orders to other squads. It then clarified for the XO, myself, that if I were not to have control over the operation that I would instead become an SO and be something akin to a "shining example" to the other SOs. Me not calling in reinforcements for charlie is because you ordered me through your own guidelines to not give other squads orders. You took the initiative from me, and then critique me for not using initiative. Further, the charlie SL wasn't killed and dragged away to nexus, he was killed and left in grass, then brought there by the marines I ordered to bring him there. I also issued an order to the marines in engineering to fall back. I do not feel this critique is valid.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw I haven’t been playing XO, or playing period for the past few days due to catching the flu and not having the energy.
    Synth Gaming

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right! Really sorry this was overdue allegedly past the 2 week deadline - you can blame me alone for that.

CO Council have looked over your application and history and are confident you have what it takes to earn the spot. Great community endorsement, good application, and great performance in leadership. I don't see why we shouldn't bump you up.

Just don't burn yourself out, 'kay? Hope you're recovering from the flu, unless you've already recovered from that and I'm just late to the party heh

With a majority vote from the CO Council this application is accepted. Congratulations on the promotion!
    My DMs are open if you'd ever like some advice or the like ^^
    Last edited by naut; 02-19-2022 at 07:05 AM.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump