User Tag List

Thread: Thoughts about old Squad Requisitions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts about old Squad Requisitions?

What did you guys think about em back then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zoomers and coders want to pretend that the new req is objectively better but we all know the slower req helped with the nice tempo of each round. It sounds stupid but the small amount of communication required to get attachies helped with RP. Back then the SL was vital for providing THEIR squad with THE SQUADS equipment. For me it was probably just a subconscious caveman instinct of "big L man gave me gun, me like big L man" but old req made the squad feel whole. Sure it took like 13 minutes to get everything ready and the SL basically had to man req immediately in order to avoid getting shanked, but it was something to remember. this also helped with the lack of doing absolutely nothing, yeah, you had to wait for your attachies, but the captain and XO take 10 minutes to get their shit sorted out as well, so you're at least not waiting on absolutely nothing.

Now, getting ready takes less than 3 minutes and you're off to the zoomer tdm-zone, unless it's roundstart in which case you STILL have to wait 10-15 minutes for command to get sorted out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old round start kitout system was an abysmal, it was dead time which forced you to needlessly spend more time clicking things more to try delay the marines. a
    A tedious system every round to merely artificially take up time is something I've always disliked, it's why I also think most the colony should start weeded so xenos can actually try something interesting for once)

The SL era of squad req was also flawed as it forced squad leaders to operate in a role/capacity very few enjoyed which lead to inconsistent handing out of equipment.

Both of these removed player freedom which hampered any start of round start interactions and roleplay.

If marines want to do something during the current system, they can, SLs merely need to lead by example.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 02-08-2022 at 02:24 PM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The older system eventually devolved into "dump everything out on the floor or people riot." Good riddance.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People really have rose tinted glasses for this feature. Every SL worth their stuff would literally just tell the engie to hack it or vend everything and get RSI

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We calling SL req old? That was a riot and a half every other round. Old old req is where it's at. Waiting in line hoping to get the attachment you want. Good times. The new system seems to work fine, people just need to stop deploying at 12:12
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old SL Req, yeah. Back then I was just a very new SL player, shaking in my boots as I saw the horde of impatient ungas waiting inside that room while screaming at me or our Squad Spec to go there and give them attachments.

The req dump for me was awkward and boring as it was the same routine every single time I played SL, so I get why the removed it and gave us bunks instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fully agree old old req was interesting as fuck, I do sorta miss it but it did have flaws

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new req system is pretty trash and is so anti-SS13 in terms of having to cooperate and work together to get something. The SL operated req was already bad. Then they removed it and added attachment/special gun vendors for PFCs. Then they added a point systems so now there's a basically infinite supply of special weapons/attachments. I hate it. Just bring back the old req. Long-ass req lines and the banter between round start and deployment is what made CM so immersive.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    People really have rose tinted glasses for this feature. Every SL worth their stuff would literally just tell the engie to hack it or vend everything and get RSI
    Bruh, I would just go find a multi tool at round start and hack it myself.
    Like sure the OLD system with req and long lines had some memorable moments in it. But those moments came at the cost of the experience being miserable.