warrior CIA
    Their BYOND Key
    Schalkguy
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    last round. 5 minutes ago.
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    This LV round, marines dropped LZ2. A warrior named CUN7, a lurker named DIL, and a healer drone named UGH were SW jungle near fob. Marines dropped and these 3 xenos attacked marines that went SW jungle and eventually killing a lot of marines, perma killing a few. I and another elder warrior joined later after seeing this to have some fun too. A few minutes later both me and the original warrior attacking fob were killed, and later on in the round DIL too. Even after this, when pretty much all the bodies were recovered and the ones revivable revived Schalkguy sent PMCs to "assist".

I'm not looking for any punishment on schalkguy but rather want an actual clarification on what gives staff the option to intervene in a round and assist a side. Not a single xeno broke the rules in this case, there was 0 T3s, and only 2 T2s and a drone early on. Marines had their entire force to deal with this and failed to do so. They even had enough (Plus PMCs) to redeploy with a CO and get a few kills but eventually lost that too. I don't understand the reasoning behind sending PMCs for something like this esepcially when it can be prevented by marines ICly without needing staff to intervene. This wasn't a horrible intervention since it only gave PMCs and nothing more but it could had easily been different, and some other rounds have shown that.

All I'm asking from this report is for staff to be clear on how, and what they'll intervene in the round outside of Rule 0 where staff just feels like they need to intervene despite it being completely the fault of one side. Hopefully would prevent any more salt from staff suddenly giving marines some sort of buff or assistance because they were not up to par with xenos on a round.
    EvidenceWhat resolution are you seeking?
    Not seeking action against Schalkguy, want better clarifications on staff interventions like these.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you could have asked me at the time my reasoning. Which was largely that within about 5 minutes of drop xenos were attacking the LZ and the marines had already taken massive casualties. I also received an ahelp stating that warriors were camping the LZ predrop, which turned out to be false, but seemed plausible considering the situation. Due to these factors I decided to send in a small squad of pmcs for round balance, which was only five soldiers. Administrators have a good degree of discretion on taking action to prolong a round if they feel it will end too soon. If you are wondering why a staff member is doing something, they will usually be receptive to you just asking them.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appeal is being denied. Admins have the right to intervene if they believe a metarush has happened by compensating one side. Schalk did nothing wrong and only sent a small PMC squad to boost the marine numbers.

We will be making a change to how we define metarushes soon though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admins in particular have rule 0 and are able to attempt to balance the round as part of their normal duties. It's not something they're expected to have to do *often*, as it's a Dev issue if one side is consistently getting stomped.

If you're not asking for us to review the staff member specifically you'd probably be better off asking the staff member first about why they did something/if you want to give feedback for their intervention
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone reading, I am currently working with management/heads to define what staff can and cant do based on overall community feedback in these situations.

This is just a reminder, that reports are not for getting policy changes done. We're getting tired of reports that basically say "I dont want staff member in trouble, I want rules or policy changed." For god sakes, DM a manager or a head if you think a policy is flawed or needs to be tweaked. I literally wrote that in the report a player/report a staff member rules.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids