Byond ID?
    VagabondZro79

CM Character?
    Rosco 'Vagabond' Pine

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Central (CST)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    If I'm not doing anything, about 7 hours daily. I have a rather messed up sleeping schedule usually so I'm up from 5 PM to about 10 AM.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I used to moderate a Gmod server back in 2018.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I used to be a heavy fulp player, but in recent times I just play CM full time now.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    N/A

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No, I have never been banned from CM.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Once for about a few days back on Fulp for an argument on what Borgs can do. This happened around 2020.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, communication is a vital element in a workplace.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Random misfires happen from time to time, so it may just be an accident. I could probably check their time on the server and PM asking if they require assistance. If the person was shooting people on purpose I would warn and note the player, or ban if they have previous notes.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    This is not a problem that moderators should deal with since it's not really a server rule break. However if it is an honor code break that would be handled by a pred councilor. I could respond to said person to make a player report against the predator in question or talk to a councilor about the situation.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    If a SEA is on duty I could PM them to give them a heads up on the new person. If there are no SEAs around I could contact the new person character to character to help or contact them through mentorhelp.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Coming into a ahelp arguing against you is rather problematic to start with. When I am to answer the ahelp I am the person to decide what is to be the final decision. If there is a problem with my decision on the matter a staff report against me could be made if they so choose.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    'John Doe' Is a name that is noncompliant with server rules. I could pm said person and tell them the situation and ask what name they may want to be changed to. Afterwards you would have to explain that he would have to have a compliant name by next round. If this is ignored by the next round, punishment may be issued.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is an IC problem, nothing that can be handled on my part. The only time that this may become an issue is if they deploy to the front line to engage in combat.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors do not have any reason to engage in combat with marines anymore without the situation being an event. I could warn the survivor of their actions along with a note. Afterwards I would revive the marine if there are no nearby medics. On another note I should warn old time survivor players of this change.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    To receive a permanent sentence would mean the marine would have had to have done a capital crime. If the crime was just the theft I would take a moment to look through their notes to make sure there is not a history of breaking marine law. If not I would tell the MP that the correct punishment is about 10 minutes and that he should be released along with a note on the MP. If the breaks in ML have happened before you could view a Jban plausible.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    A little nudge from the Queen Mother to tell the aliens to push for the hive. If the aliens remain to be cautious a subtle message could be sent to the commander.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would be able to do anything because staff are unable to deal with situations they are involved in. I can however make a player report.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG is against end of round gunfights with friendlies or whatnot that has no reason to happen, however this is an exception. Hostile factions have the right to engage other hostile factions, in this case CLF versus USCM.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This is generally an IC issue. Intervention can happen if the stolen gear would consist of something from a squad vendor or spec equipment. Another point to add would be to check if they have a history in notes of being a general nuisance.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    First thing to do would be to check damage logs for both players. If there is evidence to support this as an improper form of escalation I would note the person that murdered the other. Afterwards I would revive the dead marine or allow the medics if there are any to revive him then aheal any form of internal damages.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Witnessing current events you would MOOC to warn those that are participating in an improper mutiny to stop immediately. If said mutineer still continues aSleep them and apply punishment.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Any form of racism is unacceptable. I could PM the person and tell them this and leave them with a hefty note and check for past incidents. Although throwing a small ban is also acceptable.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would file this under a mass grief against the player base along with the logging to avoid possible punishment. First action to take would be to go along ahealing people that were affected by the incident along with a mooc message telling people to continue the round as normal. Moving on to the ban I would probably perma ban them through due process.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    If it's a relatively new person after checking their logs I could PM them trying to help them and what not and try to give some advice. Although if it is a person intentionally killing themselves to grief the aliens punishment would be applied.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Net lingo is a relatively lrp thing for the Aliens. An easy PM to them advising them to stop and a note.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    If you look under Rule number 2 for Xeno standards we can see that the Xeno hive mind is translated to English. An example given is the dropship or location names like hydro. So it is not lrp.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Marines do not know that there are any aliens on the planet before they drop. A PM to the person as well as a note should be made. If the Command staff in question is a CO I would give information about this to a councilor.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    The said tricky situation is protected under rule 10 on lethal force. It is one of the multiple exceptional circumstances that can be allowed to be bypassed under the lethal force rule.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Insulting staff is a punishable offense. I could warn them to calm down and add a note to them. If they continue to persist I could chat ban in the respected chat, ooc/dchat/looc.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    This is an IC situation. Sadly if you disconnect on the front or on an ongoing push nothing can be done. If said person has a high ping things like this could possibly happen and should be expected to maybe happen.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Politely inform them that they have ruled the situation wrong. If they respond hostile about the problem I would respond to the problem with one of their managers.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If we take a moment to view rule 0.1 we can see that it is possible that both sides show a correct response to the ruling. The best thing to do is to not engage in argument over the matter. If the staff that is arguing seems rather heated you could possibly contact their manager.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    At around 1 to 5 in the morning moderation is rather dead on the server. I think an extra hand couldn’t hurt. On another note, I like spending time around this community. I would also like to say thanks to Tez who thinks I had what it takes to write this app.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I believe the ability to understand people and their stances on a subject is a strong factor. Proper workplace etiquette is another fine quality to have while working with a team.

Anything else you
    I would like to say what the people running this show so far have done is great. If you want to know a little more about me in game I have a total of 564 hours in game as humans alone with 160 hours combined with character classes that would know marine law.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Yep! MPs can handle accidents, if it appears intentional or if they've got a history of it, that's where you should step in.

2) Yep, let council know. Good practice to send a message to forest2001#2001 as well on discord to keep him in the loop.

3) Sounds right - Naked wandering around is probably a baldy, you can check playtimes via player panel to verify this.

4) Correct, if somebody disagrees with your decision, they can staff report it. Ahelps aren't the place for arguing. Make a note of their attitude, check to see if they have a history of toxicity - You may want to escalate depending on how argumentative they are.

5) True, you can also change their name via player panel as a tmod, so they don't get ahelped again.

6) Sounds right, for cases like these just keep an eye on suspicious or potential rulebreakers. If you've got nothing else to do, keeping an eye on, for example, that marine who keeps FFing with nades allows you to sleep him if necessary.

7) Correct, survs are allied with marines. They can RP as a bit on edge, but no killing allies.

8) You'll get this intuition as you get more experience, what's important here is one of them is definitely in the wrong (MP for incorrect brig timer or player for lying in ahelps). Compare stories from the MP and the player, get the RO's POV. If a player lies in ahelps, note them - If an MP breaks ML, note them.

9) Yep, as long as you don't spam it and use it for a decent reason, QM / ARES is fine. If they choose to ignore your QM / ARES and you think more needs to be done, as a tmod you'll want to ping admins in staffcord for some advice.

10) Correct, you are biased and you can't be trusted to rule fairly. Ahelp it, if you think the acting staff member didn't resolve it correctly, you can talk to their manager or make a staff report.

11) Good answer. Hostiles will remain hostiles even if the round ends.

12) Good job on the details, if they steal boots it's one thing, if they steal the SADAR then that's serious. If they've hidden it somewhere, you can Jump-to-object- to find it

13) Check logs and check stories from both of them. If they tell the truth it saves you time, if the stories don't line up then one (or both) is lying. Logs are useful but are limited.

14) Correct, you may also have to deny any further mutinies that round as a punishment, the idea being marines are not rewarded for mutinying a second, proper, time.

15) Yep, there's no need for racism, they can play the game without being racist.

16) Mass grief, sounds accurate. Check their playtimes, give them an instant 3d ban or so, check their IP and CID as it may be a multikeyer.

17) Hard to judge intent, keep that in mind. As per management, if they are sort of near frontlines but in a safe location, it's ok. If they die due to their position, it's their fault for being impatient so you note them for it.

18) Extreme LRP, xenos have been sadly neglected a bit with regards to enforcement of LRP, so you may see more of this. If the player responds with "well others are doing it!" you tell them to ahelp if they see others breaking rules.

19) Correct, it's completely fine.

20) Good response, again it's probably good practice to let forest know as well.

21) A tricky question, if it's life and death certain exceptions may be granted, you found the correct ruling on it.

22) Correct, check notes, they may have a history of this.

23) Correct, skill issue, their fault for SSDing for too long or in an unsafe place.

24) Generally happens often, I've done it myself, keep in mind that rulings keep changing and there are test rulings / dev testmerges to factor in. Just notify them of the correct ruling and it should be fine.

25) No point adding fuel to the fire, if staff are getting overemotional about a ruling you may want to notify their manager. It's one thing to discuss a ruling, there shouldn't be heated arguments.

26) Glad to have you, we could use some helping hands during lowpop, always fun to watch tmods grow and learn

27) Agree completely, remember, most people have reasons they think certain things or take certain positions. You can disagree with somebody, but put effort into finding something TO AGREE ON. That's valuable.

28) needs more xeno time, xeno rp is very valuable...

Great answers, scarce notes ingame and on discord. You'll make a fine mod (and maybe one day a fine discord janny as well... ) +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll keep it nice and short since lunarflu covered the major things. Overall a great app and good answers and I'm positive after you receive a proper trial as a moderator you'll make a fine addition to the staff team so here is your +1
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have played along side Rosco on many occasions. Man is a cool dude. + 1 from me.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No recent notes of any kind. Decent answers. I've seen you around, but I can't say I've interacted enough with you to have a more detailed opinion.

Overall +1.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have seen you around, everything looks in order. +1
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He cheats at Uno, -1.

But seriously, he's a cool guy and I trust him, actual +1 from me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are a good player, I never see you being toxic or anything, I trust that you will do a good job!

thats a big fat +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously a +1 from me, hope to see you out here with me on them lowpop hours

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for the slight delay in getting this through.

Everything looks good here, application is accepted. I will reach out to you via Discord soon (TM)
    Senior Administrator