User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye friends - Grub

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodbye friends - Grub

It's been some time coming already and I think it's best to just take a break from CM for a nice while to 'go touch grass.' but also do some more life stuff and focus on some other goals for a while.

I wanted to throw a big thank you to everyone out there who inspired me to be a bald 44 divorced loser and roleplay him to the best of my ability, we had some really good rounds together and times that'll stay close to my heart till the end of time. People who knew me, interacted with me and did stuff me will know that ya'll mean the world to me, I can't think of a better community with awesome wacky-minded people to do unspeakable warcrimes with.

CM at it's peak was probably arround 2020 and 2021 for me where staff interacted a bit more with the community, did awesome events shipside and worked their asses off on providing a platform for people to play on to have fun, but also stick to the main part of the game; slaughterin those goopy xenos. I wanted to throw a big thank you to Gerdy, if he still checks the threads for making me enjoy roleplaying to the fullest, and several other wacky admins for doing funny shit with me.

Like I said, I'll probably be back eventually but I have alot of shit to figure out IRL and I find myself not enjoying CM as it is with all the dev changes, lack of funny events and staff enforcing way too many rules on a server where you should embrace goofery more. Focus on grief, and micro-manage the rest I'd say because some people need more freedom to roleplay and have fun shipside and I feel most of that shit has been stripped away.

Forest man if you read this, you're not the reason I quit but I feel like you could've been a bit more easy on me regarding the OB on my super awesome grub fort which I spent working on for a while to gather and make.

I wish you awesome troops the best, I hope ya'll have better times ahead and may we meet on the deck, or on the ground in the forseeable future again. *salute

Screenshot_258.jpg

God bless the USCM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqAclbXr9S4
    Last edited by Wibo333; 02-08-2022 at 08:45 AM.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    see you next week cheng o7

post favourite times with grub in this thread
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unknown-7.jpg Power Duo KIA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God speed you were one of the best. Inspired me to try and get to CO
    Drake Manwell the Trying Marine

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might as well retire now, if Grub isn't gonna be around. Seeing Grub as CO told me that the round was really worth playing. The incredible roleplay he had, the wacky events and stuff he helped with. The miniguns... I'll never forget the miniguns.

We'll see you on the other side trooper. Come back 'round if you ever get the chance.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the fun and roleplay you brought to us, it'll be sorely missed. I'll miss the bald man and your quirky art pieces of him but I'll always remember the good times, better times. Take care out there man and be safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodbye old Friend! May the unga be with you. Always.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bye you Dutch swamp monster :trol:

Best time with grub was when we had a epic duel with doom OST music playing.
    Harley Piett / Oronto Obasanjo

A'kei Teer the yautja
    Synthetic Jeanne

Discord: Jam#1411

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grub, you are my first person I can say that was my hero here on CM. On my very first round of CM almost 2 years ago on old prison, you went past the cades by the kitchen to save me a bald new bravo PVT who had like 1 minute left before I went perma. You grabed me, dragged me back, killed a runner who tried to kill you, got me to a medic, and did CPR on me so the medic had enough time to revive me. I say this with much respect, bro you rock, you kick ass. RPing with you is always a great time, loved your character and the silly thing you got us into. Its sad to see you go but real life do come first, take your time man and come back when you can, we will be waiting. Take care untill then man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn hate to see you go grub. I think the first mission I saw grub on everyone was like "Why the hell is that sadar not wearing a helmet!" . Awesome marine in grub. Best of luck.