VHO
    Their BYOND Key
    moonshanks
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    2022-02-03 18:02:33
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Rule 2. Roleplay
    Description of the incident
    Just happened to join the round late today.

I am rping with the synth alone and the ravager comes and starts attacking the synth, which I dont really mind.

We were kind of in eachothers way at some point and bumped twice chasing the synth.

Ravager got permanently stunned in the door by the synth and I had to drag them out, I told the rav to "Be nice!" after that.

I grabbed a ravager once or twice as we were both chasing the synth, which does not imepede movement or disrupt the player.

Rav was entirely free to slash the synth, I did not stop them.

The ravager happens to be chichii whom metagrudges me often and has always blocked me on discord.
    Evidence
    I dont have any video.

What the note says :
    Dragged a RAV twice and body blocked them in order to stop them from killing the synth. Was told that stopping other xenos killing non-hive-members (unless directly ordered to) is LRP.
    By x (Moderator) on 2022-02-03 18:02:33
    What resolution are you seeking?
    An explanation of the rules really are to me or moonshanks.
    Possible note removed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I grabbed the ravager, grabbing the ravager should be fine because it doesnt stop its movement and I didnt drag them. I don't know how I stopped the ravager.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally, I would be the one resolving this, but as I was there when the decision was being made and offered my take on the situation to Moonshanks, this report is also indirectly addressed at me and I shouldn't be the one dealing with it.

I already told you via Discord DMs - it absolutely does not matter if you were not blocking the ravager mechanically. ICly you were clearly siding with a synthetic and trying to prevent a fellow xeno from slashing them to death during hijack.

Your argumentation that such matters should only be a thing on HRP server is not something I consider valid. We are an RP server. On an RP server what you do ICly matters just as much as mechanical constraints and features. And again, your RP suggested that you were willing to side or at least try to stop a fellow xeno from destroying a synthetic, one that crushed it with a door no less.

Your issues with the player in question are not in any way relevant here - this would be an issue no matter who you did this to, nor have I ever got an impression that the player sought you out in particular (as opposed to the synth that they wanted to destroy).

I will let another manager rule on this if/after logs are pulled due to my above involvement.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I grabbed the ravager and happened to bodyblock them for one or two tile of movements in a 3x4 area, that much is true. I was chatting with the synthetic about spreading my garden with the fruits and trying to gather their interest in what they would like to do. Out of the entire hive a single ravager barges in front of me and get permanently stunned by the doors, and starts dismantling the walls. I just said to the ravager "be nice" as I hoped they would give me a moment. I dont know why but the synth came of of tcomms barricade by themselves in front of me and the ravager. Ravager starts slashing them multiple times, all I did was run around grab the ravager two times as they continued to move and happened to get in the way for about two tiles of movement. Nothing happens after than because I get slept by moonshanks really quickly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs for this

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vho
    frogzeke
    chichii
    Moonshanks

Chichii + Synth fighting
    Spoiler Spoiler:

vho + Synth
    Spoiler Spoiler:

vho grabs chichii
    Spoiler Spoiler:

chichii ahelps
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Moonshanks - vho+chichii
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry my reply is late, though I think I'll say pretty much exactly what Silencer said, namely because we spoke about it in Msay before I came to a decision.

Granted this was an odd case that isn't intially clear within the rules.

However, you are a midnless killing machine slaved entierly to the hivemind with the soul goal of spreading your xeno kin far and wide.

I know you wanted to RP with the synth, and I know it was frustrating that another player wanted to kill the synth, but simply put, in my eyes (and others) it would be boarderline LRP to stop another xeno killing a non-hive memeber for non-logistical, combat, or hive goal reasons.

I want to talk to them, is not a valid reason to try and stop another xeno killing, because, primarily, you don't want to talk you want to kill.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unbiased semi retired head here who will look into this because Somenerd is busy with alot of real life stuff (Something something pandemic medical field)
    Unless a queen or hive leader orders the hive to leave the synth alone, the policy is if you as a xeno want to roleplay with a synth, but another xeno murders it, that's the way it is.

If you are roleplaying with a colony neutral synth, you can tell the queen, and the queen has the final authority on if it lives or dies.
    No policies violated here.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids