Date of Incident
    February 17, 2022

Your Character Name?
    Ancient Burrower PIG-539

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Teafortwo

Accused Character Name
    Tomlin

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    01:15

What rule(s) were broken:
    Synthetic Combat Restrictions

Description of the incident:
    I was slashing the comms tower next to the DS console on LZ-1 when synth saw it, attacked me, when I tried to disengage towards the northeast he chased and kept attacking until I was dead.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    >You start tunneling!
    >You tunnel to your destination
    >You resurface
    >You can now surface.
    >You slash TC-4T telecommunications tower!
    >Tomlin flips the plasteel barricade closed.
    >You slash TC-4T telecommunications tower!</span></div>
    >You slice TC-4T telecommunications tower apart!</span></div>
    >Ancient Burrower (PIG-539) has been smacked with the telescopic baton by Tomlin.
    >Tomlin is scalded with hissing green blood!
    >You try to tackle Tomlin
    >Ancient Burrower (PIG-539) has been struck with the telescopic baton by Tomlin.
    >Ancient Burrower (PIG-539) has been slapped with the telescopic baton by Tomlin.
    >Ancient Burrower (PIG-539) has died to telescopic baton at the Alamo Landing Zone

What resolution are you seeking?
    A warning about synthetic combat restrictions.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given synths later statements in round ive added all the attack logs of the burrower in questions for the round. Logs are provisional until synth gives their side of thigs ofc.

The attack logs.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The incident + synths reaction to it. Notably they are saying this was a very dangerous burrower and thus needed to be stopped. I've added their attack locks above for this reason.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Say logs regarding FOB or burrower. They are likely truncated as it wouldn't include the 2nd line if someone said something in 2 lines. There is no clean way to separate logs on a per squad basis either, notably, stuff labeled as general will probably not be general but rather bravo. Nonradio chat is also included as i really have no way of telling apart who synth was near enough to hear.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ito726; 02-20-2022 at 11:36 AM. Reason: added coms logs
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played Tomlin. My justification is as follows:

i. Marine comms had lots of traffic prior to the event in question saying that Bravo and FOB had been wiped by a burrower.
    ii. The burrower and my pursuit of it, which could not have been longer than two dozen tiles, were entirely within FOB for the duration.
    iii. There were only two combat ineffective humans in FOB who were not aware they were there alone with a xeno.
    iv. The burrower remained an active threat to communications and the soon-to-land dropship unless they were removed from the FOB.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synth council discussed this report and found Tomlin to be innocent. We based our ruling off of a similar report in the past, in which Mia chased down a lurker who had killed tons of marines on the Almayer and disabled comms. There were no marines around to stop the burrower, and so Tomlin had to take matters into their own hands in order to protect their own life, the lives of other marines, as well as the integrity of the operation.

This was definitely a gray area in terms of the programming and an extremely unlikely situation for a synthetic to encounter, however Tomlin made the right choice. No action taken.
    Synthetic Senator