Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: johnravioli - Commanding Officer Application

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    I've seen you in quite a few roles and I don't think you have the experience required just yet. I watched multiple operations with you as XO and CIC was generally out of touch and uncommunicative. Then I've seen you commit a couple of major faux pas as other roles like completely abandoning the FOB as Bravo SL, or being too much of a dick as an MP(that's coming from me, a person who thinks that Brett and Rex are fine).

Then I have my reservations about people speedrunning the WL in general, since they often don't turn out well. Thus, -1 from me for now.

Get more experience, try to improve your command skills, but also, importantly, don't burn yourself out in the process. Command roles are a bit mentally draining, some parts of them are counter-intuitive and the feedback loop is bit skewed. So I recommend playing XO only when you feel like you're on top of your game.
    Now, I understand where you're coming from. The part where I abandoned the FOB as Bravo SL to follow the CO to his eventual fate, yeah I did that once, never did it again. I already talked with you over this and I will try better to communicate and not be a step behind. Thank you.
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this isn't to start an argument, but if the FOB is caded well and the round has been going on a while, there is absolutely nothing wrong with going to the front as bravo SL. You can always be an asset to the front instead of staying behind. There's very few times a SL would have to stay behind, like fixing the FOB or T1s are destroying the back-lines.

Anyways onto my actual review. I've played under Harry a few times, and had him as a supporting SO in CIC. I can't point anything out against them, they communicate even as a ground SO and can rally marines well +1 for me if my opinion means anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having played tons of rounds with you as CIC staff, MPs and Marines, I can confidently say that you're both a competent player and Commander. You know what the role is about, you're well versed in ML and SOP and you don't play a wacky clownish character.

It's obvious that your heart and mind are in the right places. Knowing you both as a player and as a person, this is an easy and huge +1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having played many rounds with Johnravioli. I saw a good CiC leader and overall enjoyable player. I can confidently say you would make a good CO. +1
    Drake Manwell the Trying Marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A generally fun guy to be around, has good experience with almost all areas of the game, and will definitely make rounds more (reasonably) interesting, even if he doesn't win them.

He earns my +1

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO Council have looked at your app and performance and are impressed with how you handled things. Now, admittedly I haven't seen you myself in action, but the testimonies of both the community and the councilors tell me that you're a good candidate. And I trust my Council enough to have faith that you got what it takes to be a Commanding Officer.

With a majority vote from the CO Council this application is accepted. Congratulations on the promotion!
    My DMs are open if you'd ever like any help or stuff with the role ^^
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump