Date of Incident
    February 11, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Bennet Costello

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    dunno

Accused Character Name
    James 'Tater' Pacheco

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    20:40 more or less

What rule(s) were broken:
    Murder or Unauthorized Executi

Description of the incident:
    i stole the food vendor and get executed on the spot ,after he refused to heal me and let me die in the morgue

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    What resolution are you seeking?
    classic time ban at minimum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo, Tater and CO in question here

What I performed was a battlefield execution, which is a permanent execution and privilege of the commanding officer. My mistake was not doing it mechanically properly, which left you revivable in medbay.

What led up to this was several reports of the entire ships food supply for cryo marines being stolen and hidden somewhere, which i received when i was retrieving something for my staff officer. Additionally ARES reported the disturbance.

Coincidently upon gathering my staff officers item i happend across the entire ships supply of food vendors in the southern mess hall. while relaying over comms what i had found you had happend to stumble in. I was furious at this point because doing such a thing, while it can be argued there are alt methods, is considered spawn griefing.

I questioned you, and you immediately rebuked the claims that you had anything to do with it. around this time I made a command announce demanding evidence of who had committed this offense.

Shortly after while asking if you did it, ARES responded with this:

https://gyazo.com/e596cb78c9707e9789774a276ac3b22b

A confirmation of the crime. Being Furios in the moment, with no MPS on, I had already premeditated the idea that I would execute the culprit. Seeing this announce you immediately decided to run, without me saying a word, knowing you were guilty.
    i took the staff officers item i retrieved and attempted to fire a round after you as you ran, which you (appropriately) responded with a magazine of m4a3 from down the hall. after gunning you down to crit, i used my mateba to finish it (improper ammo, causing you to still be revivable).

https://gyazo.com/997a95e1fe1de80116920cfc84d8ddd6 This is the BE announcement.

Reminder that this all happend at operation start, and the vendors were stolen before 12:30. which if anything made me more upset.

Staff then sent in a synthetic with the purpose of fixing them mess that you created.

In the future, if you want to "encourage" people to eat your food, tell people about it and try to put something there first before screwing with joining players.
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CMO that round.

I don't have much to do with the circumstances leading to the BE but I was the one who gave the order to not revive the Mess Sergeant after he was dragged into my medical bay. I can confirm he was in a revivable state but I gave my nurses, most of whom were fairly new and I was in the middle of teaching, the order to not revive him based on the CO announcement of a battlefield execution. To me it seemed to be a valid BE except the fact that Tater messed up on mechanically making it a BE. I was also the one who brought this fact to Tater both IC and OOC after the round had ended.
    Neil Norwood

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stealing food vendors at round start is considered both griefing and roundstart shenangians, because marines at spawn need to eat.
    I'm not gonna waste staff's time with pulling logs or council's time.

Your BE was IC consequences instead of you getting a OOC punishment.
    CO's have full authority to execute players if they're a threat to command or the operation, please read the rules page for more clarification.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids