User Tag List

Thread: making a new lurker strain!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

making a new lurker strain!!

ok so. I was fucking around with various Xenos on phoenix marine and I was thinking.
    hey, guys what if we make a new lurker strain that has none of the benefits of being a lurker and alter your playstyle a bit. but you can still play it in a stealthy manner. no, I'm not serious about making this but if this post gets like 10 replies I'm gonna hop on VSC and see some stuff.

And thus the ninja strain was born
    Perk: ninjutsu, you have evolved to be the master of sabotage and cannot be detected by technology. You are immune to the motion detector blip, sensors, sentry, emplacement explosives.
    Perk 2: Hit and Run, attacking a target gives you a speed boost and will mark similar to a dancer. except you don't dash through people.
    Ability 1: Takedown immediately knocks a person down (does not stun them) it has 2 tiles range. It will fling them and stun them for a solid 7 seconds if they were slashed. 10 seconds cooldown.
    Ability 2 Bone spur. You have evolved to grow tumor-like bone growth externally to use as a utility throwing weapon. this will slow down the target and can damage any fuel tanks. 10-seconds cooldown. just a runner bone spur
    Ability 3. Adrenaline Surge, You gain a small speed boost and will take reduced damage by 10% for 5 seconds. Reset all abilities that are on cooldown. 60-second cooldown
    Ability 4. Tail Impale, Does 30 damages in a 1x2 range and will reduce your Adrenaline Surge cooldown by 20 seconds if it hit 3 people. Additionally. It will instead attack all connected marines. up to 4. if the targetted marine was slashed.

Keep in mind this strain is NOT meant to be decent or shit. it is mainly supposed to be just an alternative playstyle. You are free to tell me what you would have wanted to see for it to be even remotely viable
    the takedown does NOT stun marine
    it is more or less. the same as dancer tail trip.
    Former Mentor. now literally doesn't exist.
    Some dipshit moved my cryosleep post to general not mad or anything just confused.

Every day get brighter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original idea was for it to have smoke screen ability instead but given that its passive 1 is already meant to make it immune to sentry detection, I figured it would be waaaay too overpowered as it would shut down any defenses simply by running up to barricades and gassing them.
    Former Mentor. now literally doesn't exist.
    Some dipshit moved my cryosleep post to general not mad or anything just confused.

Every day get brighter!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make

The messages you have entered is too short.
    Ryan "Speshy" Smith

Trust me, I'm a future engineer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Idea, but maybe not the Sentry immunity, maybe, to balance it out, the sentry CAN detect and shoot you, but it's accuracy is decreased?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where's the downside?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no cloaking / pounce ability
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but that would make it a frontlining class with a huge amount of damage, for a t2 slot, i just don't see that it actually weakens you enough for the huge damage increase you get as well as a long stun ability and easy escape with just 1 slash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP lol, t3 like abilities on a t2, and also theyre all busted as fuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove bonespur
    Give it a cloak
    Remove tail impale
    Slashing nolonger decloaks, but taking damage does
    Make cloak a constant plasma drain instead of a temp buff, Remove ms increase and buff cloak transparency
    Give it a mark that stacks, after 3 slashes it stuns and deals another 25 damage or something.

A strange way to avoid getting capped....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    belongs in acid goop