Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CM at 2015 and CM at 2019

Whitelisted Predator ReDikAl.ZiP's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CM at 2015 and CM at 2019

So out CM project is alive for almost/full four years. So uhhh, this is a Nastolgy thread and here you can tell stories from the dark old and funny times!

....corroders..... uhhhg....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ive just survived the battle on lv624, weve been on lv for about two weeks now because apop wasn't around for the weekly switch to ice.

Suddenly the RASP slams into the cafeteria. The emergency shutters quickly close sealing the bridge, medbay and brig off. I hear over the radio as my fellow marines suffocate and are slaughtered.

Me and my fellow PFCs quickly go to put our oxygen masks on and putting the tanks on our backs, we raise our rifles as we prepare to hold.....

suddenly we hear it. The crusher as the fucking beast it was slams through the shutters and immediately the air evacuates the foreward hallway. We begin shooting but its no use, before we can even finish our clips the phoron fire engineering has started begins to consume us.

We burn alive as the supermatter slams into the bridge.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good old days when the dropship didnt crash land. Xenos would just land it on the landing pad and marines would be waiting with a shit tons of grenades and just throw them onto the DS right after the aliens landed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And when the dropship first could crashland it could hit the outer hull of the ship which meant all the air got sucked out and xenos could hide out in space

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of those things sounds cool. Particularly parts about atmos, engine and space.
    It's ironic that cool stuff was always unintentional and then removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember soap on the Sulaco, and how many marines would slip on them throughout the round by people throwing soap as you walked by.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a spacefort with old hivelords.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when space cleaner nades slipped xenos?

I remember.

I think there's a old video of a boarding action where all the xenos just died to slip nades then getting gunned down in Rasputin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most amusing occurance I saw was when some insane/desperate Engineers overloaded the SM engine to the point of insanity. The entire rear end of the ship was so overheated that xenos were falling dead the moment a emergency shutter was opened and the air leaked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    people like to bitch a lot about current issues on CM, but they often tend to forget just how bad it was back in the day.

Back in ye old'in times, Hugger combat was the primary form of combat every marine had to face. Huggers has infinite life-spans, and every xeno could pick them up. This made it so melee combat with xenos was impossible, and having to go through so many god damn helmets in a single round was a huge hassle. Say what you will about pounce and spit spam, but at least you have a higher chance of survival compared to back in the day.

While a lot of xenos complain about how defibs make killing marines seem pointless, they tend to forget that back in the day, marines could CLONE new marines. This was a double-edged sword, because while cloning allowed long dead marines back into the fight (including specs), it also was a pain in the butt to deal with, moreso when there are PILES of dead bodies that need tending to. It was a lot of work, and even then, more than half the bodies were DNR anyway, and since researchers didn't really bother with the department that much, it mostly fell onto doctors, and there were not a lot of doctors back then either, so you can imagine how clogged medbay would get when they have to both conduct surgery AND clone 10 dead marines. At least back then the cyro-tubes had a use, though.

Crushers aren't as powerful as they used to be, but in a sense, that is a good thing, because it allows other xenos a chance to be useful. Back in the day, Crushers were so STUPIDLY OP that if you tried to evolve into anything that wasn't a crusher (besides a boiler), you would be mocked and called bald. They soaked bullets like nothing, were completely explosive proof, had an AOE stomp that made melee combat against them impossible, and this was also before napalm weapons were buffed, so not even fire could stop their high-speed rampage. Didn't help that they had the ability to drift, allow them to ram people around corners. Nowadays they are mainly siege engines, but in the past, they were the ultimate killing machine.

For xenos that think the Sadar is OP, try imagining 4 OF THEM in a single round. Back in the past, you didn't have to race to prep to get the kit you wanted. You just used a spec token and bought what you wanted. This would result in some very unpredictable loadouts for specs, where sometimes you'd get only one sadar and 3 smartgunners, 2 snipers and 2 B18 troopers, or the dreaded 4 Sadar team. Sadar might not have been as tough back in the day as it is now, but the fact that you could have 4 RPG troopers running around blowing up aliens at will? Yeah, that sounds like a bad time for xenos.

I could go on and on, but there are a lot of things that changed over the years, and sometimes I think people don't really appreciate the changes as much as they should. As flawed as they may be, they sure beat the shit we had to deal with back then, and I'm all the happier for it.