Several, at the time Winston 'Zardoz' Rickshaw
    Their BYOND Key
    Forest2001
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    22ish GMT
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the rules/failure to investigate
    Description of the incident
    Was CL on a Kutjevo round which I intended to do a RP bribery/objective gimmick as CL. I planned on using the maint guns as rewards/bribes to marines to complete some objectives like getting a xeno egg or xeno corpses. I run a character that I like to play as a sort of firearms cultist religously obesssed with guns and death. I therefore felt that rewarding the marines with powerful weapons would be character appropriate. I speedran through maint to get em as quickly as possible so i could make arrangements in time for briefing and upon getting the ones i wanted including a UPP shotgun (which admittedly was way better than anticipated) alpha SL tried to steal it from me. I had no chance to RP the situation. I could only tell him a few times to "fuck off" to which he didn't. he started to loot the crate i was dragging and he dropped a shotgun, which i used to fire warning shots with into the wall to make him back off. He then took out his gun and proceeded to run me down as i had dropped the shotgun and was running away. He mag dumped me as i was unarmed and more than 2 full screens away from the initial scene with intent to kill me.

I overreacted by shooting and admit that firing AT ALL allows retaliation. my issue here is that upon ahelping the overstepping of escalation by running me down and mag dumping to kill me when he already was stealing essential stuff from me. I was responded with that I shouldnt "loot req" despite clarifying several times that i was taking hidden crate maint weapons. I feel as the spirit of the rules was broken as my ability to have an interesting roleplay scenario with marines in round was ruined. To bribe marines in any effective way you have to have something they mechanically want and is novel enough to be noteworthy, I had that perfectly through a UPP shotgun and allowing this player to take that while (by forests own admission) overstepping escalation and mag dumping me is a violation of the spirit of maintaining roleplaying and investigating incidents. There was no more than at most a minute of investigation and multiple errors in his assessment, after correcting him I was told to "drop it". That is a failure to investigate properly and act in a respectful manner in my opinion.

I was then perma killed by alpha squad after attempting to retake the items off the SL pre drop. Being deliberately pbed several times to make revival almost impossible. The CMP refused to do any action against the SL and I took to confronting him and when he refused to even speak to me I used non lethals to try and retake the items.

I'm mostly annoyed that my Ahelp was dismissed when I've seen people get far worse consequences for similar actions. All I asked for was a warning to the SL to not run after and deliberately kill someone whos running away unarmed and hadn't even hurt them. Especially after they were stealing items that I had just as much right to take as anyone else just because they felt more entitled to them.

I feel Forest in this case was neglectful and dismissive of the situation and wasn't investigating anything. Through PMs I got the distinct feeling he let it slide because I was according to his description "looting req" and "potentially angering marines", which is a stance to rulebreaking I feel is very out of place in such a highly regarded staff member as forest (an assessment I'm happily proven wrong on).

I spent significant time, effort and energy on planning a fun and engaging gimmick and felt low key griefed on it at roundstart and had it ruined, even ending up perma after attempting to salvage it IC. My ahelp was brushed off without any investigation. I don't like making reports like this and prefer to remain outside of the spotlight community-wise but I felt the conduct was sufficiently dismissive this was warranted.

I was somewhat argumentative in ahelps, and feel regretful about that. I wrote a lenghty PM and then promptly left, which was immature. I was however only like that because i was annoyed at having my already planned out round and RP idea ruined by someone almost immediately. Ontop of that having admins admit to ignoring a rulebreak, not even making a warning made me quite angry. Forest told me to drop it after I wanted a mere warning to the player in question, at no point did I ask or demand for anything more severe than that (didn't even want him noted, just warned) but was flat out denied with no further questions or investigation. He even acknowledged that the player overstepped, but still said he wouldn't warn him.

I can agree that I was salty and that the other player wasn't overstepping too far from the rules. That is fine. I only asked for a warning and I would've cryoed and not been making any report whatsoever if that was the resolution in this matter. I can take my round getting ruined by an edgecase situation, that's fine. What I take issue with in this incident is Forests dismissiveness and failure to take even the simplest action against a self admitted rulebreak that ruined my round. The implied reason for ignoring that felt very out of place amongst a staff member, and blaming me essentially for getting my round ruined and a player rulebreaking to do so. However edge case or wrong this assesment I've made here is there was a clear failure to take my statements seriously or even listen to them. I felt distinctly that the case was already decided on before I could explain it and was dismissed when I replied with my version of events and what happened. It felt like Forest had already decided that no rules were broken and even if they were that I was some self antagging CL who propably did something that deserved that response. I feel like such dismissveness is unbefitting of a staff member, especially someone as high up as Forest. I was not able to explain the situation at all to him before being dismissed and he was far more interested in why I took those items rather than what happened. Something that was entirely irrelevant to the situation at hand.

I feel no animosity towards forest or anyone involved, I just feel like this was handled improperly. It was the first time I've felt staff being dissmissive on that scale and most of my interactions with staff have been positive or very reasonable. This one was so far outside of the usual interactions with staff i've had and felt very subpar.

From my experience with staff guidelines you should only look the other way when the rule break isn't hurting anyone in the round. Something that was clearly happening here, or potentially was since forest wasn't investigating it in any meaningful capacity (to my knowledge). I feel therefore this justified a staff report.
    Evidence
    I have no evidence as I don't screen capture gameplay or have any ability to take screenshots on the fly. I'd be happy to have logs pulled on the situation as they hopefully give light to information I wasn't privy too or prove my case.
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Nothing major, just acknowledgement of wrongdoing and lack of investigation. Ideally some sort of commitment to not pre-decide and rule on issues before investigating them fully. But acknowledgement or explanation is just as well to me. I don't care that much, as said, its more about the conduct and attitude in the investigation than the outcome. I didnt expect much then but at least being taken seriously and having it dealt with respectfully when ahelping a "griefy" situation wouldve been acceptable to me in that moment. I would also like to apologize personally for being a bit rude in ahelps, I was mad at having my round ruined and that was wrong of me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey so I was the SL in question in here and I'll throw in stuff

I overreacted by shooting and admit that firing AT ALL allows retaliation. my issue here is that upon ahelping the overstepping of escalation by running me down and mag dumping to kill me when he already was stealing essential stuff from me.
    So this is why I fired on you, you grabbed my dropped pump-shotgun and claim here that you were trying to fire "warning shots". I really doubt that as you ran alongside me trying to get a PB off on me. We also had no interaction besides me saying "Hey" and pointing at you and you walking off then me opening your crate to take your gun(I could be 100% wrong here as this happened a while ago, but logs will show the truth). You claim the blackmarket guns are "essential" but why would a CL need them besides trying to charge marines money for something that was already available. I'm sorry if I ruined as your gimmick as SL, there really aren't enough, but when I tried to stop you, you kept running off. Your only escalation was picking up my dropped gun and firing it missing me, then trying to chase me to get the PB. No words besides "fuck off". MK1 dropped you, and you didn't try to run, I could be wrong but you died with the shotgun still in your hand. MK1 just has good damage against human mobs.

I was then perma killed by alpha squad after attempting to retake the items off the SL pre drop. Being deliberately pbed several times to make revival almost impossible. The CMP refused to do any action against the SL and I took to confronting him and when he refused to even speak to me I used non lethals to try and retake the items.
    So the way you tried to "retake" the items pre-drop was walking up to me without a word in the middle of briefing and shooting me with your rubber bullets. My squad instantly ganged up you and started to beat you. I'm not sure if you talked to me as it was briefing, a lot of people talking and I wasn't that engaged. Again logs will show the truth. The CMP was on my side because I explained what happened to them both times that you went from 0 to 100 in a few seconds

round ruined and a player rulebreaking to do so
    So through out you change your argument that I did break a rule by taking a gun from you, and then defending myself after you shot at me. Please decide which one it is, because if I did break a rule I'd like to know so I can avoid this in the future.

Anyways I'll leave you with this. Guns aren't toys. If you use them except someone to use them back, I'll say it again, highly doubt those were warning shots as you ran along side me trying to get the PB so you could probably loot the UPP shotgun off my dead corpse. I'm sorry I ruined your CL gimmick but what I saw from you wasn't the best RP, and it seems like you just had a bad day.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appeal is being denied. Firing shots at someone even if they were meant to be warnings is enough cause for them to fight back. Walking up to the SL and shooting them with rubber bullets, while not lethal, is not a good way to try and recover the items the SL took and it is understandable why alpha squad opened fire on you.

From what I've seen forest broke no staff protocols when dealing with this situation. In the future if you want to do a fun gimmick like this then it is fine but make sure to be more careful with escalation