User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID lock guns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ID lock guns

Every once in a while I come back to CM when I'm bored but are too busy with stuff IRL to be able to reasonably focus on roleplay-heavier servers. There's so much I want to complain about because it reminds me of my League days: a game that's upsetting, unfun, but I still occasionally go back to despite this.

Anywho, here's something utterly round ruining. Gun stealing. ID lock them. Done.

I'm sure someone will go: "But what if I'm in a bad position and I need your gun!"

How is that my problem? I've now been revived, have to either fall all the way back to get another gun, or steal some other poor bloke's gun. Why is it that if a Speci dies, we're just screwed? The SADAR got DNR'd? Well, f', can't get their weapon and use it!

I get the point of that - it's so the Spec doesn't go down and while they're being rev'd, some bastard comes in, takes it, and runs off with it, ruining the spec's round. So why does anyone else have to suffer through that? I'm sure some people will go: "Just tag it!"

Lemme get this straight. To avoid an utterly round-ruining issue that could be solved, you want every marine to go out of their way and label their guns - not just that, but if someone steals it anyway (which they goddamn will), I have to personally hunt them down? I swear, it's every few rounds, I get rev'd and don't see my gun - now what? Why doesn't the spec "just tag it"?

At that point, I usually just suicide charge the Xenos because who in god's name wants to spend 10-20 minutes getting another one? No one, that's who. Especially if it's a restricted weapon you went out of your way for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    costs too much

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't lose your gun or put a label on it, if someone steals your gun go beat them up and take it back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just like to add that xenomorphs go out of their way to melt guns. If you can not retrieve it in seconds, it is in acid. In case somebody shoots it or blows it up, it falls even further back to their lines, making it even more easier to melt.

I#m not sure if they fixed it, but it used to be like if you had anything in acid and you picked it up, it would still disappear from your inventory after a while when it melted properly so no use really.

After that even if marines push back and even revive everybody, you lost 10 guns. Not sure what to do other than magharness and lose an attachment space, but when they pushing hard, even for just 30 seconds sentinels go in and melt everything. Usually someone else's gun is the last thing a medic or a fighting marine will save (or armor so magharness is useless).

By the time (if at all) marines push back xenos, all melted, all lost, we got marines with no guns. I guess req could drop some down.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    using a burn kit on a gun should stop it from being melted (but it uses up like 5 stacks)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep your main gun (mk1 or mou) mag harned and your shotgun on your back. if you lose your shotgun pickup an HG they are all over the map. you will still piss and cry when sadar blows up you and your mk1 for the 2nd round in a row

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the expensive restricted guns could use with ID tagging

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    skill issue.

just take the gun back like a real man, or steal someone else's gun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think restricted guns should be id locked since they are "restricted" means limited use/only a few can use them it would make sense for their guns to be id locked any other unrestricted gun is just fair play obviously

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already not a fan of the CO's gun/ERT guns being restricted. ID locking ALL guns is nonsensical, it plays too much into the individualistic MOBA mindset.