User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it just me or are xenos favored on CM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it just me or are xenos favored on CM?

I have played for a little while now but only recently got into CM. but ive noticed that xenos tend to get favored with stats and whatnot. ive heard rumors that alot of admins play xeno (i think from an admin themselfs but its been awhile). the reasoning ive heard is xenos are tough because lore reasons and i understand that. but watching a queen on a camera walk through a fire OB taking no damage seems exessive. Plus in lore they have shown that its easy to kill a xeno even if its a t1 with 5 or 6 pulse rifle shots. it does not seem balanced at all in my opinion its always either Xenos are OP or Marines are OP. ive almost quit CM as a whole because of this but i chose to stay cause of the friends i have made on here. does anyone else feel the same?

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos are individually stronger than marines, because there's less xenos than marines.

It is called asymmetrical design.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xeno's are legit the easiest thing to rebalance, change and modify.

Where as Marines are built around their items and equipment which is far more tedious thing to modify.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The xenos are stronger than marines because few people actually play or want to play xenos. So to make it fair, the individual xenos are more powerful. Generally the balance is 1 xeno for every 3 marines.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    queens immune to fire bc if she wasn't she'd die too easy from it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive never really played xenos but i just feel like its unfair sometimes and admins prefer them over marines. i understand making them stronger and stuff i just dont like seeing a biased admin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombikilla1011 View Post
    ive never really played xenos but i just feel like its unfair sometimes and admins prefer them over marines. i understand making them stronger and stuff i just dont like seeing a biased admin
    eh, its not a bias per se. More its a matter of It makes more sense both mechanically and settings wise, for Xenos to make up for being unable to be a proper horde faction (like they were presented as in the movies) by being made individually powerful. And even then, in the movies lone and small groups of xenos were shown to be plenty OP against weak flesh bag humans, even if they're well armed.

And to be frank, even as a marine main, its not hard to argue Marines are way more favored most of the time.... most... (glares at pylons) when updates roll out and in the number of updates.

Plus it's way easier to feel weak as a marine since we dont have strange powers... just gun and bomb to make bug go die. Where as Xenos have assorted special attacks and powers, like lurker stealth, and woyers hook hand, without needing to fight each other for supplies, just slots.

...and lest we forget pred code in all its arcaneness... that shits practically abandon ware during most of the dev cycle. Not that preds are particularly underpowered

honestly though, as a marine player I like it more with a 60-65% (dare I say 70?) Xeno win rate, as long as it's not just a curb stomping, since it's more interesting to face last stand circumstances and the stuff that arises as a result.

A worthy foe if you will... not that I dont enjoy WO and just the dumb fun of watching dozens of Xenos explode after getting mowed down trying to rush cades off weeds

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombikilla1011 View Post
    I have played for a little while now but only recently got into CM. but ive noticed that xenos tend to get favored with stats and whatnot. ive heard rumors that alot of admins play xeno (i think from an admin themselfs but its been awhile). the reasoning ive heard is xenos are tough because lore reasons and i understand that. but watching a queen on a camera walk through a fire OB taking no damage seems exessive. Plus in lore they have shown that its easy to kill a xeno even if its a t1 with 5 or 6 pulse rifle shots. it does not seem balanced at all in my opinion its always either Xenos are OP or Marines are OP. ive almost quit CM as a whole because of this but i chose to stay cause of the friends i have made on here. does anyone else feel the same?
    no...................
    but the last part yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it went from 75% winrate marine favor in september through november with half the games being instant stomp and restarts to pretty balanced 50/50 december, to now alien sided but not sure by how much.

sweaty players on both sides make a HUGE difference when it comes to the winrates now though. Hard to say it couldn't be marine sided if a bunch of sweaty marines were on, or vice versa.

I am also in favor of more xeno sided than marine sided. Xenos winning tends to look like a drawn out struggle vs the instadeath marine death ball. Also there's way more room for improvement when it comes to marines working together with OB, mortar, cas, research, OT, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xeno numbers have been bugged for the past week, resulting in a Xeno to Marine ratio of 1:2 or less.
    Remember that individual Xeno strength is designed to be 1:4, with the increase to 1:3 in response to Marine Techweb which no longer exists.

Maps also have a lot to do with perceived winrates. Xenos typically win on Annex and Solaris Ridge, whilst LV and Dam heavily favours Marines.